Skip to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/09/26 in Posts

  1. Ok well seeing as no-one seems to be guessing any longer I'll put @Gaz out of his misery... Its a Jeep Renegade Longitude in flat white...
  2. From this evenings walk............
  3. The link was posted on August 12th by viper42
  4. Good news according to AI which looks on the ball for once.
  5. Scala is a good choice, too. I've previously own a 1.0tsi Scala dsg, now onto my 3rd Octavia 1.5tsi dsg. I think the 1.0tsi engine mates with a manual box, slightly better than a dsg, seems to be a bit more lag when taking off on a 1.0tsi dsg, against a 1.5tsi dsg. In my experience, anyway. Although it's easy to adapt to. The 1.0tsi, if that's what you've bought, certainly didn't feel underpowered to me, either. Plus with the rear seats folded down there's only around 145 litres difference load space, between the Scala & the Octavia, Octavia being marginally bigger. Having a Scala you have the benefit of the car not being as long to manoeuvre within tight spaces.
  6. I had a look and on Ebay you can get inner ones in range £50-£100 depending if new or used. But same here, until its not constant problem I will leave it. I might get time to strip the panel and inspect the connector and pins. Will update if I get somewhere with it. Its just now, when it's darker it will be bother me even more 😳
  7. I'm currently looking at purchasing a car for work, taxi driver. Only ever driven octavias 1.6 tdi and recently 1.5tsi act. Test drove a 1.0 tsi se yesterday and was surprised how well it drove, was expecting it to be sluggish with a considerably smaller engine than I'm used to. Will mainly be used short stop start journeys with an old dear and shopping in the boot with the occasional boot full of suitcases with 4 extra bodies going to the airport Bit of gogogling suggests carbon build may be an issue that'd need monitoring, anything else i need to know to help make a decision ?
  8. When I was waiting for my car after being repaired, I sat in a Scala in the showroom. It was really comfortable and a nice dash layout. Definitely something to consider at a later date.
  9. I saw a Renegade (Doh! ) the other day. I always think of them as big yankee iron, but I swear it was smaller than the BMini Countryman in front of it 🤷‍♂️ Thanks for alleviating my misery 😁 G
  10. 1 point
    Hi all, just purchased my first Skoda (Fabia SEL Edition) after many years of buying Toyota’s. (5 in total) Hopefully made the right call 😁
  11. Nice evening one from our hotel in Menorca...
  12. 1 point
    I bought a used Octavia Mk2 (I think) from a dealer for px of my Citroen C3 piccaso that loved, and I am blown away by my Skoda !!
  13. Thanks for updating us... Yes, the Scalas are nice too. Kinda flew under my radar for the longest time, but they've come to my attention lately... Good choice.
  14. Monday 7 September was a good day ... I collected my first Skoda from the selling car dealer. It's a 2017 Superb Combi 2.0 TDI SE Technology in Business Grey with a 7-speed DSG autobox and 134,000 miles on the clock. It had a new cam belt and water pump plus a gearbox service prior to me collecting the car so no worries on that score for a few years (hopefully). Wireless Apple CarPlay worked fine using the BT dongle I took out of my E-Class and yesterday I moved the dashcam across too. This morning National tyres (aka Halfords) turned up at my home at 8:30 to fit four new tyres (I seldom trust the tyres fitted to used cars) and was gone in under 45 minutes so the car is ready for its first trek to North Wales on Monday with four adults, a 90kg mobility scooter in the boot and our luggage on the roof. It should give me a better idea of what the car can do. 😊 Aside from the normal evidence of everyday use for the past 8 3/4 years it's in really nice condition and I'm looking forward to many years of trouble free motoring with it. One downside is that I'm struggling to get my head around how to change/preset the radio stations. It's clearly a me problem but the infotainment system appears far more complex than it needs to be and way less intuitive than the Mercedes. I will win in the end though 👍
  15. update so is working fine no errors i swaped my 2 spoke with 3 spoke 5E3419093AG VKK
  16. My most recent tow for long distances in the UK was a Shetland 5.4 metre outboard cruiser on a single-axle tilter - never put on a weighbridge but wet weight was almost certainly a 'bit' over the unbraked limit! Boat was used for cross-channel cruises and long-coastal around Southern England, so usually carried fuel for around 70-100 miles. Tow vehicles with that boat were 2.0L Volvo 360, then a 2.2L Vauxhall - both N.A and with lower HP/Torque than the Octavia, hardly felt the weight with either.
  17. Bought a 2020 Octavia MK4 in October 2024. Until May 2025, I had almost no problem. Very comfortable car, nice driving experience. But with the arrival of hot weather, the infotainment started switching itself on and off even when the car was locked, and that made my battery go flat. To this day, still no definitive solution, just endless updates. So my solution was to unplug the fuse each time I leave the car for longer than a few hours. Also, problem with the volume that kept turning up; very annoying. I live in Belgium and the dealership wasn't willing to replace the unit (will be done on September 11th) and didn't take into consideration the endless videos I took of this problem, until they saw it themselves. Maybe you won't have my problems, really rooting for you, because it is a beautiful, spacious, really the car of my dreams when it came off the production line back in 2020. But my next car won't definitely be anything produced by Volkswagen given the ignorance I witnessed. Have a great day, friend
  18. Cheers for the update and sorry to see all the parts are failing because of it but yours was the testament that was defying everyone else’s (and giving me hope I wouldn’t have to **** around returning mine). Gone with @JR RS ’s suggestion although Delphi were out of stock so KYB variants on their way.
  19. Before dabbing paint on rust spots, dab 'Rust Converter' on them and let it act / react.
  20. mine is a 2025 2.0TDI DSG estate and I pull a Mayland Mariner with alot of water trapped in the floor! You have a"slushbox" which is great for edging forwards (compared with my DSG which has to engage a clutch each time it edges forwards in traffic), but heat buildup on long inclines would be your issue. I am sure the basic "OBDeleven 3" would give you your gearbox temperature, but you'd need to test it beforehand on the same hills to know whats normal, and find out the temp thresholds for your model of gearbox. The max temp is to do with the max temp the transmission oil can handle. I think on some slushboxes the final drive (top gear) is a locked up gear and this is the one you want engaged as much as possible on the motorway to reduce hydraulic heat buildup (ie. gives it the chance to cool down after an incline). Bear in mind that the "towing prep" at the factory is the installation of the "J345 Trailer Control Module" (in the case of my car). This changes software mappings in the engine/gearbox and the car can reverse without it thinking it is about to hit a trailer...
  21. Cheers for this. Back go the TRC1070 items then. You def called it @JR RS - In my (our) defence there isn’t an AI LLM or retailer who doesn’t list everything MQB as compatible. Started going down a track-width rabbit hole. The TTS track is still thinner (by less) so the OE TTS alloy ones would still be wrong. Only car I could think with a wide track was 8Y RS3. 4mm wider overall so 2mm per side is a fraction of a degree more negative camber. Might be what these Delphi items are for? As now, trying to find OE RS3 is impossible without stumbling across a million items which are apparently compatible with RS3 and everything else (ie not at all). They look a good find though!
  22. Hi. Same issue here. Sometimes the one in the boot lid is off at all and sometimes just goes off instead of fading away. That is left one in my case. Right one just fail to go on sometimes. Tapping with the hand solves it for a long time but it is aventually comes back to this problem. It could be wire damaged in the top rubber boot or corroded pin or loose connector at the back of actual lights caused by vibration or slamming boot. Mine is electric but apparently even slow closing could cause this. It's known issue with mk3. I just have to find time to look at this, strip the inner tailgate panel and inspect the problem. Have you managed to solve your lights by any chance? Cheers
  23. Tis wat I've been saying for a while now - they're too short (width-wise) for the Superb. The camber will b wrong. Delphi TC4442 and TC4443 r a good option suitable for the mk3 Superb. These Audi-spec alloy LCAs r the same width as the Passat/Superb arms, and a Passat owner in Europe recently installed them. Based on the discussions on the golfmk7 forums, these r bigger than all of the alloy Golf Mk7 sized arms available on the market, which is why the Golf guys were looking at using these wider arms to increase wheel track and camber on their track/fast street cars. I'll b changing my LCA to these once the time comes for Gandalf.
  24. Take left front wheel off and loosen front half of wheel arch liner. You can probably see from there.
  25. And the final three. It's been a long wait! Best wishes to everyone on the forum and thank you for all of your advice and support.
  26. Well, we have had an opportunity to do our own personal PDI on Rosie 2. And I am pleased to say that everything looks to be excellent. We had a thoroughly pleasant time at the dealership and collection is scheduled for Monday, 14 September. We are really looking forward to it. I don't want to speak too soon but, so far, I cannot fault the dealership. They have kept in touch, been professional yet personal too, and seem to have done an excellent job preparing our new car. They have treated the paintwork with the Autoglym Cerafuse protection, plus the cabin as a no cost gesture of goodwill - which is more than I expected. Preparation is key to this finish working properly and, insofar as I could tell, the paintwork was smooth to the touch of my fingers. Honestly, fingers and the sense of touch are more telling than eyes. Anyway, so far so good. My insurance with Allianz is just £247 compared to £450 for the Velar. The dealer has ordered the reversible folding boot floor, some door bins and snow chains. They have popped a second umbrella in the passenger door at no cost and they have done an excellent job fitting the Nextbase 522GW camera and rear camera. The cables are out of sight and all the roof lining is perfect, as is the A-pillar. I will need to order my winter 17" rims from Skoda Parts online because the UK importer has stopped selling them. Same for the ski sack. I have a contact there and will speak to him next week because they are EU based. They are UK VAT registered and use FedEx for delivery but they need to take the VAT at the UK rate which means a telephone call because the online portal is set up for a different foreign VAT rate. This also means that they should clear customs properly with no further duty needing to be paid. Ah, Brexit. Here are some pics. I will provide an update next week after collection. Honestly, if only I had received this service with the Range Rover dealership. I spent considerably more, even back in 2017, and subsequently.....and yet a little Skoda dealership beats them hands down! Here's hoping.
  27. Have you checked the power steering fluid level?
  28. 195/55R15 85V LAUFENN S FIT EQ+ are a sub company of Hankook so should be decent tyres. My sons mk1 fabia is basic but also so far fairly trouble free and relatively cheap to fix. These days the newer the car the more expensive it becomes to repair so I would look after the one you have. Rust is the killer everything else can be sorted Alasdair
  29. I used to own the Superb Hatchback KY69UNB which had been faultless for my 4 years of ownership. Unfortunately on 10th April I was involved in a small accident which resulted in the offside front bumper, headlight and corner bonnet being damaged. The rest of the car was in excellent condition with 37.000 miles on the clock. I was amazed when the insurance company deemed it uneconomical to repair and offered me a payment which I accepted. I now see that the car is back on the road. So if you are the new owner of the car and would like all its full service and maintenance records from new message me and I will forward on. I will keep the offer open for another 4 weeks before I dispose of them if I have had no contact
  30. On one Skoda headunit I had it was a four digit code stuck to the back of the HU on an old style price label.
  31. I had 1.0 litre Octavia a few years ago. Did the occasional run to the airport with 5 up and stuffed with suitcases. No problems at all.
  32. When relative engine power is considered, it was pretty common in the past for a private taxi to have a 1.8 or a 2 litre NA engine - a modern 1.0TSI matches that at lower RPM !
  33. Our local taxis drive a lot of octavias. Reckon every second one is one. Last one I was in was a 1.0tsi and taxi driver said it was excellent. I too was really surprised when he said it was only a 1.0 litre. It felt like my 1.6tdi Alasdair
  34. I assume you have factored the lower cost of petrol against the higher MPG of a TDI? Four passengers with suitcases would suggest a Combi as opposed to a Hatch - If going down the TSI route, suggest looking for a 1.0TSI 110 or 116PS engined version, which, for a manual, have the 6-speed box.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.