Camping Trip to the Lakes - Friday 27th - Sunday 29th June

sharkrider

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a chance that we might now need to bring 2 cars if that's possible as the HCs are definitely coming and SOMEONE decided to downsize his car so we might not be able to fit everything in one! :rolleyes::D

If bringing two is a probem, I can just leave SOMEONE at home ;)

If bringing two is a probem, I can just leave SOMEONE at home ;)

the number of cars isn't a problem, the "proper" place he wants us to camp, will likley just have our tents on it... there is other places to park the cars... if he wants us to sqeeze on the normal field , I dont think we'll get our cars and our tents on there.....

Haha! Good stuff.

I hope we can get our own field. There's no point in bothering if we have to be in bed by 9pm and can't have a drink and some music. More like a prison than a holiday if it's like that

right... been out on the drive today (was good fun ) and swmbo has made notes... I'll post the route up on here later, and I'll also have some printouts for people on the day... still planning to do the drive on the saturday.....

as we went past the slate mines swmbo suggested this for people... the honister mine is a good little "activity" if you like that sort of thing... a bit of history,and a walk down the mine itself, I've been down there and found it quite interesting......

spoke to the camp site owner again, and gave him the latest list of people, he still wants us in the "normal" area, as he only has a limited liscence for his extra field....

I went back up to have a look, and we shoul;d all fit on easily... there is loads of parking on a special parking area just next to the field, but we may even be able to get the cars next to the tents, we'll see how we go as it gets busy!

if it turns out to be a buys weekend he'll still put us in the extra field, but i think we should be ok for space at the moment, so if you are umming and arring about comming, you should just be able to "turn up" and join us with no worries :)

see you all soon!

So if we are in with normal campers are there going to be loads of rules? I want to go and have fun like we did last time, but I find it likely on a proper site that it will be no fires, no noise/music after whatever time and they probably wont take kindly to people getting drunk. Is it going to be like that? To me, thats the fun part.

So if we are in with normal campers are there going to be loads of rules? I want to go and have fun like we did last time, but I find it likely on a proper site that it will be no fires, no noise/music after whatever time and they probably wont take kindly to people getting drunk. Is it going to be like that? To me, thats the fun part.

:iagree: If they won't let us have the field Dave, what about trying the campsite we were at last year with the feild behind?

listen, as Andy knows, you can just turn up on your own at most camp sites in keswick on a summers day and not get in! I never even expected to be able to get a campsite at all , and absolutely NO campsite but this one has said we can reserve space, so I think I've done well! we can drunk, but just behave like normal adults! no fire as that would obviousley kill the field! we have a "section" to ourselves so that should be fine.... I cannot create the rules....

I could easily find a field, but you would have no toilets/showers ect, which would put 90% of people off...

the last campsite Andy , has that field taken (some agricultural "rotating" thing... sileage at the moment I think!) and there is no-where else to go.....

Lmao, I meant I have sorted out a little playlist haha! Luke will agree that it should be good lolol!! Just you wait!! :rofl:

Luke certainly does agree that the choice of music in the play list will be legendary :thumbup:

/agree +5

Lolol!! :rofl: Who is providing the stereo then?

listen, as Andy knows, you can just turn up on your own at most camp sites in keswick on a summers day and not get in! I never even expected to be able to get a campsite at all , and absolutely NO campsite but this one has said we can reserve space, so I think I've done well! we can drunk, but just behave like normal adults! no fire as that would obviousley kill the field! we have a "section" to ourselves so that should be fine.... I cannot create the rules....

I could easily find a field, but you would have no toilets/showers ect, which would put 90% of people off...

the last campsite Andy , has that field taken (some agricultural "rotating" thing... sileage at the moment I think!) and there is no-where else to go.....

Everyone appreciates the effot you have put in, I'm not suggesting it's a half hearted effort at all. Just that I don't personally want to travel for 2 hours to be sent to bed at 9pm. I would just like to know what the rules are first.

That campsite that Jezza and pals went to on TG looked about as much fun as slitting your throat with a rusty blade lol.