DSA

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No :( . Nobody has a fw1004 disc.
Can the guy in Poland supply such a disk/download? I'd be interested in going back to 1004 to get full phone functionality back, maybe we could split any costs incurred? Edited by No Waiting

The guy who repaired Mickey32's bricked unit told me on vwnavi, 'Most of stolen units have gateway error because mainboard was soldered to read pin code.'

Awesome. Thanks Grielka!

My unit is also from Grielka, and has been firmware upgraded 3 times now without any troubles. The gateway error has been known to occur on brand new units, when fitted to cars that have the wrong can gateway or a miscoded gateway. Its also common practice for factory refurbs to have the code written on a sticker and also for the seals to not be intact. Grielka has sold hundreds of RNS510s over more than 12 months, do you think that she would still be a trading ebay after more than a year with near 100% feedback if she had been selling stolen units.

Can the guy in Poland supply such a disk/download? I'd be interested in going back to 1004 to get full phone functionality back, maybe we could split any costs incurred?

Looking around on the net and I'm not convinced the phone issue is entirely connected with the software upgrade as it doesn't affect everyone. Yes it's a trigger for it and so far as I can see it's the Columbus at fault - I wonder if it can be corrected with a tweak of the Columbus Long Coding??

Grielka has sold hundreds of RNS510s over more than 12 months, do you think that she would still be a trading ebay after more than a year with near 100% feedback if she had been selling stolen units.

Yes. People tend to leave feedback very soon after receiving them. They look brand new and they work, so people, me included are very happy with their bargain and leave glowing feedback. I would guess that most buyers wouldn't bother upgrading them and those who do attempt to do so, won't do it for some time, when they've already left feedback.

I'll reiterate that she did not deny my accusation that my unit was stolen. She said that she is just a seller and obtains the units from a contact.

The gateway error has been known to occur on brand new units, when fitted to cars that have the wrong can gateway or a miscoded gateway. Its also common practice for factory refurbs to have the code written on a sticker and also for the seals to not be intact

But how do you know that? Ultimately, we can't possibly know the difference between stolen from somebody's car, stolen from the factory, stolen from a refurb plant, sold legitimately from refurb plant with complete confidence. In fact, where is the evidence of this refurb plant in Lituhania? And if it does exist there, what is a legitimate explanation for so many freshly, officially refurbed units going straight on ebay? One would imagine they should all be headed straight back into the VAG supply chain.

Edited by wega3k

I've only gone and f*****g fixed it! :D

I was following the procedure details here re the downgrade thing and it bloody worked! I couldn't get the 1100 firmware to do the downgrade trick so downloaded the 900 firmware linked to earlier in this topic and put that in at the 'Insert SWL CD' when you first turn it on. This brought up the menu and I hit ok, then cancel. This then said 'User cancelled' as expected. Then I did the '<', '>' and mic reboot NOT the SWL reset one and left the CD in. I got the error can't downgrade. Did the '<', '>' and mic again and the radio kicked in and I'm unbricked!

Slightly happy, as you may be able to tell. HDD is working fine. Not determined what version I'm on but I don't care to be honest. My problem was on Sat I was always using the 'setup', mic and eject reset, not the other one. Using that it works fine, in my case.

Hopefully this will work for you guys as well. I'm never doing a firmware update ever again!

Hi, I find this post extremely interesting. I too have the same gateway error problem through upgrading my RNS510 to FW2660 and have gotten nowhere trying to downgrade back to 1100, following instructions posted. Does anyone know where I can download firmware 900, can't seem to find it. I will try anything now before the unit starts being called 'the expensive paperweight'.

Thanks.

or

Firmware 0900

Verwendbar für: 1T0035680B / 7L6035680B / 3T0035680

Software-Version nach Update: 0900 / 0902 / 0904

Steckbrief: C_EU_7.112_t994

Firmware-Datum laut "VERSION.TXT": 2008-05-29

Dateiname: "rns510_900.rar"

rns510_900.rar - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

where is the evidence of this refurb plant in Lituhania?

Not sure on how the they get on to the market but there is a plant in LT.

History and Corporate Citizenship

Siemens’ activities in Lithuania date back to 1854 when Siemens built a 1,200 km telegraph line from St. Petersburg to Warsaw, passing through Lithuania’s cities. UAB Siemens is a subsidiary of Siemens Osakeyhtiö in Finland. Since our first office opened in October 1995 in Vilnius, Siemens has gained respect for its activities as a corporate citizen and for its contributions to Lithuania. For example, we have closely collaborated with schools and universities and have sponsored the National Lithuanian Ballet and Opera Theater. The city’s arena, which opened its doors in November 2004, also bears the name of Siemens.

I've only gone and f*****g fixed it! :D

I was following the procedure details here re the downgrade thing and it bloody worked! I couldn't get the 1100 firmware to do the downgrade trick so downloaded the 900 firmware linked to earlier in this topic and put that in at the 'Insert SWL CD' when you first turn it on. This brought up the menu and I hit ok, then cancel. This then said 'User cancelled' as expected. Then I did the '<', '>' and mic reboot NOT the SWL reset one and left the CD in. I got the error can't downgrade. Did the '<', '>' and mic again and the radio kicked in and I'm unbricked!

Slightly happy, as you may be able to tell. HDD is working fine. Not determined what version I'm on but I don't care to be honest. My problem was on Sat I was always using the 'setup', mic and eject reset, not the other one. Using that it works fine, in my case.

Hopefully this will work for you guys as well. I'm never doing a firmware update ever again!

Such a fantastic post. I did it this way, but instead pressing < > and 'i' to reset after the 'downgrade error'. I never tried setup, mic and eject this time (all the guides I have previously seen mentioned the latter?? And guess what, the system booted up, made a mention about a clamp released and the radio played once more (within a minute). Fabulous. I checked the firmware and I was back on 1100. Thanks.

So, knowing that I could (possibly) get the unit back to normal following a gateway error, I had an idea and took a gamble. I attempted the update using the 2660 firmware once more and it failed again on 87% as expected. I then did the suggested downgrade error trick by inserting the 1100 firmware disk but using the proven < > + i reset instead. The system booted up again, and it shows the 2660 installed (confirmed in VCDS and secret menu). I have all the 2660 options now and the system is up and running! The clock doesn't come on with ignition on and unit turned off though. It does come on for a split second when power up the unit. Anyone know what am I doing wrong?

I remember reading that if you get the clamp error then try changing the clock from 12 to 24 hour or vice versa before flashing.

Clamp error happened for me. Changing it from 24H to 12H worked perfectly.

Any ideas why my downloads from rapidshare seem to freeze between 50-60%?

Took me several goes - I think it's just a question of patience I'm afraid

Has anyone had any success using a 32GB SDHC card yet??

The idea was tempting, but when I looked on 7dayshop, which is where I buy my memory cards, I could get 16Gb for £18.99, and 32GB for £68.99, so it was a bit of a no-brainer to go for 16Gb. Carl has had success using his 16Gb - I'll be loading mine up tonight and trying it tomorrow.

MFSW controls: Audio only (volume & forward/back) no longer work
Swaped the files around and reflashed the firmware and now they work :thumbup:

Now just need to get the phone connection working correctly so I can browse the phonebook again :(

After making a calculated decision based on the fact I took the HU out again yesterday & carefully checked for any solder marks on the board & the cuppla positive posts about how to recover after a f/w failure.... & under the threat of castration + divorce if it went pear shaped...

We'd heard it went pear shaped years ago mate :rofl:

Good job Sim - now you've got no excuse for exceeding the speed limit on those main roads :D

Is anyone having problems with the speed limit showing in km/h only? I see no way to change it. I am running the V4 Maps on UK roads...

I also don't see the clock when the unit is turned off, yet the time display is enabled in the system menu. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

That's excellent news Simbo :thumbup:

I'll have a go at upgrading my fw when I get back from my hols. I was a bit concerned about the fact that you would loose the map when upgrading from 1004 as I don't have a map disk. Is there anyone out there that would lend me a copy if it all went wrong and the map vanished?