Everything posted by Gabbo
-
Brake peddle knock
I picked up my Nov 2023 car at the same time as Nick & mine has always done this clicking when you release the pedal. Now that I've read this thread, it's getting louder and louder in my head each time it happens... ðĪŠ
-
Digital dash question.
Don't think so. (Or I didn't find one) This is really a pain as I like to reset after every fill so I can track the tank to table economy with fuelly. I know I could just enter the milage and the app works out the distance since the last fill but I also like to know if I've passed the 1100km mark as a bit of a driving challenge...
-
View Skoda service history
It's a bit of a shame the full service history isn't immediately available from the MySkoda App as a PDF download you can print/send to potential buyers
-
Rear wiper blade for L & K estate
The old one fits fine. Clicked back into place directly. When I fitted the new that thought immediately jumped into my head but luckily it fits without problems. Gabbo
-
Rear wiper blade for L & K estate
The silence when it wipes the window was worth the wait.. I really can't see any reason why Skoda changed the design & also why is taken so long for the 3rd party manufacturers to design a small adapter to make it fit to the existing aftermarket blade
-
Variable Servicing - how is it shown?
There's a manual process you can use to reset the oil service internal. I'm not sure on the superb if it's similar but I triggered it by accident on my Octavia trying to reset the trip counter. Holding the trip button down whilst turning on the ignition or something like that, it was a few years ago. There can be a difference between the inspection date (which is always a fixed counter from 365 or 730 days) & oil service which changes based driving conditions, journey types, engine temperature etc However the fact that after 2 years you still have more then 1 year left on the inspection interval is strange. Had anyone used a diagnostic tool on your car or have you taken it to a garage or independent in that time? It's quite common that the garage will make "a mistake" and reprogram incorrectly the days to next service when you visit but as far as I know they don't have to type the number of days, they just choose "reset to fixed service interval (365 days)" or "reset to variable interval (720 days).
-
Rear wiper blade for L & K estate
My wiper blade final arrived this afternoon. All went fine & fitted with a small suprise. The new wiper arm actually has a 1-2cm large sweep than the original part, fitting is simple & the new arm is fully compatible with the Bosch A403H blade. Total price for the new arm & bosch blade was âŽ33 (24 + 8) not including the shipping so after 2 changes it is "cost neutral" to buying the new blade from Skoda directly. Here are some photos of the new & old wiper arm together. Top is the original arm from the car & bottom is the Skoda replacement. The original blade from the car has a higher quality finish (mottled effect instead of gloss plastic) but it doesnt really justify changing the design. One thing I noticed on the table was the placement of the "clipping" hole means that with the new arm the blade sticks out ~2cm more than the original. You can see this on the car once its fitted below..... I didnt clean the glass before hand as I thought it would help me make sure it was aligned but actually it shows clearly the difference in the sweep of the blade. Wash day is tomorrow I promise ð
-
Rear wiper blade for L & K estate
My parts are on the way today so I'm hoping to recieve before the weekend & I'll send some pictures of the differences in the parts
-
SKODA SUPERB MK3 2016 2.0L DIESEL OIL CONSUMPTION
My brand new 2023 Superb 2l TDi uses 1L of oil every 7000km. This has been consistent for the first 30k km. For me this is "too much" but according to VW it's within tolerance. I have the dealer "monitoring" the oil level to make sure it doesn't worsen. MIN on the dipstick to MAX is exactly 1L. For me, 1L every 1500 miles for me is clearly an issue. Even if the oil is being burnt, the residue in exhaust gas can clog the DPF ans cause it to crack when it burns during regeneration. (If it's a taxi the DPF is probably removed I guess ;) ) If it was my car I'd get a VW specialist to have a look. Last thing you need is the turbo going pop or to get stuck somewhere without oil if the consumption suddenly increases.
-
My skoda app
this was exactly where most of my suggestions for the Skoda app came from. I could close or open the windows and got an alert if it was raining, if I left the windows open or the doors unlocked and the vehicle unattended. With the MercedesApp I could also plan a route & send it to the navigation remotely so it was available as soon as I got in. You could configure some vehicle settings etc. It was quite good... If Skoda expect users to pay for the app connectivity, they can at least offer some simple continuous improvements so there is a reason to pay for it... As it stands, I'm not sure the remote feature is worth ÂĢ35. It's very slow today and offers very basic functions
-
My skoda app
You cannot close the windows remotely or the trunk so I'd assume you cannot close the panoramic roof either. I've made several suggestions in the app to give you warnings if you've left the windows open or the car unlocked for some hours but I never got any feedback from the developers..
-
Temperature Gauge - DPF Regen
This was a good deal & should give you another 100k worth of Worry free motoring. Great result. Assuming you had a 1 year warranty with the purchase?
-
data transfer notification
I found this feature useful on other vehicles (didn't try it on the Skoda yet). It means I could track the progress of my wife's car using the app if she was coming back from her travels/work etc or if she was out somewhere late at night. I guess it's also needed for the "find my car" parking option
-
Rear wiper blade for L & K estate
I was informed by SkodaParts on Friday that my missing item should arrive in stock next week so fingers crossed by the weekend I can give an update on the new arm
-
Rear wiper blade for L & K estate
I ordered the genuine part as my car is less than 1 year old. But I guess for this kind of component a cheap after market part would be enough. I will keep the original arm and hopefully when the aftermarket parts become available, I may switch back to the newer part. I guess Skoda will use it on other models so eventually Bosch etc will make any adapter for it. The could even support it easily with the A403H if they just provided a plastic adapter in the box like they do with other blades.
-
Rear wiper blade for L & K estate
I also cannot find any info or stock for the A405H blade either ð in Germany or Switzerland
-
Rear wiper blade for L & K estate
I've ordered it from Skoda-Parts but my order is delayed until next week because something else I ordered is not in stock & on back order. I will post an update hopefully next week when it arrives with some pictures. Gabbo
-
Showing MAF sensor fault
"allowed" is probably wrong more like "not checked for"... An air leak after the turbo would cause loss of power & smoke. You would have a sudden drop of boost pressure & less air means less fuel before the combustion because Smokey. Small leaks are often difficult to check for because at low/medium air flow there isn't the pressure to force the leak open & as pressure builds the gap will open.
-
Showing MAF sensor fault
+1 for this, I'd check for air leaks after the maf sensor to the inlet manifold. Intercooler perhaps?
-
Change Units in virtual dash
My car is only 12 months old and had the latest OTA update for the infotainment. Id be surprised if they took this away as it's quite important particularly for cars sold in the UK to be able to display kph Maybe try posting in the general VCDS forum to see if anyone knows if a setting to enable this option that you could change ?
-
Change Units in virtual dash
There's must be a way to do this even on different levels of infotainment unit. Does you virtual cluster display only mph or is there already kph overlayed on it?
-
Rear wiper blade for L & K estate
Here is some information regarding the different wiper arm attachments between the old & new part. The original part from my car is on top in the photo & the bottom is a Bosch A403H. The Skoda part sits flush to the arm without the end cap of the Bosch part but you can see from the photo they are not compatible. I tried to remove the locking cover/adapter to see if I could just swap this part to the Bosch blade & keep the old fitting but its not possible. The holes line-up but the spigots are much thinner on the Bosch part so it doesn't sit tight on the Bosch blade. (see adapter in the photo below) I'm still waiting for the new wiper arm to arrive, so it the meantime, I have "reversed" the original blade by cutting of the small tag in the middle of the adapter & refitting it in the other direction. The small tag in the middle of the photo below next to the text >POM< ensure the adapter is always fitted the same direction on the blade. After a couple of days the wiper has been silent (but its not rained here so its difficult to tell). This will do until the replacement part arrives hopefully next week.
-
Alarm triggered inside the car
Are you sure it's not just the warning that you have left the car with the ignition still on? It's quite easy to trigger this if Stop start causes the engine to stop when you get to your destination & just open the door?
-
Change Units in virtual dash
-
2016 Scout TDI P2452 code
I don't know this sensor so much from VW but typically it is a self learning sensor so shouldn't need any coding. The ECU reads the sensor when the ignition is first turned on. It takes this reading as 0bar delta pressure because there should be no difference in pressure when there is no air flow. Afterwards it measures the pressure difference before and after the DPF to determine how full it is.