What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Might have to buy some of these bits. Is Tardis and Bilberry wheel cleaner good? And where from?

Tardis is excellent I got 5litres from my local autosmart rep and I got the bilberry from clean your car

If you want Bilberry a site I've used recently called Into Detail (intodetail.co.uk) have it on offer. 1 litre for just over £6. I think you can use a promo code EBAY10 to get 10% off. Not sure if it only works if you a certain amount of things though.

Drove about a bit. Had to wait in a car park so opened the windows with the key fob just for hell of it. Why would I ever really need to do that. Could not find a way to close the windows with key fob which I actually might want to do. (must check handbook).

Later gave it a going over with my Nilfisk foam lance for the first time. Great fun. Washing the car took minutes; unfortunately untangling all the hoses and cables the thing needs took much longer. Gave it another coat of Collinite Marque D'Elegance. Car is now so shiny it reflects 93.4 of all visible wave lengths and as a result is almost invisible. Put another coat of that pink Poorboys stuff on the wheels. Why are the wheels so low down? My back is killing me.

Wife says car now smells like a whores handbag. Oh and found out who owns the Fabia VRS up the road, his wife stopped to chat. Must offer to foam clean it for him if I can ever face putting the pressure washer thing together again.

Wondered if I should put my name down for the Essex/Suffolk meet but it is bound to be muddy.

• Like 2

Fortunately it rained over night so I could admire the beading on FÓJ’s* freshly waxed paintwork. Or at least I could when we finally got some daylight about 1.00 pm

Discovered you can clip a tyre pressure gauge in the ‘glove’ compartment penholder. Now I just need a combo pressure gauge/pen or I have a quandary. Dysoned interior for the first time. Why are all car mats made out of Velcro? Cleaned glass; topped up washer fluid. Recklessly ignored all the good albeit contradictory WHAT SCREENWASH advice on here and just used the Tesco stuff I have in the cellar. What the hell. Thought about taking the fuse out of the headlight washer; I live in fear of drenching some poor pedestrian one morning. Those things are like a power shower.

Checked oil level. Actually putting oil in a car would be a major upgrade for me. I had not unsheathed a dipstick since I sold my Beetle in 1984. Only doing it now cos 1 this forum has me scared to death about oil consumption and 2 the dealer kindly included a complimentary litre of oil and why would they do that unless there was a chance the car might use some? Complete waste of time of course, level was fine.

*Yes sadly have given her a name. It is her last three plate letters using the Czech letter Ó which is pronounced like the oo sound in ‘door’ so the name is pronounced ‘Fooj’ in a cool (or cod) east European accent.

What year is yours? I know with 100% certainty (as I've done it mysefl) that pre-facelift cars can have the headlamp washers duration and fire time adjusted, to the extent that they would effectively be disabled completely (if you set them only to fire after 10 secs on continuous screenwasher use for example!)

This can be done electronically with VCDS diagnostics, without need to resort to fuse pulling (not advisable).

• Like 1

What year is yours? I know with 100% certainty (as I've done it mysefl) that pre-facelift cars can have the headlamp washers duration and fire time adjusted, to the extent that they would effectively be disabled completely (if you set them only to fire after 10 secs on continuous screenwasher use for example!)

This can be done electronically with VCDS diagnostics, without need to resort to fuse pulling (not advisable).

Thanks wardy; its almost brand new.

Haha. Yeh. Already got the interior bulbs switch with my LED one's.

Got some for the boot lights coming and also some for the puddle lights in the mirrors on their way.

Then need to put in the number plate ones.

Then just the VCDS coding to do (on Sunday hopefully) and I'll be a happy man.

Oh, and hopefully getting an auto/tunnel light switch off a Brisky member to fit.

Phil

Haha. Yeh. Already got the interior bulbs switch with my LED one's.

Got some for the boot lights coming and also some for the puddle lights in the mirrors on their way.

Then need to put in the number plate ones.

Then just the VCDS coding to do (on Sunday hopefully) and I'll be a happy man.

Oh, and hopefully getting an auto/tunnel light switch off a Brisky member to fit.

Phil

Nice one.

I was like this when I got my Civic all those years ago. The Skoda took a little longer for me to add bits to it as I would supposed to leave it standard :)

I parked mine in the MDs spot as he is off and after some moron was a little off with me for parking opposite his drive even though it was parked legally leaving sooo much room. Some people are just ****s

Wow, do you park near my work?! Haha

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Felt like I was going to stick into the side of the house earlier. Been in the parents garage for 3 weeks, brakes bound quite heftily (even with handbrake off, in first). Had a few nervous moments and a stall trying to get it move, always nice when the garage isn't straight on with the drive. :sweat: .

Also gave it a clean and temporarily fitted front pressed plate. Plate surrounds and Osram diadem indicator bulbs to come soon (de-tango).

Back end needs claying come the better weather. Off to have another fight with the rusty numberplate screws on the back....