Everything posted by Warrior193
-
2012 Fabia II 1.2TDi limited to 3,000RPM in neutral
Apart from the one that goes 'I wonder what will happen if I press that big red button' 😄
-
2012 Fabia II 1.2TDi limited to 3,000RPM in neutral
Don't feel that way - there are no foolish questions.
-
Front assist sensor unavailable.
If I recall correctly, indirect TPMS will not trigger a warning until at least 0.5 bar drop, That may be why it didn't flag. I think re-inflation of the tyre seemingly fixing the front assist may be coincidental, if the TPMS warning hadn't triggered.
-
2012 Fabia II 1.2TDi limited to 3,000RPM in neutral
Hello Daniel, welcome to the forum. That is normal for the rev limiter to operate in neutral.
-
Power loss
Hello Maen, hopefully someone with knowledge of this engine will be along to help, but I'd be taking a close look at turbo and DPF. Does it do regular DPF regens?
-
Manual/Electric Handbrakes
That sounds like 'routine maintenance' is a bad word (or two) over there - does that term not exist in French? 😬
-
Power loss
Engine code is first 3 or 4 letters at beginning of your engine number - if UK, this code is shown on your registration document.
-
Manual/Electric Handbrakes
You forgot - No good deed ever goes unpunished 😬
-
Power loss
Hello Maen, welcome to the forum. To allow forum members to help you, you need to supply details of - engine capacity / code, and fuel type. Initially, I'd suspect the turbo - has the boost pressure been checked?
-
Unlocking only the driver's door
Hello @blackedition welcome to the forum. Not sure about the Mk2 - but in the Mk3 there is a tick box option in the MIB infotainment menu (IIRC - 'convenience opening') for selecting 'ALL' or drivers door only to unlock, check if the 'ALL doors' option is ticked.
-
Car Photography Thread
I particularly liked the crossed-up Escort.
-
MY17 Superb Retrofitted with Direct TPMS
@dmus9230 how have you powered the new TPMS system? - the OP says that you need a permanent 12 volt supply - it sounds as if yours is switching off with the ignition.
-
Huge jump in premium!
^^^^^ as per @kodiaqsportline, I also continued with existing insurer - although my premium increase was £100 - my usual online comparison site could only offer a lowest price that was considerably worse!😒
-
MIB unit
Hello CJ, welcome to the forum. If your system is original, you will have the MIB1 - I believe the MIB2 came out around MY16 (late 2015)
-
Expansion bottle replacement
Hello Somniax, welcome to the fold. It is possible that your tank is one without the silicate additive fitted - AFAIK, VAG stopped fitting these at some point, hopefully some one will be along to confirm when the change was made. I believe that there are three versions of expansion tank - 1; The original type with a silicate 'tea bag' fitted - it seems that this is the one guilty of most issues with coolant discolouring and blockages: 2; Updated version incorporating a plastic 'tube' in the tank - AFAIK, this type was OK as it is unlikely to split: 3; No silicate dispenser included: The silicate granules are intended to extend the service life by leaching slowly out into the coolant - and AFAIK, would be OK left in place - provided they stayed where it was intended.
-
Octavia 3 coilover help
Hello Andrew, welcome to the forum. Only able to answer 1 of your questions - the VRS does have the independent rear suspension.
-
Brake replacement, how hard can it be?
@J.R. That technique sounds a little like the old procedure for competition pads (DS11) - gentle braking until the pads bedded-in - then hard braking to form a conditioned surface. Following that process, to maintain the anti-fade surface that had been formed, it was necessary to avoid gentle braking which would wear away the anti-fade surface.
-
Brake replacement, how hard can it be?
I had not seen your previous postings regarding noise and pulsing under braking - It remains a concern that the rear discs, which would normally provide very little braking effort except under ESP conditions, have warped - have underlying causes for this been checked?
-
Octavia Estate, Which Engine??
I can't give an opinion on the 1.5 - but I love my 1.4TSI - good, low-down torque, smooth as silk and very good economy. The early 1.5 / DSG combo was reported as having the 'kangaroo' issue.
-
Brake replacement, how hard can it be?
The burning question is - did those rear discs and pads really need replacing? No information of miles covered - but a three year old vehicle (1st MOT?) - I'm finding that a little difficult to swallow. Given the vehicle had passed a pre-test and had a service, I'd be asking for a second opinion.
-
Faulty/Dead Remote Keyfob - Skoda Fabia MKIII 2017
Hello Wilson, the easiest (and by far the cheapest) way is to transfer the immobiliser chip from your old key to the replacement - if you do a search on here you should be able to find how its done.
-
Stuck/ corroded Valve Caps
I prefer the aftermarket, metal valve caps as they usually have an internal O-ring seal fitted - but you need to watch out for them seizing onto the stems.
-
Dog guard fixtures - removal - help!
In that case, it is possible that the fitting socket (If the fittings are threaded into the bodywork) may be the reverse to the external screw/bolt attachments for the dog guard - so, LH thread on near side, may be RH thread - I hope that's not getting too confusing. This might have been done to prevent them from unscrewing when the dog guard is attached / removed. Another thought occurs - the possibility that the fittings are clench nuts - but that would make them non-removeable unless they are destroyed.
-
1.4 PHEV - 100 mile first oil change?
Hello Heppie, I'd guess that is a error that should have been corrected in the PDI.
-
Dog guard fixtures - removal - help!
Hello Weti, welcome to the forum. Try threading-in a longish hex bolt with a locking-nut threaded on it - once the bolt is threaded in, run the nut down onto the insert fitting, then use the bolt to unscrew the fastener. NB, the fastener itself might be left-hand threaded, in which case - lefty-tighty, righty-loosey.