Everything posted by travs
-
Fault codes
Was it bad weather? Mine stops working when it’s raining hard or there is a lot of road spray
-
Fault codes
Do any of the items not work or do you have a light on the dashboard? I do have error codes when I scan for VCDS; most of them say they have since been tested and cleared since the code - in other words, something happens outside of tolerance briefly but it goes back to behaving again. The code is logged but the problem isn't permanent. I'd say if you don't have any errors, these all say intermittent; so on that basis. Nothing to worry about. If there is a light on the dashboard, then these do seem related parts and it may be something to look into further.
-
What software version am I running
Apple website says this: "Make sure that Siri is on. If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted." Not sure why Siri is needed; the restriction is under: Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If Content & Privacy Restrictions is turned on, tap Allowed Apps and make sure CarPlay is enabled. You've probably seen this and tried it but thought its less obvious so worth suggesting. There is a rumour about Software 0332 around but its not on mibsolution so no access to it. Hopefully VAG are aware and looking into it.
-
MIB SW update
I looked the other day - if it is, its new. Has a modified date of just after midnight so looks like its new.
-
Update my car from 0156 to 0306
Rest of the World - I’d overlooked that. I agree it’s not there. And have looked on mibhelper.com too which doesn’t have it listed either. In which case, I’m not sure what other sources there are.
-
Dogbone
In for a penny…I’ll let you know how it goes with both. Ordered.
-
Update my car from 0156 to 0306
Missed this - so you’re downloading the maps onto a USB but they’re not uploading to the car? It’s a lot of data so people do reports a few hours-worth of driving around for the maps to update. How long have you given it?
-
Update my car from 0156 to 0306
See my post on 12th December - has a link to it and some basic instructions to find it in the folder tree. Let us know if you have any problems.
-
Dogbone
The Racingline instructions and a Youtube how-to video on the 034 equivalent both have the dogbone itself removed so that the upper part can be fitted. Two bolts at the front, slide the dogbone out, insert the upper mount, slide the dogbone back in (effectively through the hole in the upper mount), then fit the lower mount. @JR RS did you fit the lower one only?
-
Drive Modes - Reset on each new start?
Hybrid. That can be annoying to find parts potentially. Yeah that sounds odd. Guessing its a "worse things happen at sea" moment but at the same time, I can't see that being by design. Do you know what software version you have? (admittedly its a stab in the dark whether this would be relevant but worth checking)
-
Drive Modes - Reset on each new start?
Early models retained the mode, later models reverted. I thought it was a facelift thing in 2020/21 but given george_d's mentioning 2019 then it must have been earlier than that. Either way, you're saying the car tells you its in a specific mode, but it isn't?
-
Dogbone
Great, was hoping it was a revision thing and not a FWD/AWD thing; yours is FWD so looks to be a revision thing and mine will be v2 on that basis. Good to know it has the desired effect too; Cheers all round!
-
Dogbone
- Dogbone
Seeing as I clearly have a thing for RacingLine at the mo, I’m looking at their dogbone mount. Had an APR one on my old S4 and def felt the difference. Question is, they quote two different parts depending on which is the standard part-fitted. Is there a way I can find out or is it a case of crawling under the car to have a look? https://www.racingline.com/_files/ugd/653f35_0fd77278a5904125bac16e39bc53dd36.pdf- iV model stage 1 tune
I bought a Forge intake hose for my 280 Gen4 and the design wasn't quite perfect - it doesn't sit on the turbo intake pipe quite straight so not overly impressed with it. As high as Forge's reputation is, personally I think Racing Line will just have better experience of the engine and would consider if they have an option there too.- What have you done to your Superb III today?
Had wondered recently - good to know still going strong and fingers crossed for the house purchase. @JR RS is going to give you a run for your money on the modification front- Sat Nav - Gone
Also just spotted this topic update from a week or so ago: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/497438-has-my-infotainment-broken-or-just-been-reset/#findComment-5909929 Have a look at the last reply- Sat Nav - Gone
Do you know what Software version you have? Worth trying to download and update through the SD card otherwise? I think you can get some updates wirelessly but I think all the Software updates are physically done...- Tyre check indicator
Might (or might not) be the first of a series of gremlins on the horizon. 8 years is a good innings though.- Boot button on key fob and centre console
Are you holding it down for a couple of seconds?- Full Matrix Led headlights on motorway
We're all Skoda brothers and sisters. Worse things in life than this sort of thing - let's try and focus on getting the lights sorted chaps 👍- Full Matrix Led headlights on motorway
I would go through Central electrics, long coding, then as you flick through every pair of numbers you might stumble across it. I'll have a look when I get a mo too to see if I can find anything- Full Matrix Led headlights on motorway
I wonder if its something that can be changed using VCDS; it tends to be in the long-coding there are all sorts of options you tell the car and the software reacts. For example, I disabled my heated steering wheel as there were 4 options to tick, I must have changed it not knowing there was an implication to it (it didn't seem obvious at the time) but from that point the heated steering wheel button never worked (as if it had been disconnected). Dealer tech said he'd looked at everything and fund the system was effectively registering the wheel as hot already and not having it on. Long story short, I wonder if the car isn't turning off the headlight as it has an incorrect setting. Do you have VCDS or know someone who does?- Superb III 2.0TSI strongest version engines
Just re-reading this. I think DNUA is still Gen3. Edit - just found this nugget from @newbie69 in 2019 when the DNUA was around - new engine code signified the addition of the GPFs rather than move to the next genaration of it. Whenever I was searching for anything on websites, they would only ever come up with 272bhp; all referring to IHI IS38 turbo rather than the Continental one on the DNFE. The only way I could be sure to search for some stuff for DNFE to make sure it was the Gen4 was to search for VW Golf Mk8 and get the DNFC and at least the parts would be the same. This also supports Racingline's remap stated figures which is that their OEM+ quotes 400bhp for all Gen4 engine irrespective of standard output (280/300/310/320). If only the map is different, that's the bit they overwrite with their map.- Superb III 2.0TSI strongest version engines
TVS do a deal for an engine remap with the gearbox one as well…but make sure you have a good chat with them about which car you have. Even knowing it’s a 2021 car they could only come up with 272 version DNUA engine (EA888 Gen 3) rather than my DNFE 280 Gen 4 engine. - Dogbone
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.