What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Had a bit of a cheeky spirited drive with a mate (in a GTD). Showed a few of the Corsa and astra boys what diesels could do.

Then sighed at how dirty it is after the ravaging, soot and salt [emoji19]

JRJG

Make much difference?

What engines she got?

Surprisingly, it made a massive difference. She's only got the little 3-cylinder 1.2, so it's a bit gruff - almost diesel sounding - on cold start. With the bonnet sound proofing in place the engine noise is muffled considerably - rough guess I'd say 40% quieter. I was quite shocked, didn't expect anywhere near that big an improvement.
  • Like 1

Not really [emoji23] dont mind doing stuff for people if your local like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

East coast vs West coast :D

i put some foam strips under the rear parcel shelf on mk2 oct stop it rattling over bumps :D

Retro fitted an aux connector into dash blank. Checked the oil to find it was low and topped up with Castol Edge.

Investigated a knocking/clonking noise when cold (can't find anything obvious, think it's the clutch making it?)

Investigated an exhaust/metallic rattle at about 1500rpm. Gave up as it started raining.

Checked the Pipercross filter and found the rubber at both ends has failed and the foam filter is sagging down when in situ. I have emailed them to see what they say as i received the filter as a gift so don't have a receipt or ability to take it back to the shop where it was purchased from.... Anyway nipped down to ECP and bought a Mann paper filter to keep the car on the road.

Just fitted the Aldi special offer £15 seat covers to the mrs' Fabia vRS outside work in the dark..... And they actually fit over the vRS seats. Only fitted the fronts for now and will do the rear one at a later date but well impressed for £15!!!

The green straps etc you can see on the passenger seat are for the little 'uns toy organiser.

E95E46B2-AD64-453F-8362-26A2B62FABC6_zps

E9CE12E8-B39B-434D-8BC4-FFE63CFAF802_zps

Washed about 2 months worth of grime off it! Took ages, and several buckets of soapy water.

Looks so much better now :D

Bent the ******* doors back into shape after some waste of oxygen broke into it last night and tried to hotwire it. :swear:

1024-P28-02-15_12-10.jpg > 1024-P28-02-15_16-56.jpg

Now just have to hope that the weather tomorrow stays off for long enough to reassemble the munged wiring for the ignition.

Kinda screwed over my plans for the day, which were to spend it underneath the car, replacing the bushings in the shift linkage; because it took me two tries to hit reverse when I went to park it yesterday. Could always be worse, though; at least I still have a car...

(Yes, I'm aware my phone has cataracts. :p )

Edited by Tamber

Gave the Octy some much needed and overdue love this weekend. Got a mini-valet yesterday (steam clean, wash, hoover, window de-snouting) and as it's out of warranty and I didn't break anything on my Fabia last year, have been giving it a service. New wipers, air/fuel/oil filters and a fill with Castrol Edge - oil filter was stuck on tight, dealer must have this guy working in the back:

200px-Chinese_Humongous.png

Father-in-law pointed out he had a strap-doober ratchet attachment I didn't see, and that managed to shift it though. Also got to use my new torque wrench! Still the plugs and brake fluid to do.

Then this morning SWMBO asked me if I'd removed something from the bumper - looks like the fog light blank/trim from the driver's side has mysteriously disappeared (e.g. kicked off/stolen). Weird but not entirely surprising given that someone drove a motorbike underneath it on the same street last year (finally found the bugger, waiting on his insurance company getting back to us).