New Croatian VRS 236hp 19inches

davojuri

18 hours ago, dubDEAN said:

Intercooler looks spot on and i look forward to more updates, i run the Airtec mk4 golf cooler on mine , not twin pass and a tall thicker core compared to my old forge item.

engine.thumb.jpg.2dbb830939c6683677bb65f65a25a51b.jpg

Great clean all black installation. Next time I will also  do all smooth black. I don't see overboost pipe going over air filter side if FMIC is not dual pass-any picture of pipes please?

I Like thise caps for oil,washers fluid, antifreeze and servo pump. I need that for the servo pump but polished-which one is it and where to get it?

Which air deflector are you using for air filter?

Edited by davojuri
  • Love it! 1

Bumper is properly  cut.

New plastic mesh with large oppening is painted glossy black.

New EBC BLUESTUFF NDX brake pads picked from post office today.

SPEC stage 3+ clutch and OEM main seal arrived today from USA.

Now waiting for center hats to be hard anodised in Zagreb by Tiz metali,and than assembled and balanced by www.elmet.hr.

Than EBC prescribed brake in procedure for the new pads and discs.

Than SACH Performance clutch with full faced organic disc to be thrown in garbage and replaced by newly balanced my old machined SPEC SV21ST flywheel  with new stage 3+ clutch together with new ARP 25mm bolts and EKAGRIP flywheel disc for extra safety.

IMG-d332c34b7fe5a59bcc4e4df00b80d13c-V.jpg

IMG-c7f20bfc34df37b2d47774ea4b3c4573-V.jpg

IMG-e862edddf59aae6ee9505d8ce9c70e44-V.jpg

IMG-d723a67b9c8488e58ee0016abf53d6cd-V.jpg

IMG-acd17b27b6463e7150a29fbd48b23a0a-V.jpg

IMG_20231127_151436.jpg

IMG_20231127_151440.jpg

IMG_20231127_151601.jpg

Edited by davojuri
  • Love it! 1

4 hours ago, dubDEAN said:

Intercooler looks spot on and i look forward to more updates, i run the Airtec mk4 golf cooler on mine , not twin pass and a tall thicker core compared to my old forge item.

engine.thumb.jpg.2dbb830939c6683677bb65f65a25a51b.jpg

I also did put Airtec intercooler painted in black in my wife's Smart 451 Brabus turbo engine. Great one and fit

Edited by davojuri
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, davojuri said:

Great clean all black installation. Next time I will also  do all smooth black. I don't see overboost pipe going over air filter side if FMIC is not dual pass-any picture of pipes please?

I Like thise caps for oil,washers fluid, antifreeze and servo pump. I need that for the servo pump but polished-which one is it and where to get it?

Which air deflector are you using for air filter?

The caps are Neuspeed , i have the steering fluid spare needs a re polish , pipework over gear box i will message you 

30 minutes ago, dubDEAN said:

The caps are Neuspeed , i have the steering fluid spare needs a re polish , pipework over gear box i will message you 

Can I buy it?

22 minutes ago, dubDEAN said:

????????

Increases the contact by 3 Times between flywheel and bolts even they are ARP

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, J.R. said:

What is the benefit of that, is the flywheel dowelled or are they fitted bolts?

Factory info:

"

EKAGRIP 6 BOLT FLYWHEEL FRICTION DISK

Originally designed for about 100 horsepower, the 6 bolt flywheel interface on the VW / Audi engines struggles when subjected to serious power. Even with ARP Flywheel bolts, this interface can become taxed and allow the flywheel to slip around under high torque. This leads to wear between the surfaces, and shortly thereafter complete failure of the bolts and joint. This ruins the flywheel and crankshaft, and can even damage the transmission bell housing. In order to fight this we had EKagrip make some of their patented nickel and diamond coated friction shims. These shims increase the friction between the two components by up to 3 times what is seen with regular steel on steel contact. This greatly increases the load which can be carried. The shims are .008" thick, and do not cause any alignment problems with the clutch / flywheel. An absolute must for any engine making 450+ ft-lb with the 6 bolt VW/Audi flywheel flange. Increases friction by up to 300% Fits all VW/Audi 6 bolt flywheels A must for high HP engines"

There is also the same one for camgears.

Edited by davojuri
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1

If  no dowels then they are fitted bolts (close tolerance) in reamed holes, I bet you a pound to a penny that the ARP bolts as strong as they may be are not fitted bolts so are a chocolate teapot and responsible for the failures.

Even counterboring both components on 2 opposite fixings and using tubular dowels would be better than a friction bodge.

If the shim is to be used between the flywheel and crankshaft mating faces then their claim of 3 times the contact is a lie plain and simple, frictional contact or lack of is not even the problem, it is a result of radial play which is the problem and would not be apparent on any engine made by any manufacturer for the last 100 years, until non engineer aftermarket tuners get involved.

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1

20 hours ago, J.R. said:

If  no dowels then they are fitted bolts (close tolerance) in reamed holes, I bet you a pound to a penny that the ARP bolts as strong as they may be are not fitted bolts so are a chocolate teapot and responsible for the failures.

Even counterboring both components on 2 opposite fixings and using tubular dowels would be better than a friction bodge.

If the shim is to be used between the flywheel and crankshaft mating faces then their claim of 3 times the contact is a lie plain and simple, frictional contact or lack of is not even the problem, it is a result of radial play which is the problem and would not be apparent on any engine made by any manufacturer for the last 100 years, until non engineer aftermarket tuners get involved.

But for sure it can't harm, right? 

• Like 1

And SPEC stage 3+ clutch, pressure plate with billet steel, and full faced with springs friction plate with holding capacity up to almost 700Nm, no one on the market is even close to that figures. Daily driving without any problems.

IMG_20231129_190927.jpg

IMG_20231129_190952.jpg

IMG_20231129_191011.jpg

And forgot to put OEM main seal

IMG_20231129_191019.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Updates on work in progress.

Due to the overboost pipe over driver side we will have to make new air inlet in bumper.

Best anti vibration solution silicone hoses-tripple wired.

Crash bar initially drilled in center and both ends, 3 more holes to come on each side, 9 holes all together.

Brackets are welded onto FMIC, for the same fixating points as old Forge FMIC-proven to ne good

IMG-b7b2e848bc5211db5fe183b91afa5055-V.jpg

IMG-c59a7cfba2fcbc7b2ae7cec2d37c8f01-V.jpg

IMG-ee9af5b9a0e0b22e959adff374c26f4c-V.jpg

IMG-583e5c6160fda2c3a2174de8c4b5164d-V.jpg

IMG-60b79b422d51e3218475266c8e5323e3-V.jpg

IMG-fb2d581f79a299b1a099f62e9ea4f215-V.jpg

• Like 2