What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Oh no! You selling as it is?

I know, I knew the day would come that one of our cars would need to be sold/traded against a 7 seater with SWMBO's Childminding venture. Sadly my car is worth more money and in better condition than SWMBO's Rav4 and as we've decided to avoid older 7seaters and purchase something newer that will also function as our family car it means my car has togo :'(

I shall miss my car as its just as I want it and I think its the longest I've ever kept a car which says something about just how good it is.

If someone wants it as is then 'Yes' if not I will take some mods/extra's off. The P/X valuation we've been given isn't too bad but have had to use the Columbus/Bluetooth to get the best deal (to be fair they have increased their offer with what I'd be able to sell them for).

Shampoo'd seats/carpets, Hoover'd the car & removed all of my own personal belongings ready for it going

I know, I knew the day would come that one of our cars would need to be sold/traded against a 7 seater with SWMBO's Childminding venture. Sadly my car is worth more money and in better condition than SWMBO's Rav4 and as we've decided to avoid older 7seaters and purchase something newer that will also function as our family car it means my car has togo :'(

I shall miss my car as its just as I want it and I think its the longest I've ever kept a car which says something about just how good it is.

If someone wants it as is then 'Yes' if not I will take some mods/extra's off. The P/X valuation we've been given isn't too bad but have had to use the Columbus/Bluetooth to get the best deal (to be fair they have increased their offer with what I'd be able to sell them for).

Shampoo'd seats/carpets, Hoover'd the car & removed all of my own personal belongings ready for it going

I am sure you can fiddle a 7 seater against the number of children you mind and buy it through your business then you can keep your car, I say fiddle in a loose sense.

As for my car I fixed a squeak from the back seats with insulation tape.

Sold it!

The fabia that is.

But its being replaced with a demo Octavia vRS :) which is sitting in the dealers till we get back from holiday.

Washed yesterday and re-vaselined around a troublesome parking sensor, one which the dealer 'cannot find any problems with' even though it only does it when it's subject to heavy rain which would suggest to me a water ingress problem, anyway stuff 'em, vaseline does the job.

* Removed the Shark Map :'( , only then do you realise just how lumpy and un-responsive the PD140 feels

* Started to delete my music off my Columbus & removed all of my adressess etc from the nav

Starting to feel a little emotional about the ole girl now

Drove it to the garage and part exchanged it for an S-Max

I would get an aftermarket warranty that cover electrics then mate. Not having a dig as s-max's are good cars but i know of 2 friends who have had humongous bills for electrical problems. One was a 56 plate and one was a 57 i think. They both loved their cars but my cousin with the 56 plate is now getting rid due to recent huge repair bills. Funnily enough she wnats a kuga?? I did point out it was still a ford and could be subject to similar faults but she wont listen, has her heart set on it. They were maybe isolated incidents but i only know 2 people with s-max's and both had big problems. Fingers crossed you wont suffer the same but are aftermarket electrical warranties really that expensive?