How to enable Traffic Sign recognition

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone who has enabled TSR seen anything other than a speed limit sign appear on the Columbus/Amundsen or Maxidot?

I have the setting for displaying additional signs enabled but haven't seen anything other than 20,30,40,50,60 or 70 displayed.

The only other sign mine displays is the no overtaking sign, you see a 2nd sign behind the speed limit on the maxidot. When you go to the traffic sign view on the maxidot menu, you see both the speed limit sign and the no over taking sign (two cars side by side the right one red). Also occasionally the national speed limit sign is shown instead of 60 or 70...

• 1 month later...

Out of interest any idea what triggers the warning on the maxi dot to come on? It doesn't appear to be amount of time the ignition is on or distance driven..perhaps when it first tries to read a sign (whether successfully or not) ?

• 3 weeks later...
andyvee, on 21 Nov 2014 - 22:16, said:andyvee, on 21 Nov 2014 - 22:16, said:andyvee, on 21 Nov 2014 - 22:16, said:

To anyone still trying to enable this - take a look at the coding of the A5 camera with VCDS 14.10

There is a coding for the type of Navigation unit you have, MMI 3G, MIB HIGH etc. You can also select None (hint hint)

This might be the answer to the restricted functionality messages :)

Of course, having a MIB HIGH (Columbus) mine works perfectly :)

I did some testing on Octavia with following modules:

Address 17: Instruments (J285)       Labels: 5G0-920-XXX-17.clb
   Part No SW: 5E0 920 751     HW: 5E0 920 751 
   Component: KOMBI         304 4270  
Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794)       Labels: None
   Part No SW: 5E0 035 840 A    HW: 5E0 035 840 A
   Component: MU-S--ER      041 0435  
Address A5: Frt Sens. Drv. Assist (R242)       Labels: 5Q0-980-653.clb
   Part No SW: 5Q0 980 653 F    HW: 5Q0 980 653 
   Component: MQB_MFK       H06 0052  

When I configured TSR, I got that horrible bong :notme: , restriction message on MFD and this error on 5F module (also with coding Navigaton system not installed or not listed):

1 Fault Found:

7201 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s) 
          U1111 00 [008] - -
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 6
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 8

restriction-message.jpg

However, after I changed fusion modus for TSR in adaptation channel on camera from Road sign and map data (or something like that) to only Road sign (or something like that :D ) the error on module 5F disappeared. :clap:  :clap:  :clap: I would say that this should be enough to keep the TSR active and have no problems with Skoda service. Sadly that horrible bong and restriction message are still present. :devil:

Anyway, I saw that on 5F there are still quite a few adaptation channels for TSR, but I did not have time to test them. Maybe next time. It would be really great to get rid of that horrible bong.

Also this additional information: according to my test drive bong and restriction message show up when the first traffic sign is recognized. And this happens also if TSR in MFD is deactivated on Car setup and traffic signs are not shown up on the MFD. But they are still shown in Sign display.

Edited by mtl

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone ! 

Did someone manage to activate traffic signs on MFA without lane assist, with the info from the map ?

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks, I have an Octavia III scout (almost brand new) with Columbus and all the bells and whistles. Have just gone through this procedure and not only did it not work for me, I've now lost the speed sign in the head unit now  :|

Hi Folks, I have an Octavia III scout (almost brand new) with Columbus and all the bells and whistles. Have just gone through this procedure and not only did it not work for me, I've now lost the speed sign in the head unit now  :|

Has anyone got the coding for a basic of the floor model so that I can put it back to normal?

Has anyone got the coding for a basic of the floor model so that I can put it back to normal?

Go in in the folder \VCDS\Debug and there you have AdpLog.txt and CodingLog.txt.

In both files there is a complete list of all codings that you did. Just go back in reverse order.

• Like 1

Read carefully this topic, since it has been already thoroughly described how to enable it with Columbus. Nothing can be added.

I can confirm that it works, but you have to follow all the instructions.

• Like 1

I've also done it on a scout. I always exit vcds between coding, remove key and wait for mfd to sleep, then continue with the next and so on.

And dont forget to activate it in car menu.

• Like 1

Hmmmm.... I did follow it to the letter, and tried again.

I'm just wondering if any coding is different here in Australia compared to EU? 

I certainly lost my speed display in the RNS too.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I may try again when I have a little more time.