Minus 25-30 BHP

piv34uk

:eek: I am now going to stir up a hornets nest.... a friend of mine who has taken Ross`s old job @ AMD has informed me that at a recent rolling road shoot out at the above it was found that 2 of the cars present had been Jabbad but much to the owners surprise were actually down on BHP by 25-30:mad: . Your comments please...by the way it was Scott who was doing the checks.

:confused: :rolleyes: Phil

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No chipped cars...albeit audi A3`s with the 1.8t:confused: the 2 owners of the cars were shocked to find the dyno plots given by AMD were down on those given by Jabba................this was all proven when a standard car was put on AMD`s rollers and hit its expected figures.:eek:

:thumbup: Phil

All im going to add to this is the fact that your never going to get the same dyno results at different dynos. and anyone who gets upset or annoyed that their car didnt make XXX bhp on YYYs dyno should stop and think long and hard about what they have a car for.. if it feels faster???? whats the problem? :rolleyes:

Two different rolling roads

Two different software systems

Two different operators

Two different days

Not really suprising. The rolling road regardless of where is it is really a comparrison tool at best, test a car standard, test a car when its been remapped on the same day with the same operator. Even if the figures arent exact a 30 bhp incrase will allways be a 30 bhp increase.

Anymore is just pub talk ammo (of which I am guilty of aswell I know).

• Administrators

Figures vary...I think it's a given some figures are high, some low...is mine really only 217BHP? if it is then coolio I've got 8 mor than a 254BHP k04Golf....arh thats right the more you squeeze the quicker heatsoak appears and damages your figures. Cold Nov Morning versus August Afternoon..I know when my car hurts my vertebrae and when it stuggles to pull rice pudding skins...

Jim's (awesome) call for a day with 5 raw stock cars, RR before and after is the only way (independantly) of knowing what is going to be what...we all know it's about the same...just shaped differently ;)

Although it's stuck me as odd perhaps in a blackadder way, how the car who's tuner it is always comes out highest say with just a map versus a raft of other things, brings me back round to the extract more, the figures get hurt faster thing, don't fully understand it, but kind of follow it.