Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. The only thing I can suggest is that you contact the dealer for advice or you try and reinstall it but that could brick it.
  2. Thanks you for that, I thought I'd err on the side of caution though. πŸ‘
  3. IIRC you have to do it in stages from lower number firmware revisions, you can't make a big jump. Ask your dealer for advice.
  4. Just use ready mixed stuff from Aldi, Lidl, Halfords and keep it in the boot box, so if it faults it, I just go to the boot and top it up.
  5. Don't worry about certain things like the built-in manual being missing, you'll get that back over the next few days, with upto 4 updates, that's what I've had so far.
  6. How to do it is on page 26 of this thread and must be followed exactly for it to succeed. Namely a formatted USB stick with absolutely nothing on it then just copy the 3 items from your PC/Laptop or Tablet onto the USB stick so there are just 3 items on there. If you see my guide and watch the video you should find it very easy to do.
  7. Quite a few. But to DIY is quite easy to achieve.
  8. Maybe Laura is turning into Lola 🀣
  9. You can download it again using your vin number should you want to as a fall back position. Have you tried setting the car back up so it knows you as a regular and registered owner to see what happens? Have you adjusted the privacy settings? I see that you have quite an old software/firmware revision, so it maybe a case that you need to have a new module & software/firmware revision.
  10. It's in the system settings menu where you change units etc. It'll update itself when necessary and if you have the restarting infotainment system problem and the car is in warranty get a dealer to do it for free.
  11. You'll find that the built in manuals aren't there at the moment, they'll be downloaded soon (If you use them), then probably another 3 or 4, I've had 4 downloads in total
  12. I didn't have any issues, but I think that you can start the engine & LEAVE IT RUNNING for that time, although in this warm weather it may not be quite so advisable
  13. GUIDE Ignition on, battery fully charged or on a charger, you can run the engine, but it wastes fuel.
  14. No. It'll be a DQ380 or DQ381. More likely the former
  15. I think it's wet due to the power output.
  16. Unless of course he means that he wants to know all equipment?
  17. Like I said download the file if someone has given you the link, extract the files to a new folder πŸ“‚, format the usb drive and then copy the files just 3 of them across onto the empty usb stick. Watch the video that's on the guide and follow it.
  18. Well unless you follow the guide carefully and you haven't formatted the usb stick so it's completely empty first then it has a good chance of fouling up and you stand a good chance of bricking your infotainment system. You must follow the instructions to the letter. And the normal caveat applies in that you do it at your own risk.
  19. You need to download the file then follow this link Infotainment system restarting endlessly
  20. It was in a silicone key cover which I think is why it survived the daily 30Β° wash & spin cycle.
  21. If you're out of warranty then you're probably going to have to pay for the upgrade, but it'll be done by the book and if it goes wrong then they'll have to put it right at their own expense. If you do a firmware/software update yourself and it goes wrong then you have to foot the repair bill yourself.
  22. Maybe you have had a duff download in the meanwhile.
  23. Glad that it has solved your problems, hopefully that's should be the end of hope problems. There are several more downloads to come I've had 4 so far, all have been minor and no ill effects.
  24. No. You tell them if you don't sort it out to my satisfaction I'll take my custom elsewhere in the future and that includes sales & servicing, plus any further sale of a new car. It may change their attitude
  25. Been and done the stupid thing and left my key in my jeans pocket and shoved them in the washing machine like a complete muppet! I got it out after a full 30ΒΊ wash & spin and found it still works with the exception that the front has come away! Is there a way to get that back in or do I need a new key shell? Or new key completely. Ta.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions β†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.