Fabia Mk2 vRS Meet - Santa Pod Sat 16th May 2015

Sat 2nd May could be good as it's an extended day 'late night' RWYB event where the track is open until 8pm.

The 16th may also looks good as there is the pro event the next day although I'd worry slightly that may be a busy weekend.

They indicated that the summer months are often very busy with much longer queues to get on the strip compared to the springtime.

I will try and edit the thread when I get home to set up a poll! :-)

• Like 1

Wunderba.

Suits me sir.

I would prefer Summer 2015, June / July and the Saturday 20th June looked good for being there on the Sunday as well.

I would be down on Friday night & Saturday night.

But i will go when, or where suits others,.

So just decide what suits the majority and if it is at an event that is already taking place and can cope with few or many it is less stress about people dropping out.

What ever or where ever is decided,

??

Is it just the vRS Mk2 Fabia Owners on Briskoda at the time,

simply people commit,

& is it OK Owners up to the time as long as they come on the forum and commit.

Not a general shout out on Face Book, etc,

& 1,000-2,000 Twincharger owners turning up!............unexpected.

My initial feeling was to keep it a focused mk2 Fabia vRS meet to have sensible numbers (and it would be nice to have something just for us for a change!) but I don't know how people feel about opening it up to other cars etc?

Certainly NO Facebook open invite situation :-)

We only need 10 cars to secure our club booking and the club stand. It's no big deal if people drop out last minute or others want to be added on but we will need some firmish commitment from people so that I can give Santapod the rough number so they can ensure a stand of appropriate size for the group.

Once we have fixed a date I will start a list on here to get the numbers in place :-)

We can then start bolting on extra activities etc (pub lol) depending on what suits.

• Like 1

Sat 2nd May could be good as it's an extended day 'late night' RWYB event where the track is open until 8pm.

The 16th may also looks good as there is the pro event the next day although I'd worry slightly that may be a busy weekend.

They indicated that the summer months are often very busy with much longer queues to get on the strip compared to the springtime.

I will try and edit the thread when I get home to set up a poll! :-)

you want it in the spring time for the best results out of these cars. Remember if your doing the strip they suffer from a lot of heat soak as standard.

Please,

can it stay in this section just now, until the 60 plus members that have already posted in the other thread see about the meet,

& more that have not seen yet.

In the Events Section it might well get missed.

The 10 going is pretty much guaranteed.

A decent turn out of Owners from Briskoda would be nice and no pressure to do the Strip,

just a nice social get together, and family or friends with something to watch and occupy them.

• Like 1

Please,

can it stay in this section just now, until the 60 plus members that have already posted in the other thread see about the meet,

& more that have not seen yet.

In the Events Section it might well get missed.

The 10 going is pretty much guaranteed.

A decent turn out of Owners from Briskoda would be nice and no pressure to do the Strip,

just a nice social get together, and family or friends with something to watch and occupy them.

Agree, definitely keep in this section (unless the mods come along and move it) :-)

Santa Pod is a great idea, would be good to get proper drag times! Spring would be better as we really do not want to queue for hours (perhaps exaggerated) for your runs. 

I will have to see if Torque Steer Assist can be enabled/adjusted on my vRS:)

Soooo up for this!!!!!

Nice work Tom!

March / April time would be great. We should pick sme of those dates and put it to the vote?

I can't go back and edit in a Poll unfortunately :-(

May seems popular so I might just make an executive / dictatorial decision and go for SATURDAY 16th MAY......? (Unless anyone has any major objections lol).

It's far enough away to give plenty of notice for people to be able to go for that I would have thought.

I also think it avoids any bank holiday weekends and half-term weeks?

• Like 1