Octavia Long delivery times

Skippy - I posted the same point last week, but somebdoy came back and said the reason for the delays is becuase Skoda have cut production. Not sure about this.

I ordered a spec'd up L&K on the 5th of May, and had a call from the dealer today telling me delivery on the 21st of August - 15 weeks.

Skippy - I posted the same point last week, but somebdoy came back and said the reason for the delays is becuase Skoda have cut production. Not sure about this.

I ordered a spec'd up L&K on the 5th of May, and had a call from the dealer today telling me delivery on the 21st of August - 15 weeks.

Are you going to wait for the new reg ?

I ordered the 27th of march and i pick it up next friday, 4th of june .

How lucky are you....

how long did it take before you got a delivery date, and how accurate was it?

my problem is that at some point in August the factory closes, so if they do not build and ship it beofre, I will have to wait until they re-open.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a Octavia Estate 2.0 TDI Elegance PD DSG on 20th Feb, now been told by dealer it will have the CR engine. But the build date I've been given is week 38 which is a ridiculous length of time. So I'm well cheesed off. So I'm thinking of looking for other options.

I ordered a Octavia Estate 2.0 TDI Elegance PD DSG on 20th Feb, now been told by dealer it will have the CR engine. But the build date I've been given is week 38 which is a ridiculous length of time. So I'm well cheesed off. So I'm thinking of looking for other options.

WTF?! :o

I ordered my vRS towards the end of April and have been given a build week of 25 (next week/week after?) :p

Pick up, hopefully, mid July.

I ordered my new vRS on 17/05/10 was originally told 16 weeks but they had one predered for stock 4 weeks previous so put my name on that one so lead time is down to 12 weeks 09/08/10 but am away on hols until 08/08/10 so will not be able to collect until 16/08/10 at earliest so may leave until september so get new reg. If i get it ahead of 22/7/10 i will accept it then and live with older reg. Only extra i ordered is rear parking sensors and they can be fitted at dealers.

I am part exing my Stilo. The Stilo has been a good workhorse but is too big and i just SOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! wanted the vRS :)

Edited by BillyT1903

Pick one from the build list

Despite me having to wait a week because of the slow coaches in the DVLA, Order to pickup was 8 weeks for me.

I didn't get all the options I wanted - (Though, I only want Maxidot and this can be retrofitted) but I didn't have to wait an inordinate length of time to get it.

And yes, it was important to get the car earlier because I was part-exing my old Octavia Elegance in for it.

Just after getting a call.

My 1.6TDI Elegance FL has just been delivered to dealers - ready for collection late Tuesday/Early Wednesday. Just needs the ol PDI.

Ordered the car on the 22nd of Feb. That means 15 weeks from order to delivery. Absolutely shocking.

Isn't the Octavia bigger than the Stilo!!!!!!!

Nope its a Stilo Multiwagon (Estate).

According to Parkers:

Octavia:

Length: 4572 Width: 1973 Height: 1462

Stilo Multiwagon:

Length: 4516 Width: 1756 Height: 1570

So except for the height the Octavia is actually bigger.

According to Parkers:

Octavia:

Length: 4572 Width: 1973 Height: 1462

Stilo Multiwagon:

Length: 4516 Width: 1756 Height: 1570

So except for the height the Octavia is actually bigger.

Ah well dont tell SWMBO LOL :rofl:

Just after getting a call.

My 1.6TDI Elegance FL has just been delivered to dealers - ready for collection late Tuesday/Early Wednesday. Just needs the ol PDI.

Ordered the car on the 22nd of Feb. That means 15 weeks from order to delivery. Absolutely shocking.

It's quicker than mine. I ordered same week as you and no word. Late May, early June, mid June. Shocking is putting it mildly.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone care to estimate delivery times on a Scout at the moment? I placed an order on 7th June and have yet to hear anything regarding an estimated or a confirmed build date. I know it's going to be a while, but it would be nice to have at least some vague idea...Once it has been built , I wonder what the shipping time to New Zealand might be? I know our household possessions took around 4 weeks from the UK to NZ when we emigrated out here in 1996.

Jimmy,

Ordered 18th April.

Built this week.

Should get it mid to end-July - delivery 3rd wk apparently.

Ordered ours 9th April, also build this week (25) and then 3 weeks to get to UK and 1 week PDI, should collect at the end of July when we get back from hols!

ACSC

Octavia Est. 4x4 1.6CR with extras ordered week 20, due for build week 41, delivery approx week 44.

Loooooong time!!!

Octavia Est. 4x4 1.6CR with extras ordered week 20, due for build week 41, delivery approx week 44.

Loooooong time!!!

Not half! That's the best part of 6 months! What on earth is going on here for this sort of lead time to be quoted? How long after you placed your order did you get a confirmed build date? My order for a Scout with extras was placed on 7th June. My dealer tells me it will be delivered by 30th Sep. I'm starting to wonder if he's being optimistic, given the extended shipping time to New Zealand.

4x4 Est. 1.6CR order was placed 18th May.

Extras: maxi-dot, curtain bags, towbar-prep, pearl-paint, rubber mats, variable boot.

Dealer called on 14th June to advise build week commencing 11th Oct; should be able pick it up week beginning 1st Nov.

No indication as to why such a prolonged period until build commences.

I ordered my Octavia Elegance Hatchback 1.4 TSi, with Columbus and Bluetooth, on 22 May.

Dealer tells me I have a Build Week 32, delivery some 3 weeks after that So should get it before the end of August.

I guess it depends on which model you go for.