Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. I changed from yellow stuff the last time my fronts needed changed, and have blue stuff installed at the minute. They are a far nicer better all round pad. No complaints after several thousand miles. Same solid pedal feel from cold, as they are warm. Consistent braking and easy to modulate. I’ll probably change the rears from yellow to blue when they wear next time, for no other reason other than my wee brain doesn’t like them two different colours 😂.
  3. Anyone know where this nugget of info hides - when I collected our 2024SEL it was displayed on the dash whenever the motor was under light load, popped up there for weeks until I had a play with the various display screens - now it’s gone and despite some very time consuming searches, I can’t get it back………Google AI wrongly claims it’s included with the ‘consumption’ screen……..? Anyone guidance greatly appreciated………
  4. Hi, I accidentally disconnected my shark Ariel on my 2023 Karoq. I reconnected it, everything works fine including the SOS function and DAB radio. But I've got a yellow SOS warning sign and warning symbol on the dash. Can/how can I get rid of the warning light? Thanks Sam
  5. A mere 1.5B barrels it is estimated and even going for those dodgy economic last dregs would not get us past half our current need for oil. Gas is in better shape so pergaps ws should ve looking at more LNG cars like Dacia and a few others do. Also much less polluting the liquid fossil fuel.
  6. Kre joined the community
  7. We did a normal manual bleed with me on the brakes and my dad on the bleed valves. We did this a few times and didn't use a block to limit the pedal travel, which is why we thought we'd damaged the seals. We do have a pressure bleed kit, but couldn't be bothered to find it at the time. I thought that was safer after hearing about the seal problems but I didn't know it was actually more effective.
  8. Today
  9. What about volume of oil getting through Bab-al Mandab Strait?
  10. But we didn't need to be reliant solely on the importation of oil from those areas, did we? I used to work within the oil industry, and we are sitting on some massive oil fields that we should have a major stake in. The profits from that alone would also help to finance your beloved transition from burning fossil fuels to cleaner technologies. The entire world should have known that there was never going to be an everlasting supply of oil to be used as a fuel alone. What they should have been doing is using the profits from that to research other solutions before the supply begins to dry up.
  11. All rubbed down and some prophylactics added :p splish splash And then we find that the new spring kit for the new brakes isn't right. YAY.
  12. Did you manually bleed them or pressure bleed ? Had a problem with air in my sons mk1 rear brake lines. Had changed rear brake cylinders and brakes were slightly soft after bleeding. Tried manual bleeding again but ended up using pressure bleeder and eventually got a bubble of air out. Reckon it was stuck somewhere and needed a good flow of fluid to budge it. Alasdair
  13. Thanks for replying guys. OK, so that can happen that way without fluid leaking from the system. That is good to know. I'll have to try listening to the master cylinder while someone pushes on it. Though with this one I've never have it give absolutely no brakes. I don't think we can get much pedal movement without the servo though, even pushing hard. OK. That's interesting. Isn't the pumping hard with the engine off just depleting the servo vacuum though, nothing to do with compressing the air in the system by ramming more fluid in? There probably is air somewhere in the ABS pump, but won't it only be in the areas to do with ABS that are normally closed except when ABS kicks in? Surely air in those areas shouldn't cause a soft pedal when the entire reason you can't bleed it normally is because those areas are normally locked out by valving? But then you said you did a VCDS bleed and it did fix it, so there must be something I'm missing. I didn't know you could do it with other OBD scan tools. I thought it was only the full VCDS or a registered VCDS lite that you could do it with? I'll have to look into that. We have one of those topdon things but I think it needs extra software for manufacturer specific procedures like that, as I thought other OBD scan apps would. We probably should do a VCDS bleed, but we weren't convinced that was the problem, as the pedal doesn't pump up and wanted to avoid the expense if it was going to be a wild goose chase. Thanks for the input both, though it's still hard to figure out. I suppose it would help if I had previous experience of knowing what each problem feels like. Elliott
  14. https://www.team-bhp.com/news/diy-retrofitting-adaptive-cruise-control-my-2016-skoda-octavia-mk3?amp Try this as a star
  15. There is a 3rd shorter lever for the cruise control. I suspect you need to buy this and the associated wiring loom, then the software update etc Probably easier to buy a car with factory cruise control
  16. It's a small engine. De rate the power (remove tune) and it will probably be fine
  17. I have great news! The issue was caused by a defective oil pressure control valve (N522) that measured an incorrect electrical resistance (0.8 Ohm). After replacing the valve, the fault code is completely gone and the car operates normally.
  18. It is a bit compared to older less highly strung (read less overfueled) engines. I have a 4.2L diesel that does 130hp...but can pull Christ off the Cross all day long and not overheat. All about fuel delivery. Tune for more hp = more fuel = more heat. Needs bigger radiator and oil cooler.
  19. Mostly agreed However, is the oil pump electrically primed (would make sense in vehicles with stop start to maintain oil pressure). Or Is this instance of a stored / past fault. Hell, id change the oil straight out if you haven't already just to rule it out for the sake of 40 bucks
  20. I'm looking for your personal experiences of All season tyres please. My Kodiaq currently has Hankook Ventus tyres, which seem great on dry tarmac, but seem to be wearing quickly, even with benign driving - presumably due to the weight of the vehicle. The size (235/45R20) seems relatively unusual and there don't seem to be many options available. I'm currently looking at the following options which seem to range from approximately £195-£300 per tyre: Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV Continental All Season Contact 2 General Grabber Cross A/S GoodYear Vector All Season 4 Has anyone got any comments on these tyres, or even other suggestions for good all rounders?
  21. I suggest to connect it to the Gateway according to manual.
  22. Relying on any energy supply from such a distant and troubled area has always be dodgy and from personal experience being caught up in the Iraq - Iran war 1980 - 1985, hundreds of thousands died, and trouble has been off and on since then. British renewable are the answer, incl nuke, with fossil fuel just as backup.
  23. On the topic of fuel prices and price gouging, there is a site dedicated to the price of fuel, and for those that are not aware of it, it is petrolprices.com
  24. Makes my comments all the more pertinent.
  25. Oil moving thru Hormuz is pretty much back to pre Gulf war levels but it is several other factors adding to the landed cost. Insurance premiums are sky high, millions of USD per trip for Persian Gulf and Red Sea. Egypt put up the Suez transit costs massively Some Suezmax ships circa 140 kt or less still choose to take the South Africa route rather than Suez. Cost and tome, time is money, mean even if flows are back to normal the additional elements are stacking up landed cost. Saudi is reportedly going to discount crude picked up from Damman ie East coast ports to encourage tankers to go there. With strategic reserves at such a low and winter coming up fast some tough decesions and bidding will occur.
  26. A prime example of how the lack of forethought and planning will always bite you on the bum is because we have numpties running the show who, through their process of chasing an idealistic dream and goal, have clearly demonstrated that no matter how noble the end goal is, you must always plan for the worst-case scenario. Part of that planning is in decommissioning the wells in the North Sea. For those that were supplying Grangemouth, we failed to put in place an agreement with those countries that we granted licences to for the extraction of oil that we, the UK, should have an automatic access to the finished product in sufficient quantities, alongside the countries doing the extraction and processing, at market rates. If the US can ban the export of finished products, so can other countries, and if that happened, we would be up **** creek without a paddle, and that includes all of those with EVs, as we still need access to oil, and that will always be the case, and about 99.9% of everything that we all take foregranted in the shops, hospitals, DIY sheds, etc., all got there via roads and using diesel. On the other hand, common sense might suddenly spring back to life, and the illegal war be stopped, and everything return to normal again, about the same sort of chance as winning the jackpot on the lottery. This could well turn out to be the perfect storm and could be far more catastrophic than the problem of climate change, even though everyone is actually living a longer life than our predecessors ever did.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.