Whats your mileage ?

AQY

148499 miles and rising 54 miles a week. 06 plate bought it on 115,000 miles, just done a round trip from South Wales to Aberdeen, 100 litres clocked 1135 miles, standard car.post-95448-0-94464500-1416775563_thumb.jpg

Edited by stuart vrs

Mine is nearly on 92k, got it in February with just under 78k on. I don't know much about the history but the previous owners seemed to do short journeys, since getting it I've had to replace the clutch & get the gearbox rebuilt. Now it's leaking screenwash from the NS wheelarch area, letting water in from the drivers door in heavy rain and I've noticed the battery light doesn't come up on ignition. It's a great car though, rarely ever bet below 60mpg from a tank.

check your load sensor wire before your battery dies!

• Like 1

My eldest son bought the first of 5 family Fabias pictured in my avatar, a 1.2 petrol, 3 cylinder. It was a '56 reg with around 9,000 miles. WELL we sold it this Sept with 149,000+. Apart from annual service/oil change, tyres, wiper blades etc ,all we replaced were console bushes, front brake discs & pads and radiator fan sensor.

post-56007-0-28658800-1416864681_thumb.jpg

My 56 plate VRs has now done 126,000 miles.  It has been serviced every 10,000 miles since new, had its cam belt changed for the second time a few months ago, anti roll bar bushes replaced and still on original clutch and exhaust system (as far as I know).

I think I may have one of the lowest mileage fab vrs around! Only 34k!! :)

Damn, work made me put 3k on mine in a month and a half taking it to 39500 :(

People keep telling me to keep the mileage down, they look at me like I've got 3 heads when I tell them I bought it to drive and not sit and stare at it.

yours an SE?