The latest VCDS Release is 23.11.0 and VCDS-Lite 1.2

DGW

+1

The only slight disappointment is you need cloud access for coding changes... this won’t be an issue 99%of the time but there is always the odd place when I have no wifi or 3G access.

As the owner of a bonafide interface i find this part pretty disappointing. I dont have wifi access where my car is, but i do in the house. I hope I dont have to trail a 100m cable to the car (to plug into laptop) :(

AIUI If you are using a device with a USB port then you do not need wifi / 3G connection, it's only devices like smart phones and iPads etc without a USB port that has to use the cloud for CODING.

Ohh I see Gizmo68.  When I read the posts I am in the same boat as C9550927, I thought I had to have my laptop 3G enabled, WiFi in the house just not strong enough to go outside, 1 bar is too weak so pretty much useless.  Maybe someone from Ross Tech can confirm for us?

From what I gather, the new hex-net interface contains a webserver and is also its own wireless hotspot. So, you go out to the car and plug in the interface, you then connect your phone or whatever to the device using its WIFI key and name, and then use the phone/tablet/laptop web browser to connect to the device which runs the webserver internally, no additional connection required.

• 2 weeks later...

We still do not have the MQB in the US.  :'( :'(

Some of the work that is needed simply is not going to get done until they are released here.  It is suppose to be this Spring but we have not seen one as yet. 

We hear the complaints .... we hear the impatience... we are not ignoring the market.  We simply need access and that access is still not here....

14.2 is mostly about adding HEX-NET support.  I have not heard that we have made many changes for MQB. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

.....there are still no MQB models in the US

I don't have the specifics that Sebastian mentioned and he has left to work a conference over the weekend.  But I felt an answer was warranted.  At the risk of being viewed and labeled as a snarky old fart, it seems some are really struggling with the fact that we (Ross-Tech US) have yet to see an MQB platform vehicle.  Seb has and Seb did add some labels and such in support of the vehicles.  It is these labels and such that I believe he refers.  He has also sent our team information, identifying problems that need to be addressed.  But until our software engineers can have a car at the office in the US, there will not be and cannot be full support for this platform. 

We don't know why VAG does what they do - releasing an all new platform in other parts of the world and not bringing it to the US.  We're sure they have their good reasons.  But no mater, we cannot change the fact that the platform is not here.  We are also not willing to change the fact that Ross-Tech does not have programming resources in other locations.  All of our programming staff is located in the US where it is cost efficient for us to have them.

In an effort to set expectations, let me share our thinking:  the MQB will supported once Ross-Tech US gets our hands on one.  Rumor is by July, MQB will be available in the US and we are in line to get one.  A VCDS update for MQB will occur sometime after July and will likely be in an Alpha release (meaning internal) before September as we want to show HEX-NET on an MQB at Automechanika Frankfurt (16-20 Sept).  However, if we don't get an MQB soon enough, we will not show VCDS/HEX-NET on an MQB in Frankfurt.  

We are providing a glimpse into the dreams that are fueling our plans.  Dreams are not reality - everything is subject to change for the only constant in this world is change!

Again, we ask patience.  We know the need and the desires and we know they have existed for nearly a year.  We get the frustration.  We want to meet and fulfill the needs.  As opportunity allows, we will do so as we have done for the last 14 years - bringing the lowest priced, most capable, most current, aftermarket VAG diagnostic tool to the enthusiast community.

Edited by bearthebruce
  • Like 4

Bruce - if there is anything we can do to help - send in autoscans, adaptation maps etc just let us know.

I sent Dana a pretty comprehensive set from my car, and if other members are willing to hang around for an hour whilst I pull the adaptation maps for vehicles with different options and MY then I will quite happily send them over - it helps me work out how to enable additional functionality as well :)

Bruce - if there is anything we can do to help - send in autoscans, adaptation maps etc just let us know.

Thanks andyvee.  My sense is that the things we know that need doing require a car.  Data alone is not the answer here.  We have maps and such available but we need the car to work with the information we have.

• Like 1

Thanks andyvee.  My sense is that the things we know that need doing require a car.  Data alone is not the answer here.  We have maps and such available but we need the car to work with the information we have.

Fair enough - lets hope VAG get you the car as early as possible :)

• Like 1

Does a remote session on to a laptop connected to MQB help, or do you need physical access?

I like your thinking Andy, you are obviously not using sky as your ISP otherwise you would need it connected all day (the amount of times the internet drops out! lol)