Briskoda Super Rally Day 12th July

oil

If i get the car upto scratch on Saturday then i may well attend as I'm not too far away, just means ill have to drive slowly up the M40 to avoid any bugs!

Come on Rich your only down the road, no excuse, get yourself along..........:thumbup:

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have fun out there on this one folks, the vRoomster and myself won't be there, flying back from work tonight, football tournament with my son tomorrow and then leaving for work again on Sunday.

Keep it shiny side up all :)

If i get the car upto scratch on Saturday then i may well attend as I'm not too far away, just means ill have to drive slowly up the M40 to avoid any bugs!

Bugs will be the least of your worries as it looks like a wet start.

Dave if you can get two motors to Gaydon on your own then no problem - even with some help it is not a problem - just add to the ever growing list.

John

:)How about three or four? Seriously!:D

We're leaving tomorrow morning, hoping to be at Gaydon for nine on sunday morning.

Cheers

Davy

Hope it doesn't take you 24 hours Davy - it's downhill all the way ! :D

Edited by thebrymar

Hope not but will feel like it going down the M6 yet again in the space of a week, like going back to London again!!

Davy

But the last 40 odd miles are on the M42 / M40 which is something to drive you on

On the return the delightful views from the M74 afore ye turn of and head across the hills (A 702 ?) - you don't even need satnav or a map - just follow the stars or the sun or failing that everyone else.

Hope not but will feel like it going down the M6 yet again in the space of a week, like going back to London again!!

Davy

Me too - last weekend it was the World Series by Renault at Silverstone, this weekend it's Gaydon. No wonder the mileage is rocketing !

Looking forward to the views on the way down A701 through Moffat, then the M74, M6, stopping off at Nuneaton and then meeting up with L-Y-K on Sunday morning and down to gaydon, we've managed to stay till Monday now, so heading back up Monday Morning.

Davy

Looking forward to the views on the way down A701 through Moffat, then the M74, M6, stopping off at Nuneaton and then meeting up with L-Y-K on Sunday morning and down to gaydon, we've managed to stay till Monday now, so heading back up Monday Morning.

Davy

Davy

You shouldn't be on here - you should be outside polishing the fecking thing ! Must be a good hour and a bit daylight left - if not, get the industrial lamps out :rotz:

Car's clean and ready to go SWMBO washed it yesterday and I gave it a coat of polish and wax today, hopefully the weather will be kind to me on the way down but just in case I have a bucket all ready to go in the car!

Davy

To all who have volunteered to help on the day - a very big thanks in advance.

You should all have a PM / email with some notes on the day.

If you have any queries please pm me before 6pm Saturday.

If anyone else wants to help or I have missed you out please again PM me ASAP

Once again a very big thank you to everyone above and also to all who are planning on coming along, we hope the weather is kind and that you enjoy the day and tghe facilities .

Thanks

John

Managed to swing the day off work. Got the boss to cover, shame she does not really know how to do the job but who cares.

Will be turning up in my stock Superb 1.9 TDi Comfort and wife is planning on coming in her car Fabia VRS Special (my weekend play toy when I can prise the keys off her).

Look forward to meeting many of you.

Dave

Managed to swing the day off work. Got the boss to cover, shame she does not really know how to do the job but who cares.

Will be turning up in my stock Superb 1.9 TDi Comfort and wife is planning on coming in her car Fabia VRS Special (my weekend play toy when I can prise the keys off her).

Look forward to meeting many of you.

Dave

Excellent news. Think that makes around 127 ish cars now....awesome.

Just finished waxing the car so at least it may look respectable by the time we get there....:cool::thumbup:

Just finished waxing the car .:cool::thumbup:

Well Ive washed , done inside , polished glass inside and out , then a coat of AG EGP followed by a coat of Megs Gold Class , then all plastic trim outside done ...and I dunno what for coz the car is gonna get filthy coming down if 2morrows weather is to be believed , i might be looking to beg steal or borrow some megs last touch detailer if I cant buy any before Iset off 2morrow morning...oh well , at least it should bead well lol :rofl:

Well most of the journey's done now ... I started off in Kingussie this morning, drove the 120-ish miles down to Edinburgh, then the 260-ish miles down to Nottinghamshire where I'm staying for the weekend, so I'm almost there! :) Tomorrow I just need to give the car a quick rinse and a coat of polish, and give it a good hoover (because I've never done it in the 18 months I've owned the car :o) and I'll do the rest when I arrive :)

Well i hope you all have a great time.

You can probably guess that me and the Fabia wont be there now..

Although i'm sure it would attract lots of attention. :(

It's too late to pull out now - I've printed the name tags :mad: