Everything posted by Gabbo
-
Update - tpi 2049459/14
Theres a parrot bluetooth update you can download from the Skoda update portal. Not sure it's related to the TPI you mention but something you can try yourself.
-
Glow plug change - MPG drop
What temperature was it with your delayed start? On my Octavia TDI I had a few years where I thought there was a software problem because the engine would take 2-10s to start on occasions. My battery eventually died & after replacing it, there's been no problems starting since. Did you have problems with the glow plugs that lead you to change them or just poor starting performance?
-
Glow plug change - MPG drop
Is the coolant temperature & oil temperature working as normal? Glow plugs obviously help with starting when cold but will also run while the engine is warming up for a short time after starting. I find it difficult to understand how they could impact fuel economy so much. It would be more likely something else was disturbed during the change. Why were they changed in the first place? What is your "tank to tank" economy and has it really change? You could just have been unlucky that the last trip you recorded included a regen? It would be better to monitor over a tank or two as long as you don't have any warning lights.
-
MySkoda App Honk & Flash
Ah you're right! Thanks
-
Wiper Replacement Recommendations
I've always bought Bosch wiper replacements in the past but they're not available for delivery to Switzerland by amazon at the moment. Fronts: A860S Aerotwin Rears: A331H I've seen there are several other brands now available from Conti & Valeo. Does anyone have any recommendations or alternative Bosch models that would still fit the Octavia Combi?
-
MySkoda App Honk & Flash
I have the full subscriptions at the moment as I have a new vehicle but at the current rate, I don't see any reason why anyone would pay in the future. The only thing vaguely useful is live traffic information & navigation update but as long as I can download them manually like my Octavia MIB1 is enough. Remote unlocking is very slow when it works but often didn't seem to have a signal to connect with the car. I will try android auto in the new year.
-
MySkoda App Honk & Flash
In the MySkoda App it mentions the ability to "honk & flash". However the only function the app seems to offer for my 2023 Superb is remote locking/unlocking. I can't change the lights or open the boot remotely (or configure any settings, send a navigation destination etc.) I was expecting a bit more in 2023 despite the mk3 being an older model.
-
VCDS help Superb 4x4
Do you have a facelift or original Superb? The reason there are 2 posts is the coding and some security details are different between the original and facelift superb
-
VCDS help Superb 4x4
Did you check the 2 pinned posts at the top of the forum for the standard and facelift versions?
-
Winter Wheel Pictures & Recommendations
The tyre size and spec you have chosen match the official Superb 16" sizes. The only part that doesn't match is the wheel offset ET50 instead of ET41. The difference is 9mm so relatively small. If I've got this right in my head, this will mean it sits further inside the wheel arch and will look like it's sunken a bit because is 6.5J instead of 8j or 8.5j. However because is a thinner wheel, the overall clearance will be slightly more. I think they might look a bit strange & sunken into the wheel arches, but I've no experience if ~2cm overall narrower wheelbase would have any effect on the general handling, I'd assume none a normal driver would notice.
-
Superb 2021 model virtual cockpit new theme upload
Can you not select the style and circle content thought the navigation menu for "virtual cockpit"? There is usually some limited choice via the right hand side series on the steering wheel.
-
🎄Happy Christmas S3 Owners!🎄
Merry Christmas to all...!
-
Winter Wheel Pictures & Recommendations
If it's just for a one-off trip, have you considered just fitting "all season" tyres to your existing wheels? Or asking a garage if they have some used winter/season tyres? You can then keep them for a few years and refit you existing tyres when they need replacing? Are the Audi wheels especially cheap? Otherwise, all of the tyre websites will provide wheels & tyres fitted and delivered to a garage with the fitting included. The cheapest 17" wheels should start from £60ish and maybe around £70-80 for mid range winter tyres. In the end, from my point of view, the wheels you are considering will fit and the speedo should over read which is ok, so as long as you don't drive like Colin McRae or hit the German autobahn they will be ok. However, please consider the advice from the others too though and make your own decision. In the end, If you are buying wheels and tyres, it's probably better to buy something correct for the car that you can use again even if it costs slightly more.
-
Superb SE L vs Sportline Plus
The suspension is particular bouncy in my 2023 sportline. It's great for normal driving but feels like a bouncy castle going over large speed bumps. I've come from an Octavia vRS where I thought the suspension was really great for day to day driving & didn't expect the sportline to be so bouncy. We have great roads over here in Switzerland though
- Winter Wheel Pictures & Recommendations
- Winter Wheel Pictures & Recommendations
-
Lane / Travel Assist
Thanks @komoornik, I've been for a drive today & found the right button I'd assumed that it was to switch between ACC & Speed Limiter because when is pressed it before it showed the message "ACC Active". On a second press it then shows "Travel assist active". Due to the last day of work traffic, I didn't want to venture into the highway but I'm pretty sure it will work exactly as you both describe Looking forward to driving with travel assist on my way back to work in January. Thanks all!
-
Winter Wheel Pictures & Recommendations
What's shown in the "results" will tell you whether there is a circumference difference with the tyres you are selecting & the offset won't interfere when turning. The tyres you selected are not standard OEM dimensions. They are as below for the 17": 215/55 R17 ET41 6.5j 215/55 R17 ET40 7J XL stands for Extra Load and I guess isn't really important. The base tyre rating in the Superb is 94H and the XL tyres seem only available on the higher speed rating. The offset differnce is only 4mm which is not much. I think the rule of thumb is less than 5% circumference difference is ok to keep the speedo within tolerance but in sure some others can confirm.
-
Lane / Travel Assist
This is the safest way to do it anyway (thumbsup)
-
Lane / Travel Assist
Great summary of both versions... It's also my 2nd Skoda after 10 years with the Octavia VRS which is still going strong after 220k km. Do you have the "lifetime" subscription to OBD11? I've been looking at something for coding mainly for the Octavia. I bought a Carista adapter for £13 from Amazon but was disappointed that even reading DTC codes is hidden behind the paywall although you can pay £10 a month for temporary access.
-
Lane / Travel Assist
Ah, great thanks, I'll check it out. I don't mind activating it manually on the highway of needs be for now but I guess it would be better if it automatically activated. I'll check out your thread
-
Lane / Travel Assist
Yes, I have the assist button on the wheel which brings up a menu on the virtual cockpit to enable, lane assist, adaptive cruise control (or speed limiter if I remember). But this button is available for all cars with ACC or the basic lane assist. From what I read there is an "Travel Assist Plus" feature which offers enhanced lane assist, traffic assist & "predictive" cruise control as an enhancement to standard ACC. I seem to have pACC & traffic assist but the Lane Assist isnt so strong at following the lane on the highway (although it works well when crossing a line or driving too close to a line).
-
Lane / Travel Assist
Is there an extra option in the driver assistance menus when you have Travel Assist Plus (pACC & extra good lane assist)? I'm sure I ordered it but I'm starting to doubt I have all of the features. I seem to have Traffic Assistant which comes with the package, auto stop, wait, drive off in heavy traffic but the lane assist seems to be quite passive on the highway keeping the car in the Center without assistance.
-
Superb SE L vs Sportline Plus
One thing to note is the sportline seats are one piece with integrated headrest. I guess the SE L has the removable headrest. My kids were very disappointed that the tablet holders which connect to the headrest supports they saw in the L&K we tested are not available in the sportline. Now they fight Over the single center console holder the entire journey... (facepalm)
-
Quick question - Brand new Superb SE L
Any also no medical kit or 1L top up oil... Its small things to you when you've paid 45k€ but I guess to VW it's millions per year in cost reductions