What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

put the mirror glass and backing plate back on the car after glueing it back together last night...

Bought it some new wheels then started to drive back and heard a metallic rattle that sounds like a loose piece of metal in the clutch peddle mechanism somewhere, it was rattling when you set off with low revs and make it judder, when you change gear and when you go over bumps. It was doing this for the first 85 miles or so then it went quiet so when I popped into VASSTECH I couldn't reproduce the problem. So it's a case of monitor it and see. If anyone knows what it could be help would be appreciated.

Replaced the Common Market number plates with plain ones and chrome GB. Covered the cheap-looking plastic doorhandles with chrome covers. Looks great on Pacific Blue!

Bought it some new wheels then started to drive back and heard a metallic rattle that sounds like a loose piece of metal in the clutch peddle mechanism somewhere, it was rattling when you set off with low revs and make it judder, when you change gear and when you go over bumps. It was doing this for the first 85 miles or so then it went quiet so when I popped into VASSTECH I couldn't reproduce the problem. So it's a case of monitor it and see. If anyone knows what it could be help would be appreciated.

Found out what the rattle was, The headrests that I'd slung in the boot with the wheels were banging against each-other. Other things I've done to the car: Left the wheels in there and left the headrests where they are, also made it more dirty.

• Like 1

Found out what the rattle was, The headrests that I'd slung in the boot with the wheels were banging against each-other. Other things I've done to the car: Left the wheels in there and left the headrests where they are, also made it more dirty.

Not a snake in your boot then?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Took the wheels out at half 4 this morning and stacked them in my bedroom. Drove it to work, parked it up. Went to Farm shop to get oil filter for Hedge cutter and came back, 4 and a half mile trip and drove through big puddle just before I parked up. Got out and saw steam coming from front right brakes. Not right. Drove home not using the brakes to try to keep them cool so I could see if the heat was just from use and low and behold, there was a hot smell coming from the front right wheel. SO I jacked it up and turned the wheel to find it was stiff. Put the car down, got the bar and lock nut socket out and thought I'd start with the lock nut. So I put the socket in and the bar on, went to stand on the bar and it fell out, did it again, just fall out, jacked it up and turned the wheel to get the bar at a better angle, still fell out, tried it by hand and it fell out again. So packed up and now I'm p'd off! So I'm going to have to drive it to work, get some work done, call VASStech to see if they have some time to look at it, if they do I'll have to see if my boss will follow me down there to drop it off and take me back to pick it up again. Or if we haven't got time I'll have to drive it back home again. Don't want to do that though as it's 17 miles each way.

Swmbo collected back her citigo after a wek test drive in the 208 - confirmed the 208 clunky gearbox killing her dodgy shoulder ligament. Its a no go... im sorta relieved and disappointed. . Dont like peugots but for her purpose its the only car so far in budget and size and spec that suits.. back to drawing and stretch the cash me thinks..

Took it to my local garage who was shut, so I took it to VASStech who were busy and could only fit me in on Wednesday, so I brought it bac to my local who, by this time was open, he was very busy. So I borrowed his impact gun and loosened the wheel bolts all round the car and ordered a pair of tyres for my VRS wheels to be fitted on Wedsnday. Took it home, jacked it up and took the wheel off, stripped the brakes, found nothing noticeably wrong other than the fact that the EBC Greenstuff pads are ALREADY starting to break up and they've only been on since the end of April / beginning of May. They aren't binding in a major way but I'll get it in the local when they fit the tyres and get him to have a quick look. then I put them back together.

I also bought a Halfords 4 tonne bottle jack and made a thing to protect the sills out of the heel of an old wellie. Them old wellies are as tough as old boots.

Then I washed it because it was looking a bit dirty:

WP_20150801_17_32_23_Pro_zpsbildzpn6.jpg

WP_20150801_17_32_36_Pro_zpsrwn2mlhl.jpg

:clap: :clap:  :clap:  Very good! Love it. Never thought of that, but the groove is already there, thinking about it now. It was one horrible messy job cutting a groove in a hockey puck with an angle grinder!

I gave up with the grinder. The goo touched the floor at one point and it was going to hurt me if it flicked up, so I used my penknife which turned out to be faster anyway. The main reason I used the wellie was Sports Direct don't sell pucks in store, only balls. I went to the new store that's just opened on the garrison and they said they only do them on-line. And when I was packing stuff away from washing the car I looked at the pile of old wellies and thought, that'll do it!

As far as the brakes being tight, I had an issue with the older Octy where the pads had stuck in the calipers, and weren't moving. Once they had been cleaned and greased up with copperslip (yeah I know the latest train of thought is not to use it) there hasn't been any more problems. But I don't power wash the wheels any more, which I am convinced stripped the original grease out in the first place.

Mike

I took them apart thinking maybe they'd got caught on some paint from when I painted them when I fitted the new ones, but they were sliding freely and the slider bolts came out easily and still felt greasy so I just put them back together again.

Took it to the garden centre for the missus to buy a plant or two, as a break from changing the top mount bearings on the Fiesta - what a job!

That VRS looks so good in the Rallye Green. Was considering wrapping my MK1 in Rallye Green but not sure it would look anywhere near as good!

• Like 1

Cleaned the dash and all interior plastics with a wet long haired microfibre, hoovered it all and cleaned the seats with an upholstery foam to get the stains out that the kids had created... They can't half make a mess my kids!

That VRS looks so good in the Rallye Green. Was considering wrapping my MK1 in Rallye Green but not sure it would look anywhere near as good!

Thanks, I really like the colour. Oddly, I'm not sure it looks as good on the MK2 in my opionion. A MK1 in rallye green would certainly be different! It could possibly work I think :)

Test fitted:

WP_20150802_17_10_33_Pro_zps4vhfkybc.jpg

Pair of tyres to be fitted on Wednesday and they'll be ready to be fitted permanently.

I bought one of these http://www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/tools-diy/tyre-inflators-pressure-gauges/halfords-advanced-digital-tyre-pressure-gauge which s good, you can set what you want your tyres to be at so you don't have to keep looking in the filler cap to, which is nice. And I got a pair of these: http://www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/tools-diy/trolley-jacks-axle-stands/halfords-3-tonne-axle-stands

When I jacked it up I found that the wellie heel sill protector isn't all that good as the sill has essentially cut straight through it, 3 lifts and it's bust. Oh well, I'll find a block of wood, then if that fails I'll invest in a hockey puck.

...stripped the brakes, found nothing noticeably wrong other than the fact that the EBC Greenstuff pads are ALREADY starting to break up and they've only been on since the end of April / beginning of May. 

Another one to find that Greenstuff pads are utter rubbish. Hopefully you'll get something else fitted sharpish, as they'll only continue to get worse!