Everything posted by Routemaster1461
- Lane Keep Assist - how do you use yours?
-
Phone contacts lost
Don't think that is the issue. I tried google maps, and some new screens came up, but it did connect. Took the phone to the other non-VAG car and it doesn't work at all. I'm not even sure it is paired. If I press the phone icon, all I get is google maps/android auto. The phone updated the other day, I'm beginning to wonder whether the Skoda update was coincidental. For info, the contacts and recents are still on the phone.
-
Phone contacts lost
Not yet. I have the phone paired in another car and I haven't checked whether that is ok, to rule out a phone issue. Unpairin and repairing is my next move, but I can't easily find out how to delete the phone in the menus. I'm just going to trawl through the handbook (yes, I have a paper one) to see how to delete.
-
Phone contacts lost
Apologies if this is in the wrong section. It concerns my Karoq and a Columbus infotainment unit, but it is probably relevant to anyone with a Columbus system, or perhaps to other systems as well. My 2021 Karoq Edition has lost its phone contacts. This is following, and possibly a result of a software update. The phone is still paired and will send calls via the screen dialling function and recieves calls. If I try to use contacts or call history, these are empty with a message to say 'click to reimport' or similar. This does nothing at all. There doesn't seem to be an issue with my phone, switch off and on made no difference. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and what the solution might be.
-
Clarity on what the infotainment updates do?
Had another update. The long term fuel consumtion has reset to zero, may or may not be down to the update. All phone contact data gone, but phone still appears to be paired. It asked me if I wanted to reimport the contacts, but then refused to do so. I had just started driving home after a long day and it was pouring with rain so I couldn't stop to try it stationary, but I will do so today. Other than that I haven't noticed anything.
- Lane Keep Assist - how do you use yours?
-
new messages "2 cylinder mode" and "eco"
The little ECO on the dash lights when the car goes into 2 cylinder mode. On mine you can hear a change in exhaust note when you run on very light throttle. My Karoq has 4 driving modes, normal, eco, sport and custom (or similar). The car starts in normal mode, and I often switch to sport, which, as I have a manual box, seems to make best part of no difference apart from slighty stiffening the steering. I have never tried eco so I don't know what it does, but it may limit the use of aircon. If you try custom, it brings up a menu where you can set individual parameters to how you like them. It may be possible to look at this menu to get an idea of what is sporty, normal and eco.
-
change quiet horn
It used to be recommeded that you could sound your horn to give warning when approaching a blind bend or blind hump-backed bridge (daylight hours only). For this to be effective the horn needs to be loud enough for approaching drivers to be able to hear the horn over the noise of their engine and potentially loud music.
-
Clarity on what the infotainment updates do?
I'm not sure whether my Karoq had an update a few months ago, but some of my fuel/mileage data changed, and the ambient lighting changed from its normal red to, iirc, default white.
-
2023 build dates
There is already a huge thread covering this.
-
Travel Assist Functionality Question
I'm not sure that the info about Travel Assist is very different from the Adaptive Cruise on my Karoq. The car generally knows the correct speed limit. If you set my car to a 50mph cruise on a 60mph road the car will happily go along at 50mph. When I reach a 30 limit the car will brake, often quite uncomfortably to 30mph before the sign, often starting to brake before the signs become visible. When it then goes to 20 the car slows to 20, then as the limit increases the speed invreases. Infortunately at the start of the next 60 limit stretch it will speed up to 60 mph, not the 50 mpg that I had previously set. It will also give warnings of approaching bends and slow, uncomfortably and rather late, to the speed it warns about. Note the caveat that as my car is manual there has to be intervention to change gear, a DSG car will change gear. From what I've experienced the car can pick up its limit info from two sources, the signs and the internal maps. It seems to be OK most of the time. There is one peice of road that does confuse it. I use one stretch of 70mph dual carriageway with a 70 limiy. There is a slip road and right at the start of the slip road there are 40 limit signs. Despite me wanting to carry on down the 70 road the car, in its wisdom decides that I need to slow to 40 and slams the brakes on, which I consider somewhat dangerous.
-
First long trip in my Kamiq
When discussing the mpg on a run like the op posted, I would like to point out something, MPG seems to be vey depebdant on temperature. I regularly drive to SW London, about a 100 mile trip. When temperatures are above 5 degeers my Karoq will achieve best part of 50 mph, ususlly better going than returning. On Sunday (the day that Heathrow had the issues with cold and deicing) I only managed 44mpg. My other (non VW group) petrol car invariably gives me a computer reading of at least 50mpg, this week is struggling to do more than 45mpg.
-
First experience with Skoda, not impressed.
As you are coming from Peugeot, you may be aware that the Adblue system on PSA cars have given rise to many expensive issues. On those, an Adblue warning that does not go away when the tank is full is either down to an exhaust sensor (~£4-500) or a failed pump (£1000+). It also means that after ~1500 miles the car won't start. I don't know whether there are similar issues with VW group sensors and/or pumps, but if the new sensor doesn't fix it, you need to have at least a good discussion with the agent. Interestingly, I don't remember seeing many Adblue questions on Skoda forums. The problems that I had with my PSA diesel car, and the attitude of many councils towards diesel were the main reasons why my Karoq is petrol (apart from that diesel was not avaiable). I was lucky to get 54 mpg out of our PSA car, and I get low 50s out of our Karoq. On a quick calculation base on my local filling station, if I get 50mpg from petrol I need to get 59mpg from diesel to be the same fuel cost per mile. I was happy with the way my diesel car ran most of the time, but I'm wondering, if they can't sort out your issue, whether a petrol one may be better.
-
Kodiaq front bumper
Headlight washers. Try using the windscreen washer when the headlights are on.
-
Rear wiper blade 2022 VRS?
You don't need toworry about it for an MOT. Only front wipers are tested.It is not a case of 'if it is fitted it must work properly'.
-
Tyre size change
The 50 in a 215/50 size indicates that the sidewall height is 50% of the 215 width, therefore 107.5 mm. Similarly for a 235/50 tyre the sidewall is 50% of 235mm = 117.5mm, so the tyre will have a rolling diameter not far off an extra inch.
-
paddle shift
But increases wear on engine and gearbox. Brakes are cheaper to fix.
-
Karoq, Rear Wiper blades
Looks like the dealer fitted a non-standard blade as mine is the original and 13" long.
-
Kodiaq roof lining colour
Would having a sunroof and a dark sunroof be enough? Are the Sportline or vRS available with dark rooflining and sunroof? I ask this because, when our local bus company bought some new buses 3 or 4 years ago, the deliberately bought vehicles with paler flooring and a fixed glass sunroof to reduce stress for autistic children,
-
Kamiq Monte Carlo Cornering Light
The lamps do not move. The foglight on the inner side of the bend comes on to supply extra light. This may either be when the indicator is applied or when the wheel is turned. It only occurs as below 40kph.
-
Karoq Fuel Consumption
I don't know where this measure is used, but it has always been one of three choices for most, if not all, my recent cars. Must use it somewhere!
-
PR number & brake pad disc fitting cost
I wouldn't be surprised if new front discs are required. Modern pads wear disc much more rapidly than older asbestos-containing pads. I can't remember having only pads on any of my cars in at least the last decade. To be sure, measure the thickness of the pad and check with recommended minimum.
-
Noise from Offside Front Wheel
If it was a stone, braking when reversing will often dislodge them.
-
Heated Steering Wheel
Does this link the wheel to the driver's seat or both seats? If both, how is the setting separate for each?
-
Help with 2022 kamiq 1.0 SE
I switched it off permanenty in our Karoq, not because I had any issue with its action, but because in my car I was continually being nagged by a synthesised voice to keep in the middle of the lane on single carriageway bendy roads. Easy to avoid on wider A roads, but a real pain on some of the narrower roads our way.