Illegal number plates - does more money mean less sense ?

Brimma

Spotted this yesterday.

Not quite sure how much more obvious he could make it :rotz:

Would give me great pleasure being in a position to put a ticket on it daily :D

P1060977.jpg

Edited by Brimma

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously that car is not capable of passing a MOT test, therefore it must be unroadworthy. Locally, there was a driving instructors BMW with a mis spaced plate, something must have been said as it is now correctly spaced.

if i was a copper , i would do everybody with dodgy spacing on their number plates , getting 3 points and the plate taken off them should be a minimum punishment

Very commendable, but "IF" you were in the job, what would you do with all the highly modified cars on the road that have not had their modifications notified to their insurers, thus making them uninsured in the event of a fatac?

Although off topic, well worth a comment when discussing degrees of how legal something is, for if you have more money to modify your car and not tell the insurers, then you must also have less sense?

Very commendable, but "IF" you were in the job, what would you do with all the highly modified cars on the road that have not had their modifications notified to their insurers, thus making them uninsured in the event of a fatac?

Although off topic, well worth a comment when discussing degrees of how legal something is, for if you have more money to modify your car and not tell the insurers, then you must also have less sense?

Assuming I could prove it, I'd get them done too.

If I was a copper and saw that plate I'd personally like to pull him, give him his ticket and then give him the "10 days to rectify the fault" ticket.

If after 10 days he was seen with the plate still illegally placed the police can get DVLA to revoke the license plate - the car is given a new plate and the plate taken away is lost forever.

That'd teach um!

Along the same lines, I saw "PADDY R" the other day.

The actual number was P40 OYR :eek: with the 4 slanted with a black dot at the bottom and the 0 and the O "straightened" to make them look like "D"s

I'll be looking out for HIM when I retrn to work...

Along the same lines, I saw "PADDY R" the other day.

The actual number was P40 OYR :eek: with the 4 slanted with a black dot at the bottom and the 0 and the O "straightened" to make them look like "D"s

I'll be looking out for HIM when I retrn to work...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I know there are a lot worse crimes in the world, but the law is the law, and some people just choose to believe they are above the law, so I say :-

"Book 'im, Danno"

If I was a copper and saw that plate I'd personally like to pull him, give him his ticket and then give him the "10 days to rectify the fault" ticket.

If after 10 days he was seen with the plate still illegally placed the police can get DVLA to revoke the license plate - the car is given a new plate and the plate taken away is lost forever.

That'd teach um!

The way it works is....

owner/driver gets a £60 ticket and told to change it, and the issuing officer sends a report to DVLA.

DVLA write to the owner warning them regarding the misrepresentation

Owner gets caught again, gets another ticket and the issuing officer sends a report to DVLA. This time DVLA write to the owner telling them that unless they change the plate and send photographic proof back to DVLA, then they will withdraw the plate

If the person gets caught again, or doesn't comply with the DVLA request, then the plate gets taken off them.

So it's quite a lengthy process and entirely dependent on the issuing officer having the time/inclination to fill in the form and send it to DVLA...

I've not had one removed yet, although I have caught a few people more than once...:cool:

The way it works is....

owner/driver gets a £60 ticket and told to change it, and the issuing officer sends a report to DVLA.

DVLA write to the owner warning them regarding the misrepresentation

Owner gets caught again, gets another ticket and the issuing officer sends a report to DVLA. This time DVLA write to the owner telling them that unless they change the plate and send photographic proof back to DVLA, then they will withdraw the plate

If the person gets caught again, or doesn't comply with the DVLA request, then the plate gets taken off them.

So it's quite a lengthy process and entirely dependent on the issuing officer having the time/inclination to fill in the form and send it to DVLA...

I've not had one removed yet, although I have caught a few people more than once...:cool:

Have you ever heard of someone having a plate taken off them?

I think that guy should purchase w4nkr and not bother spacing it at all.

Nope, not yet. But there are a few motorists I'd like to "get" this way...:thumbdwn:

If it's in your area, then I'd guess some of your cars are on my mental list of those driven like they are stolen.

The insurers would still pay for the third party costs/compensation. The insured would not received any payout for their vehicle if the mods would have meant the insurance company they are with would not have insured the car in the first place.

Some of these owners don't have a clue. We had a Mercedes in for its first MOT, which failed on the spacings on the private plate. The owner went into one, we asked if there was a correctly spaced set of plates which we could fit, she produced a set from the boot all correctly spaced, when we said that we couldn't fit those and pass the car, she got more irate and wouldn't accept our reason that they were the wrong number. These were the plates that were on the car before the number was changed. She also stated that her plates must be correct as she purchased the number from the DVLA, we pointed out that the DVLA didn't actually send her the plates, she also maintained that the number was her property and the DVLA could not revoke it.

She went off in a right strop, threatening us with the police as we were trying to rip her off. It took us a while to get her details from the DVLA so that we could send her a nice letter insisting that she paid for her MOT test.

It's not just number plates - it's the amount of effort exerted in finding a suitable parking space...

Cristiano Ronaldo:

C_71_article_1100783_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

John Terry:

johnterrysbadparking.jpg

Micah Richards:

article-0-01D58D7400000578-713_468x286.jpg

Wayne Rooney:

article-0-012C357600000578-893_468x286.jpg

Hang on - there's a closer connection than just the amount of cash! :rolleyes:

It's not just number plates - it's the amount of effort exerted in finding a suitable parking space...

Let's think..........

1) They are all driving black cars

2) They are nearly all driving Bentleys

3) If you added all their brain cells together they would still add up to a number less than 2

.........am I close ? :D

Cristiano Ronaldo:

John Terry:

Micah Richards:

Wayne Rooney:

What?

They are all in disabled bays, so showing a mental deficiency and so surely classifying them as suitable users of the bays ;)