Skip to content

Danoid

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Danoid

  1. If the oil filter is low down and have to remove the plastics, then you might as well just undo the sump plug and buy a new one to be honest
  2. Quite possibly, but jury’s still out as it doesn’t hold the gear as long. Mines a 2016 6speed DSG if that has any bearing
  3. I done mine with the accelerator pedal down for 20 seconds and ignition only on. I was thinking what’s the worst that can happen and not bad happened and I’m sure it doesn’t hold the gears for as long. probably all in my mind though
  4. I done the “DSG reset” the other day and I’m sure I noticed a difference, so I guess when it has a service they reset something software wise. That reminds me I’ve not long gone over 40k and need to book in the service shortly
  5. Sounds possessed to me. I’d find somewhere near where you had the work done and see if you can replicate it near, then get a mechanic in the car with you, just make sure you can hear the noise on the same part of the road. Might be worth getting someone you know to see if it makes that sound outside
  6. Used it for the first time in 2 weeks, Gout in the big toe is bloody horrible, still can’t walk properly 😞
  7. I would have thought you’d need something like VCDS to purge the ABS. Is that not the case or just something not necessary?
  8. The extended scope is just more checks have a look here https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/servicing-maintenance-fixed-price scroll down a bit and you’ll see “oil and inspection service” then scroll right and you’ll see extended scope then click full details The extended scope is normally on top of your annual service
  9. There use to be a handy PDF but can’t see this years one cambelt & waterpump is the big one
  10. It’s a choice you’ll have to decide yourself. I personally went for diesel purely because when I do a long trip in my car it’s a long one, mostly it’s short journeys but never ever had the dpf light come on, had a few regens though, if I notice I’ll go a little further until it stops (back fired EU eh?) I much preferred the grunt the diesel produces and felt the petrol seemed a bit tinnie if that makes sense. If I were you, I’d focus on what options and colour you want then see what’s available in your budget, I honestly can’t see you going wrong with either to be honest. Might be worth checking the VED aswell as I’m sure petrols are or can be a lot higher
  11. I’m pretty sure I’ve read on here a lot of those errors will disappear. Also read about doing a full lock left and full lock right to clear errors, pretty sure that was in relation to new battery installed
  12. What xenon bulbs do you have?
  13. I took brembo discs along with me for my local Skoda dealer to fit along with genuine pads. They’ll just say it’s a wear and tear item so not worth the hassle imo
  14. Ah I read small print as well so cheaper for you as it’s near expiration. To answer your question the all in package is one up from listed component and DSG is listed there. It says it’ll repair or replace, so DSG should be fine, however I’d do the quiet service at 40k miles for DSG then I can’t see how they could argue
  15. £188 is a bargain, I just done a quote for mine 2016 40k miles with £250 excess and comes out as £481 I suppose yours is cheaper as it’s still under manufacturers warranty isn’t it?
  16. Could have been me They’re still looking great
  17. There is no coating on the OE ones and will look worse soon enough. As your car is new I’d paint them. When my rears got replaced I went for Brembo disks as they’re coated and look nice For painting I’d say use hammerite smooth silver or black and do a good few coats, probably be easier with brush on rather than aerosol
  18. That’s why they’re so expensive it’s magic
  19. It’s been fine since the plus gas to be honest. As lubricating it sorted it if it does it again I’ll get the Wurth product
  20. I wouldn’t fancy spending that much to only have to butcher it for a Skoda logo, be better to buy the OE one of they ever did. Not something I’m desperate for but would be nice
  21. Exactly that https://youtu.be/3aqkxNqiugU https://youtu.be/RzMVGMKlnyg
  22. Does anyone know if Skoda will ever do a dynamic wheel cap like VW and Audi? My wheel caps are pretty minging and would go nicely on a superb, expensive though
  23. Finally used the boot things after 5 years
  24. Found it today, never noticed it before

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.