Everything posted by Danoid
-
Cruise, a dodgy left sidelight and more
I suspect that is from a from a crash and I’m guessing non declared, is the car cat n at all? I suppose rodents are a possibility with an awful repair job. Personally I’d still take it back but after finding those dodgy repairs as long as you’re prepared to get everything repaired correctly and expect to find more things to fix then it’s still fixable. Only you know which way you want to go, I just hope you didn’t pay too much for this car as “you’ve been had”
-
Cruise, a dodgy left sidelight and more
Sounds like a lemon car, unless you got it dirt cheap, if not then I’d ask for a full refund and go elsewhere, sorry. Having said that you really need to get it scanned and see what the errors are, that many issues makes me think if it’s had a front end crash and maybe didn’t connect things back properly. You should be able to look at the light cluster which isn’t working and see if everything is connected, as I believe the eyelash lights have their own connector (might be lying though) It could also be the battery went completely flat and need codes clearing as I’m sure someone on here had loads of issues after changing the battery but they did clear eventually. Hopefully it’s something simple as new battery + battery coding changed, but having been stung in the past before I’ll only ever get from proper dealerships now. Reading your original post and this one has made me feel sick, so I hope you get to the bottom of it or full refund, but I suppose if you’ve bought the car expecting issues that’s okay, if not I’d get a refund
-
From Swing To Columbus
Oh yes, sorry I can see now I'm on desktop. Can you take a photo of your radio? Edit: Ignore me, I thought they all had satnav as standard. You won’t be the first to ask so I’m sure someone will know what to do
-
From Swing To Columbus
Hmm sounds like you don’t have a mk3, what year is your car?
-
Superb MK3 Headlight Distance
I’ll admit I don’t know how the height is tested at MOT’s, but I’m going to assume there’s a perfect height say 0, then too low -10, too high +10. I wonder if we all want it to be +5? I feel like I want to height to be at the very top end but obviously still within MOT limits. Only problem with that though is you’ll need to have brand new tyres on first. When I can I’ll get new osram night breaker lasers first then see what’s what
-
Best (in place) battery charger?
I’m looking at the CTEK mxs5, it comes with the M6 eyelets as standard, is that the size used on the superb bolts or is the M8 required?
- SEL-Exec Combi tdi 4x4 … not happy with 19” wheels!!!
- SEL-Exec Combi tdi 4x4 … not happy with 19” wheels!!!
-
Limp Home mode
Not conclusive it seems but someone had a dodgy alternator and changed that. I guess you’ll be able to know if that’s the case as Halfords do/did free battery & alternator tests, worth a shot. If not, take it back to Skoda and tell them to fix it
-
Trip to france
Remember you now need to display a UK sticker rather than GB
-
Limp Home mode
Like J Caff said, you need to find what fault code is being logged but the fact Skoda went down to looking at fuelling issues I’d say the code will be something along those lines but very hard to say. previous experience about limp mode was down to sticking turbo vanes on my old Passat
-
Blind Spot
I wonder if the wing mirrors got smashed off and they replaced with those or a project which never happened
-
Skoda Superb Estate - Advice Required
I’ve got the diseasel and although I only do around 3k a year it’s worked an absolute treat as expected. I’m not sure what the Adblu issue you’re referring to but I’ve topped up twice in my ownership as you get around 8k per tank and costs about £10 to do so. If you do short journeys your car will do a dpf regen quite a lot, so a petrol would be better
-
Passat headrests on a Superb?
As I want genuine that’ll be where I’ll get them from after seeing the cost of them. I just need to somehow work out which models have them and whether Audi has them also so when looking at breakers I have a wider search
-
leak from rear wiper
If the boot wasn’t left open then it could leak from the rear lights I’ve read before but not sure on the fix. Simple fix though, make sure the boot is closed
-
Passat headrests on a Superb?
Oh that’s the one, I’ll get google translate and have a butchers 😄 I’m in Hampshire
-
Passat headrests on a Superb?
Does anyone know if the Passat headrests will fit on a superb? I really like the forward adjustable ones but not available as far as I can see on Superbs. I went to a local vw dealer and measured the metal prongs and they seem the same distance apart but thought I’d ask on here as someone has bound to of swapped them
-
Tyre pressures MK Superb
I looked at mine the other day and thought 40psi sounds a lot so just kept with my default 35psi all round
-
Installing Speed Cameras on The Amundsen MIB2 - Free Database and Quite Simple to Do!
Last I heard because we left the EU if you’re caught speeding they can’t request our details to forward on the fine now, result. Won’t help if you’re pulled over though
-
Superb MK3 Headlight Distance
From what I’ve read on here in the past, you only need to adjust the screws ever so slightly to get the correct distance. You’d use the software if it was way out. This is what I’ll be doing at some point, buying new osram d3s laser bulbs. If it still seems like it’s a little low, get a thin marker pen and on the screw draw a straight line making sure to draw a line onto the plastics as well. That way when you adjust the screw you have a reference point to turn it back to if not happy and want it to go back where it started, as you just have to get the lines straight again
-
bosch A403H rear wiper blade?
I finally bought this today, got it from motor parts direct as they had it in stock and collected same day for £10.92. I tested it by using my woot woot and silent, I then turned auto rear wipe on as I had to stop yesterday to turn it off as I got so annoyed at the sound
-
Poor tyre wear?
Mine is still on the originals from factory in 2016 with coming up to 37K miles. Pirelli P7’s do seem to last a while it seems, but the outside is perishing a bit from lack of use in my ownership
-
What is this?
Nothing on there. I’ve got a massive moment of deja vu over this, as I’m sure someone else posted a picture of something similar a year or so ago but can’t find it. It may not have a stamp on it because it goes into something else so won’t have its own part number. Only thing I can think of is the retractable parcel shelf but that’s all the way in one of my lofts
-
What is this?
Pumped all my tyres up and thought it’s best to pump up the spare as I don’t think I’ve done it before (full size but limited to 50mph, pfft) Upon removing the wheel I found this underneath loose. Any ideas?
-
Columbus Map Update 2022 (MIB1/2 HIGH)
That’s exactly how I done mine, twice now and works a treat