Skip to content

Gabbo

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gabbo

  1. Looks like the support pieces are separate, see the "you might also need" section
  2. Is it this? https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-parts/3V0805588.html
  3. Electrical connectors are always a pain to remove because the rubber seals create a nice vacuum and make them tough to move. What I like to do is to push the connector firmly into the sensor (the opposite to what you'd normally do), then squeeze the tab and then pull back. Pushing the connector onto the sensor removes any pressure on the locking mechanism making it easy to lift the tab & remove the lock before sliding off the sensor.
  4. A boost leak would more likely show at higher power than idle. You most likely wouldn't see smoke because it would be caught by the DPF but it would fill up pretty quickly. Could be a split hose in the intake before the turbo ? Or perhaps sticky/dirty turbo actuator ? MAF sensor dirty/faulty? If you have a OBD tool you could try to measure some real-time data when you pull away, boost pressure, engine speed, Mass AirFlow etc
  5. +1 for logiclees comment. Typically if it's the water pump, it will go towards the red line but then drop back to normal once per drive. I.e. it will only happen once when the engine is warming up and then will be fine until the next time the engine is cold. In the past VAG were offering 50%-60% towards the replacement cost as a goodwill payment. I'm not sure if they're still doing this now. I would also recommend replacing the timing belt at the same time as they have to take it off to replace the pump and it's expensive to do it alone later.
  6. The last poster is downloading the map updates via USB to the car. Nothing to do with Skoda servers as they already have the files downloaded to a usb C stick... Yes the files might be bigger than MIB1 but the hardware should also be more capable. My point was, It should take hours rather than days to install
  7. All modern vehicles have battery management systems which cycle the battery to keep it in good condition. As long as the voltage is above 12.5v it can be fine depending on the state of charge at the time.
  8. On the MIB1 it would take about 2hrs. 45minutes to 1 hour to download the update to the unit and then the same again to unpack it on the device.
  9. There traffic has been particularly bad on my commute the last month. A combination of end of season roadworks, accidents and random events. I always program a destination even if it's just "home" as previously the navigation was informing me of traffic congestion & routing me a different way. However recently, the navigation seems to have stopped this & always selects the shortest instead of quickest route. On Friday it informed me my ETA to home was 18h45 and told me to take the highway exit and take the A roads. As the traffic in front was moving ok I decided not to exit & a few seconds later it updated my route & with an ETA to home of 18h07 (almost 40 minute saving). I was surprised it didn't already offer this quicker route to me. In my Octavia with MIB1 I can choose fastest, eco, shortest route. I can't find any settings like this in the MIB3 ?
  10. Just download the new firmware? No need to erase the error code or do anything else special?
  11. My issue was in the Octavia but I guess the system in the superb is the same. Here's a post about how you can diagnose the speed sensors with a free diagnostic tool and some pictures of the repair. Note: it seems I was lucky and my issue was only with the sensor. Sometimes the issues comes from the trigger wheel which is built into the wheel bearing which can be a more expensive and difficult repair www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/533111-rear-wheel-speed-sensors-are-they-the-same/
  12. Without reading the fault codes is difficult to say but an ABS sensor fault will also give you the same warnings on the dash. The fact you have Tyre Pressure warnings (which use the abs sensors) would make me think this if more likely then a camshaft or crankshaft sensor fault which shouldn't affect the TPMS.
  13. I can't find the catch but only the complete storage box. Might give you some idea of the part numbers and where to look for the smaller parts though https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/3t0881577c9b9-compartment-under-the-seat-skoda-27744.html
  14. The rear wipers are just awful on the MY23 superb full stop. Changing the blade or replacing the arm with the previous part number make no difference. Don't waste your money unless it's for a Bosch blade for <£10. After a few months they will be dragging and squeeking
  15. It's the same as this one (but I paid much less from memory) https://amzn.eu/d/cNG1bwS It's a HSZ1 BS device for Hormann garage doors
  16. Looks something like this so its nice & discrete. The cover even closes over the top of it.
  17. For my garage controller I bought a cigarette socket button. It fits into the cigarette 12v socket but it's powered by it's own battery. It's obviously not as integrated as using a free button on the car but cost €10 and it's pretty inconspicuous and works well There's a simple learning process with the controller and then it's good to go
  18. This is not just a VW thing. The previous Volvo and Mercedes we had did this too. I can't see any useful customer function for this except it allows the manufacturers to steal a few grams of emissions on the cycle. It would be very easy to set 0 kph for at least 1s as a way to prevent stop start from activating (in conjunction with the driver brake pedal input).
  19. This issue sounds to me just that the suspension in the superb is like a bouncy castle. I have 3 large speed bumps on my street. In my Octavia vRS you can comfortable drive over them at 50kph and the suspension reacts immediately, no rebound or bouncing. In my superb sportline taking the same bumps at 30kph feels like you are going to take off, then bouncing on a trampoline and then feels like it bottoms out going down the back side before bouncing again... It's the only thing I'm disappointed with in the car & wish I'd bought the DCC option.
  20. Did you give it a night to clear on it's own? On my Octavia I get a dashboard warning "battery low change key battery". I swap the battery for a new one and I still have the same error on the dash & kessy doesn't work. I lock the car with the key and the next morning kessy is working again and the message is gone.
  21. Basically the same for me. Originally I kept saying cancel but until you accept you get the same popup every morning and evening you get it the car.
  22. My car is the last of the mk3s so less than 2 years old with 1+ year for the OTA updates so I assume it's the latest version... I'm the only person using the car so the profile doesn't change. Edit.... I checked and it is: Hardware H25 Software 0330 Nav DB 25.8 It's showing no updates available
  23. This is an image of the message:
  24. Infrequently, I get this popup on my infotainment display saying "Update Vehicle Settings" Apply/Cancel... I've not changed anything in the My Skoda app and not seen any SW updates. If I say cancel, I'll get the same request the next day and the next. Does anyone know what "settings" are being changed? Gabbo

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.