Trevorb33's Fantasy Green Fabia 1.8t Sleeper

TrevorB33

Had a quick half hour when I got in, alt and tensioner and alt belt fitted, I did buy one but it was too short, funny enough eurocarparts actually list one for without a/c and it fitted a treat, slam panel on and rad connected, filled with coolant but the heater matrix pipe is leaking so need to sort that. beginning to look like a fabia again,

New/old alty and tensioner

749BDBE3-3E46-4E50-9E53-249C2C6B754C.jpg

All fitted shiny shiny

AFC30704-526F-43E1-A8EC-1783B25B9015.jpg

Slam panel/crash bar fitted

FBC527BC-5307-4371-9A65-B59EF5E4C294.jpg

344D1EA3-0E85-43A4-A50C-DDB6508605DD.jpg

• Like 2

You seem to be getting on with this so quickly! Can I pay you to fit a 1.8T to my pickup? ;)

Also have swapped the fuel pumps over, tried starting but not getting anything from the fuel pump :/, gave up for today as I need my multimeter from work see if I'm getting any power to pump, the relays working as I can activate it in vcds, no faults in engine so tad confused

Strange one, I assume you are Ibiza loomin' all the way front to back? The fuel pump circuits are identical iirc, mine worked with Ibiza engine loom and Fabia interior before I ripped it out. My money is on a connector on the bulkhead not being in 100%. Brave putting the dash on before testing it :P

It's probably something really silly but when you get tied up into something and tired you can't see the woods for the trees.. I'm sure you'll get it sorted soon!

Indeed mate it certainly is strange, i might have popped a fuse or something as everything's plugged in, not showing any earth faults on vcds either which is good as I thought I may have missed an earth somewhere, I'll know more when I bring my multimeter home

Strange one, I assume you are Ibiza loomin' all the way front to back? The fuel pump circuits are identical iirc, mine worked with Ibiza engine loom and Fabia interior before I ripped it out. My money is on a connector on the bulkhead not being in 100%. Brave putting the dash on before testing it :P

YEah ibiza loom front to back now and yeah it primed fine with Fabia interior loom and Ibiza engine loom, there are two wires on the actual pump that's round a different way on Ibiza loom to Fabia, oh and I've already double and triple checked the bulkhead connectors lol

YAAAAY! Nearly done now :)

Indeed list is getting shorter

Off top of my head left to do is

Bolt up rest of dash airbags etc,

resister seat airbags and belt ignitors as Fabia didn't have them,

wire in front and rear abs sensors

Wire up side indicators

Wire up rear lights

get electric windows working

driveshafts on

Middle and back box of exhaust to fit and modify tailpipes so they don't show

So only really a couple of easy days :)

• Like 1

Awesomeness!!! :clap:

Can't believe how quickly you've done it too.

Top work.

Bet you wish you never sold the car to the Fox now ;)

That's not his car. :)

• Like 2