So what you been doing to your VRS lately?

Big Lee

Had the car since February fitted Steering arms, tracking, thermostat, SAI delete, full service, dump valve, decat pipe, rear Mtec disc's n pads, new rear calipers with Spring, milotec vents

93305e15d9a7e9f02aee31496271e06f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Red VRS' are glorious  :rock:

How easy are dump valves to fit on these cars? Replacing all my vacuum/breather pipes next week at some point, and a dump valve is next on that list.

Really? Wouldn't that be like selling one of the family?!

It would. But I think it's time.

I'm taking the train to work, and we mostly use the wife's car at weekends, so it's not getting much use. The cost of the quattro is ramping up, and the wife needs a replacement for her ageing car.

And over here the vRS still has a decent value.

So I swapped the Recaros back to the standard seats today and removed the sub and amp.

It would. But I think it's time.

I'm taking the train to work, and we mostly use the wife's car at weekends, so it's not getting much use. The cost of the quattro is ramping up, and the wife needs a replacement for her ageing car.

And over here the vRS still has a decent value.

So I swapped the Recaros back to the standard seats today and removed the sub and amp.

Give the VRS to the wife and all will be well, job done problem sorted thank me later.

• 2 weeks later...

Mainly detailing it with Kleers products after spending a small fortune on them!  

Oil strainer/cam chain tensioner probably next on the list :(

12186371_10156184966910722_4714462569239

12195033_10156184965240722_7215626096487

Edited by Zoe

Ive just dropped the oil as it was black.Had to buy a oil filter tool to remove the old one as whoever put it on must have arms like popeye when he's had his spinage.Fitted a new ramair filter that I got from vag tuner last week new plugs that's it for now.

Oil strainers a nice easy job tbf, ibe got one waiting to go on next week

Luckily it was a broken air pipe causing the noise on cold start not oil starvation/cam chain tensioner oil supply/strainer!  

So it will be getting set of springs next :D

Oh and the Kleers metal polish was amazing on the exhaust, best thing I've ever tried on it, impressed!

Edited by Zoe

So today I did the usual pre wash was routine

Followed by a light coating many to remove access polish from when I mopped it a couple of weeks ago also broke of some clay to work on the rubbers that had some polish on them.

Then followed by auto finesse ultra glaze then some dodo juice wax (forget the name sure it's for a light car but I'm certain it's all very silmilar)

Wheels where cleaned with valet pro bilberry cleaner , sealed with poor boys sealant then poor boys tyre black

821160DA-08B0-4019-9180-1D04C8E504C6_zps

BE918872-6E09-4947-99D0-E63AE681F15A_zps

AB4C9583-6289-475D-BEF7-ED9FC01F6EA1_zps

Thinking about stopping with the car now for any extra mods as I quite fancy the mk2 limited edition 2.0 TFSI.

I also haven't worked out if I want to sell it as its relatively worthless

So today I did the usual pre wash was routine

Followed by a light coating many to remove access polish from when I mopped it a couple of weeks ago also broke of some clay to work on the rubbers that had some polish on them.

Then followed by auto finesse ultra glaze then some dodo juice wax (forget the name sure it's for a light car but I'm certain it's all very silmilar)

Wheels where cleaned with valet pro bilberry cleaner , sealed with poor boys sealant then poor boys tyre black

821160DA-08B0-4019-9180-1D04C8E504C6_zps

BE918872-6E09-4947-99D0-E63AE681F15A_zps

AB4C9583-6289-475D-BEF7-ED9FC01F6EA1_zps

Thinking about stopping with the car now for any extra mods as I quite fancy the mk2 limited edition 2.0 TFSI.

I also haven't worked out if I want to sell it as its relatively worthless

I understand your point... Including purchase 2,5 years ago I spend 7k easily and there is stuff needs to be done. It is too much spend now to quit the project...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk