Everything posted by Warrior193
-
RAPID SPACEBACK 1.2 2014 MFD
Try pressing the RH side of the ODO rocker switch to confirm reset.
-
Diesel / oil leak in engine bay - safe to drive ?
Was the fuel spray coming from the leak-off pipe - or from a faulty injector?
-
Motecarlo, 1.2TSI 105hp 2014 Timing chain tensioner failed
What year is vehicle? Is it 3 or 4 cylinder? You can find engine type on your V5 document as the first 3 or 4 characters of the engine number and should also be listed on the B pillar label.
-
RAPID SPACEBACK 1.2 2014 MFD
If your reset procedure is the same, I've found it can be a bit 'fiddly' and can take a few repetitions to get right - there are two separate schedules - oil and inspection, toggling between them to reset the desired service schedule reminder.
-
Motecarlo, 1.2TSI 105hp 2014 Timing chain tensioner failed
Have you posted this in the correct section? What engine (type) do you have? If your engine is a post 2011 1.2TSI, EA211, your engine has a timing belt - not chain.
-
Motecarlo, 1.2TSI 105hp 2014 Timing chain tensioner failed
Hello, welcome to the forum. Definitely recommend you do not drive vehicle any further until cause found and fixed. You may have been very lucky in not damaging the valves or pistons. Not sure if the 1.2TSI is an interference engine, but it quite possibly is.
-
Fabia Fault Codes (Just purchased car)
What warranty came with the vehicle? Definitely reasonable to expect a fix if there is a warranty. It would be reasonable for the dealer to expect direct access to your vehicle to effect a fix.
-
RAPID SPACEBACK 1.2 2014 MFD
Try a google search for the reset procedure for your particular vehicle - it may possibly be the same as MkIII Octavia and Fabia - Press and hold Odo reset switch, then turning on ignition, etc.
-
Citigo starts but dies
They had the car for 11 weeks! I'd strongly suggest taking it to an independent VAG workshop - check that they have access to ODIS.
- Towball Height
-
Citigo starts but dies
Difficult to see how your main dealer could not diagnose for possible immobiliser issue - they will have ODIS, which, from my understanding, will have access to it. I guess it's another case of 'all the gear, but no clue'!
-
12V Plug with Invertor in Kodiaq IV
Given the potential fire risk when charging Lithium batteries, do you think this is a good idea?
-
Citigo starts but dies
I believe I have seen references to immobiliser deletes on the forum, this might be worth a try if VCDS or ODIS are unable to communicate with it - although I do think that very odd and that there must be some way of interrogating the immobiliser!
-
Citigo starts but dies
Has the main stealer scanned your car for DTCs - if so what are they? I don't know how the immobiliser operation is tested, but I imagine it would require looking at live data with a scan device via the OBD port.
-
Citigo starts but dies
Hello, welcome to the forum. Engine starting, then stopping within a short time sounds like an engine immobiliser issue to me - possibly reinforced by the 'Safe' being displayed on the instrument cluster. Has immobiliser been checked?
- GPS Spoof problems
-
Pioneer Head unit
Added note for radio antenna.
-
Weird
^^^ Certainly recommend having the battery properly load tested.
-
Service reminder - reset doesn't work? Fabia Mk2 1.2 Petrol TSI
Don't forget you need to toggle between the 'Inspection' and the 'Oil Service' resets if you want to reset both.
-
Check oil level warning - level seems fine
I'd disagree, the oil level should never be allowed to be significantly above the Max. line on the dipstick.
-
Burned electronics smell from engine compartment
In my experience, burned electronics have a distinctive and very different smell to oil.
-
Check oil level warning - level seems fine
Most likely just a slightly over sensitive oil level sensor. At least these two examples tend to suggest that they're erring on the safe side - but I maintain there's no substitute for regular physical checks of all fluid levels.
-
Service reminder - reset doesn't work? Fabia Mk2 1.2 Petrol TSI
The service/oil service reset can be a little 'fiddly' on the Mk3, so could be similar on Mk2 - I've found both our Fabia and Octavia to take several attempts to reset the reminders - I think it's a just knack of getting the odo switch press timing sequence exactly right.
-
Low remote battery at 2.97 V ?
What I want to know is where you're getting a pint for the cost of a couple of 2032s! 🤣
-
Skoda Superb 3.6 v6 timing chain etc.
Try VAS Technical, Ashtead, Surrey. 198 Burntwood Lane, KT21 2DB. Phone 01372 940576. I used to use them for servicing both our cars when they were based in Surbiton, but have only used once or twice after they moved to Ashtead - I found another good garage much nearer to me a couple of years ago.