Skip to content

travs

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by travs

  1. Glad you got it done - sorry if my instructions were lacking in any detail for the download. Ok yes I’m going to agree removing the phone and re-adding it might be better. I’ve been using a iphone13 perhaps not with ios18 but I upgraded to a 15 and used that today with ios18 and no probs. I also tried changing the car name to the number plate and everything went a bit weird - phone would connect to the car and then not have internet when moving away from the house. Lesson learned and have just kept everything standard and it all works. Maybe worth updating the 12 to iOS18 (18.2.1 just appeared for update today) and seeing if that still works ok too. Just a case of eliminating variables until you stumble across the right thing.
  2. Shouldn't be any different for the car other whether its Amundsen/Columbus. The only parameters that I can see (albeit with limited knowledge) is MIB, part of the world, and manufacturer. So you'll see reference to EU-SK as opposed to EU-VW for example. As for changes I don't see it. It might be on mibhelper but I haven't looked through to compare differences myself.
  3. Racingline's OEM+ remap for the Gen4 (DNFE for this topic) gets the same results no matter what the stock output is; that's going from all the 280bhp - 320bhp variants across the VAG range (I've seen reference to DNFC and DNFG but don't have a definitive list). Which can only mean to me that the hardware is all the same, its all down to the software which Racingline then standardises with the remap. Which will also code Stop-Start to automatically off. I would have gone with TVS' DSG remap but went with RL's version - it was a fraction of the cost with the ECU remap; it won't be as good but they up the clamping pressure on the clutch to combat risk of clutch-slip on the higher torque and change shift points to be more sensible.
  4. Good work and thank you for the write-up. I’m guessing this means there isn’t a power source already located behind the panel; and that wiring wasn’t included in the standard loom.
  5. Great! Fingers crossed - keep us posted too.
  6. https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/MOI3/Preh Here you go @globalste - should be second one down in that list. If there is a popup asking you to login its "guest" for both username and password
  7. On this post follow the link to mibhelper but you’re looking for software that says MOI3 and ends with 308. Out at the mo but I’ll see if I can find the specific link for you for 308
  8. https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/527555-mib-25-software-update/#findComment-5906665
  9. Pressing software should reboot the MIV into engineering mode. Black screen with red font. Not sure why it didn’t. you can Format to Fat32 but it’s older structure than exFAT and I’ve done it on exFAT on my MIB. Try it either way - pretty sure FAT32 wouldn’t be the difference but if it’s another variable then try it by all means.
  10. Adding @aerofurb to this list. Thanks!
  11. I didn’t but I have a facelift so it’s a different software and slightly different process (using USB stick instead of SD card). I’m fairly sure the software wouldn’t be released, or would have been patched or updated. I don’t know when it was released though.
  12. just typed this out the other day on another thread. Details are https://mib-helper.com/index.php?train=MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4526 here you'll see the download link It'll take you to https://mibsolution.one/ where the login details are "guest" and "guest"; and if you go through the file-tree you should get to https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/MHI2 - HARMAN/Firmware/Skoda I think (Harman is the vendor) which should have the software to download there. How-to should be: Copy/unzip/extract onto an SD card in the root folder. Then with the card plugged into the car (in the glovebox), go to the settings -> software version screen and press the update software button at the bottom of the screen. The MIB will reboot into Engineering Mode were everything is red font and you need to press options with a circle next to them. Usually a double tap. Let it do its thing. At one point it might randomly ask to resume at the bottom of the screen, just go ahead. When done it'll reboot back into normal mode.
  13. Cheers @JR RS - in which case @Johannes_drive_cars probs need to revise which software you go for depending on differences between 2 and 2.5…
  14. Looking at this thread: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/514837-mib2-software-update-canton/#comment-5770509 I'd say the MIB2.5 software versions start "MHI2" (sometimes known as MIB High I think) and latest is MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4526 Details are https://mib-helper.com/index.php?train=MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4526 here you'll see the download link It'll take you to https://mibsolution.one/ where the login details are "guest" and "guest"; and if you go through the file-tree you should get to https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/MHI2 - HARMAN/Firmware/Skoda I think (Harman is the vendor) which should have the software to download there.
  15. Only difference is which version of MIB you have. I believe its basically MIB2.5 for pre-FL cars, and MIB3 afterwards. Pre-FL have SD card slots in the glovebox which you can do the update from there on. On the FL cars they removed that and the data connection is the USB-C by the ex-cigarette lighter or a USB-A under the armrest. Go to https://mib-helper.com/show.php?all=firmwares#details - this is the list of everything out there. There is a sense to the filename: MIB3 is Software starts with MOI3 but you'll see, for example, "MOI3_EU_SKMQB_P32400P" - this is MIB3 in EU for Skoda MQB cars - version 0324. Once you can see what you're looking for in the filename it makes it a bit easier to find. Unfortunately, I don't know the MIB2.5 letters at the start...I know the map files are different between so assume the software is too...
  16. I went from 0276 (which was almost-unbelievable garbage) to 0306. 0306 is fine but 0276 could have affected Carplay, in the way that it almost affected the law of physics. 0306 is fine but yes there is also 0308, 0324 and 0330 out there for the taking and 0332 is rumoured but no-one has found it online yet. You need 0308 as a base point so I'd get 0308 and 0330 and go to that. Download from https://mega.nz/folder/bupmCaqA#dGb8Y30eDZ3rx95kts3E_A which is a forum-member's ftp link. Just do the below one at a time - just version of software at a time - don't have them both on there just in case. Copy/unzip/extract onto a USB stick into the root folder. You'll need either USB-C stick or if you have a port in the armrest that will likely be a data port too (it is on the Superb but it's existence in the car was an option I believe so you might not have it at all). Then with the stick plugged into the car, go to the screen you show in your post and press the update software button. The MIB will reboot into Engineering Mode were everything is red font and you need to press options with a circle next to them. Usually a double tap. Let it do its thing. At one point it might randomly ask to resume at the bottom of the screen, just go ahead. When done it'll reboot back into normal mode. At which point, taker the stick out, format it, copy 0330 on and repeat. Format can be FAT32, but I think exFAT is better and perfectly fine (have used both). Let us know how you get on.
  17. New addition - winter tyres on Vega wheels. Bought easily and painlessly from the very helpful @aerofurb and swapped over; the car now looks confused between an L&K and Sportline from the outside now. I like them as a solid wheel design for Skoda, a teeny bit lighter than the Trinitys due to less material and a lot easier to clean! Tyres are Kumho Wintercraft which as my first foray into winters will be tested over the coming months as temps start to drop. The wheels are now also the cleanest thing on an otherwise filthy car.
  18. Otherwise Waze or Google Maps when connected to your phone?
  19. Did you use Carpro Retyre to clean the tyres before dressing? Best tyre cleaner in the business 👌🏻
  20. https://mega.nz/folder/bupmCaqA#dGb8Y30eDZ3rx95kts3E_A Here this is an ftp site from another guy here @vegarz - you'll see there is 306, 330 and a folder with 238/268/278! Download all of those and you're set! Don't worry - 238-306-308-330!
  21. Looking through, there are other versions not mentioned. I was on 270 when I bought the car from a dealer, but that was really awful - so its no surprise that's not available to try. At the mo, it looks like you can download 306, 308, 324 and 330. You need 308 to go from 306 to 330 but you don't need 324. I would download 306, 308 and 330 and see if you can go straight to 306 from 156. If you can, then you can go to 308 and 330. If not, you may need to take it to a dealer so they can get their hands on the latest. I say that because when I tried to go from 306 to 330, the MIB flagged up an error which someone explained. So try 306 and you'll soon see if you need something before that and need to get 238. I'm trying to find a link to it now...
  22. Welcome - from the first page it looks like you can go 156-238-SKIP 278-306. Then you can go 306-308-SKIP 324-330. I have done this myself and it was fine. So the whole lot is: 156-238-306-308-330. Just to be sure I would download them all, then put one on a usb stick each time just to save confusion. Go to here https://mibsolution.one/#/1 If you need to login I think its GUEST for Username and Password. Click on the dropdown for the folder MQB_Solution on the left. Then scroll down to MOI3 and click on the dropdown then click on the folder called "Preh" and you'll see the zip files in there. The only thing is...I can't see 238 there. I couldn't see it on mibhelper either. So the question is whether you can go from 156 to 278 direct because it doesn't look like there's a 238 available...
  23. Yeah that's the Italian tune-up isn't it? Give it a booting before the MOT so the emissions test doesn't get a false bad reading? The only other question to check - what colour is it? White is steam (condensation water sat in the exhaust getting heated as the hot gases pass through), slightly blue is oil, grey/black is soot (or just 'diesels'). 272 is 280 basically so def in the right place, same car with the same EA888.3 engine; just change in GPF. They are fantastic cars.
  24. If you get that right it’s the call of the century!
  25. Yeah I did it the other day - seems fine to me as far as I can see. Fill ya boots 👌🏻

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.