How many have more than one set of wheels/tyres?

gadgetman

Do you have more than one set of wheels/tyres?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have more than one set of wheels/tyres? (winter, summer track etc)

• Only those on the car
    • Those on car + 1 set - please detail
    • Those on car + 2 sets - please detail
    • Those on car + 3 or more sets - please detail

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two sets of tyres, one set of wheels. one set of Bridgestone all-season and one set of Bridgestone Blizzak winters. for equiv of 50 quid a year i get which ever set of tyres i'm not using stored and changed over at start of new season, including balancing and free puncture repair :thumbup:

Mark

Edited by m17rkj

Current winter wheels: 4x16" Steels - Front: 2x Toyo Proxes T1R 2 Rear: 2x Continental Sport contact 2

Summer wheels: 4x17" TT Comps in Satin Black with Kumho KU31 Ecsta's

Track/Other wheels: 4x16" Fabia vRS Wheels in Satin Black with 2x Hankook Evo V12 and 2x Kumho KU16's

Track/Other wheels: 4x16" VW Bora SE Wheels in SIlver - No Tyres currently but will be 4x part worns for track use

I have 2 sets,

One set of 16" OEM Octy Elegance alloys with 2 good and 2 illegal tyres, currently in the back garden stacked one on top of the other.

One set of 18" RS6 Replica alloys with el cheapo Capitol brand tyres currently on the car.

No problems getting around in the ice/snow on the cheapo wide low profile tyres, maybe its my driving technique having passed my driving test in 1985 when we had lots of snow every winter.

If you've got a set for winter and another set for summer, do you also therefore have two spares that you also swap?

No :p

Theoretically Swedish road regulations demand this (same type on all four wheels) , but there's an exception for 'temporary use after damage/puncture'. Which also covers the use of those terrible 'toy spares' that were so popular a few yrs ago.

I have one set, the OEM Furby ones, with GY GSD3s and Toyo T1-Rs. I want another pair or set of wheels due to how hopeless these are in snow.

My dad has another set for his Scooby with very warn Pirelli winter tyres. He is wanting to replace them with Vred Quatrac 3s or Nokians. He is running Vred Sportrac 3 on his OEM Gold Speedline 15" wheels.

I have cut down lately as i was running out of room.

Currently have

Stanard 17" Spiders Mint Vredesteins

Speedlines 17" White Conti's

Pro Race 1.2 17" Gloss Black with Avon's Track summer wheels.

Car has 2 spiders on the front and 2 pro race wheels on the back.

Only those on car -never felt the need for any other than Town & Country on the rear of RWD ancients.

I've sold a few sets so i only have 4 atm. Fabia vrs, 16" steels 17" tt comps and a random set i bought for tires.

I also have about 20 tires in th egarden. i've had about 15 sets on my old polo :D

I've got a total of 12 wheels for my fabia, all the standard alloys except 1 spare steel

4 on car, 1 alloy as spare, 6 alloys and 1 steel off the car

Not really sure why I ended up with this many but it's been helpful with punctures and track days.

Considering fitting winter compound tyres to 4 of the alloys that are off the car but as soon as I do that the weather will warm up again :)

Edited by yegnold

I've got a set of 18's i upgraded to, on the car.

And the 17's that came with the car.

I'm tempted to put some road legal track tyres on the 17's, although winter tyres would probably be a better investment :D

Edited by Browny_37

Std Zeniths 18" with Continental summer tyres (std equipment, still about 4-5mm thread left and kept if I sell the car)

BBS VZ033 18" ball polished with Dunlop summer tyres

BBS RD394 16" winter wheels with Dunlop winter tyres

And for the Roomster Scout

Std 17" with Dunlop summer tyres

Aftermarket 15" with Michelin winter tyres

I've got a total of 12 wheels for my fabia, all the standard alloys except 1 spare steel

4 on car, 1 alloy as spare, 6 alloys and 1 steel off the car

Not really sure why I ended up with this many but it's been helpful with punctures and track days.

Considering fitting winter compound tyres to 4 of the alloys that are off the car but as soon as I do that the weather will warm up again :)

Good go and do it now , get some spoons or something. lol.

i have 4std 17 vrs alloys , a set of 18 audi alloys and the 1s on my car , dunno why tho.