Briskoda Super Rally Day 12th July

oil

Don't be bashful just polish the car and clean the engine and the interior, you never know the judges might not notice the scratches, oil drips and rubbish under the seats!

As for the other request above - thats up to you and your persuasive powers with the powers that be! We could always judge the best black eye as a result:rolleyes:

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Show and shine eh?

If Baker21 see's the state of ours, he'll be sobbing in a corner! LOL, I'll park in the overflow and leave front of show for the better looked after cars :rofl:

:rofl:

Don't worry mate, I have been to plenty of shows and seen some lovelt looking motors until you get up close..............:eek:

Are we having "show 'n' shine" girls too!!!!!

Well, my 'Detailing Buddy' will be there...........:D

If you are coming to the rally day and who isn't ?

Then have a look at this http://briskoda.net/off-topic-chit-chat/national-rally-name-stickers-would-anyone-interested/150591/ and get a personalised badge for you. Bryan is printing these up for anyone who is bringing their car - details in the link and PM to Bryan.

Its a big task so don't leave until last minute

Thanks

Hi,

To make it up to 100 ish motors you need to turn up!

The video offer is great thanks, any more anyone?

We still need some one to compile the videos and pics pm please on that.

Thanks for starting the list I should have done that a while ago. For those that haven't it would be good to add yourselves to the list before tomorrow (see below)

Now to spur everyone on there will be a really special offer posted up tomorrow that should encourage you to sign up and turn up. But you will have to be very quick to get the offer.

More tomorrow!

John

only just seen this

there is a video of the Marlborough BBQ meet here if you want it

http://www.marlboroughwilts.co.uk/marlborough%20BBQ.wmv

Will enter mine into the "show and shine" just for a laugh I think... Is there an award for the most pitiful attempt at cleaning a car?! hehe

Will enter mine into the "show and shine" just for a laugh I think... Is there an award for the most pitiful attempt at cleaning a car?! hehe

Should I enter too Phil, is rain classed as washing?

Things are beginning to fall into place for the Rally day.

We have planned to have a Show & Shine competition.

There will be prizes for the best 'Exterior & Interior' and

for the ' Best under the Hood ' for each model as follows:

Fabia

Octavia

Roomster (bit of a 2 horse race at the moment!)

Superb

Vintage (older model)

and finally a 'Best overall car' - which may not be any of the above winners

Cars will be viewed during the late morning and winners announced during the afternoon.

Entry forms on the day -

Polish and Elbow grease before the day.

Looks like i could be in with a chance on the Roomster front :D

Is there a section for " Car best washed by the Polish down the road " :eek:

I will leave it to you professionals and watch with pride, hope the rain keeps off for you all.
Show and shine eh?

If Baker21 see's the state of ours, he'll be sobbing in a corner! LOL, I'll park in the overflow and leave front of show for the better looked after cars :rofl:

I'm with you guy's on this then aswell:rofl:

in preparation for the briskoda event, I did the cardinal sin of putting my car through a car wash today. it was to hot and the car covered in too many flies from the trip to the costa del sol. So I now have a clean outside of the car, bu the interior is in a terrible state, covered in sand, fabric fluff and a lot of dust.

just had a thought about the show and shine, how about one rule being that no car can be washed/detailed/cleaned in any shape or form once on site?

[goes on google earth to look for nearby laybys] ;)

Will she have been detailed....;):rotz:

Sure there will be plenty of judges for that....:rofl:

Ofcourse, she is always clean.............:thumbup:

just had a thought about the show and shine, how about one rule being that no car can be washed/detailed/cleaned in any shape or form once on site?

You are joking aren't you smstext? I don't know of any show and shine that doesn't allow people to get their cars looking good on site as that's part of the fun, besides it's a little harsh on those people travelling from miles away?

Anyone from travelling from the Nuneaton area?

I've got accomodation at the premier Inn at Nuneaton and just wondered if peeps wanted to convoy from there.

will be traveling from coventry:)