Skip to content

Dean

Administrators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dean

  1. Make sure you bleed the reservoir too as there are two nipples. On VCDS it tells you in sequence on what you need to do. As you've found out, it will probably need to be done a few times.
  2. A guy called Joey owns this, I don't think he's had it for long, mind you, a year or two. I've seen it around, doesn't seem to be ragged about and posted about, or for it to be bouncing off the limiter. Best way to know is go view it and see how it is.
  3. All the best, and hope you get the money you're after.
  4. This will instantly sell on the FB groups. As for stripping it, you'll end up having a load left over. I've seen a few in the last couple of weeks being sent off the to scrap yard with half the car still intact.
  5. For the bit sitting on the door, it simply lifts up.
  6. The topic is merely a duplicate of the advert. I shall look into turning this off as I don't need it necessary.
  7. As above. It’s easy to just look. A wire can be broken and it look absolutely fine. The same goes for the connector blocks. You will need to do a continuity check, if you can’t do that the loom needs to come out and be physically checked. While it’s out you need to check the window regulator for corrosion too.
  8. Might be worth adding a small guide or state any issues you’ve had along the way. Might help someone else who is looking to do it.
  9. You’ll want a usb charger that can output 5A or have a dual one that can do 2.4A each. Make sure you phone supports quick charge 3. There’s quite a few one Amazon. Anything from Anker or Aukey is great!
  10. Dean replied to sheb's topic in Octavia Projects
    Excellent thread Sheb. Nice to see another sticking to original parts and refreshing the VRS.
  11. I'm glad the community has been help, and we hope to see you again soon. All the best!
  12. All these deletes can be done and then mapped out be a decent ecu remapper. You can use resistors and plenty of people, but I think doing it properly will eliminate any future issues. A couple of topics down we talked about the deletes, so be sure to check it out. I think it was in nutters post. Here’s the post; For the valve just replace that with a genuine one from TPS/Skoda. They’re around £50.
  13. Hello and welcome to the club!
  14. You can see the movement in there. And if they're not genuine and after market, I found that they don't last as long. No harm in changing them again for genuine Skoda one or very high quality after market part as they're not that expensive.
  15. I dropped mine and it went deep into the corner where I couldn't get it. I ended up having to go to a breakers and find an Octavia and took all the spare screws.
  16. I’ve only ever used Quantum LongLife III 5W-30 from TPS. They sell 5L for £19, and when on offer for £13. Both used in my VRS and the diesel. I do an oil change every 10k or 1 year which ever comes first.
  17. For the underlay? If so, then no. I never bothered as I’d probably remove it again at some point.
  18. Nicely done, and brave haha.
  19. I must have a mental block about the elegance model. 😂
  20. No all the same. Golf, Bora, other Octavia’s in Hatchback and Estates all fit. Personally, the charcoal carpet from the L&K looks the best. Has a nice contrast with the plastics. From my Black VRS:
  21. Moved to MK2 area.
  22. Pretty much the same colour out of my Red one and they were even that dirty! Years and years of grime! 🤢
  23. That’s been through a lot of hands now and it’s got a new engine in it as the last screwed it and still tried to sell it for stupid money. A1, I’ll tidy up the thread for you in a bit, sorry.
  24. Welcome any time good sir! 🥸

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.