build week

Stuart,

I'm intrigued regarding your trade-in comment and the hire car.

When I ordered my VRS on Monday, the dealer gave me a trade-in price based on an expected 12-16 week delivery date for the new car; so, in effect, I've agreed a price for my car that enables me to keep driving around in it now and (between us) we've estimated the likely mileage when my car is built.

They certainly didn't insist on having my car now, nor did we discuss the possiblity of a hire car - have I missed something?

Cheers,

H

If the car takes longer to come although 16 weeks should be achievable thats when you need to start considering things, If say the mileage of yours goes up, it needs a service, MOT or Tax runs out it could all leave you out of pocket. If you have something in place re a loan car then it might proove useful

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I see what you're getting at now.

Well, if it takes longer and the mileage creeps over our combined estimate then it could be interesting...... ;)

I made the point with the salesman that it was an estimated mileage and he didn't seem that bothered to be quite honest; although of course that could change if it goes 1 or 2k over by the time I get the car!

Was told today that my week 13 vRS is now in Grimsby and awaiting transport to dealer in Swansea

Saw our babies today in the compound even got to sit in mine, was quite the thrill. All the waiting and waiting and driving the wreck i was has been worth it now i've seen it in the flesh, cant wait for May 1st!

Got told my Build week is week 18. Thank goodness! At least I finally know it'll be my hands within the next month or so. :)

Hey foregonereality, as a matter of interest, what was your order date?

Edit; Just checked back and found that. You're getting it 2 weeks earlier than me and I ordered 2 days later than you. Not so bad, for you!

Edited by Duck's hoop

Placed the order for my car on Friday 9 April (end of Week 15), just popped into the dealer today and build is scheduled for Week 32. The dealer said that it might move up the build and they'd monitor the system, but in any case if it moved by only a week or two they'd advise waiting to register it as a 60-plate.

Car on order is: Octavia Elegance estate 1.4 TSI + DSG + sunroof + curtain airbags + maxi-dot + light assist + spare wheel + mats + anthracite

When ordered the estimated delivery was "July" which I thought would have been nice for my planned touring holiday in Germany in August. Looks like I will have to revert to Plan A on that holiday, which is to take the SL back to its place of birth in Sindelfingen.

Does anyone have more info on 2011 MY than is available in the post "Good news for week 22 build..."? My dealer had no information at all.

Hey foregonereality, as a matter of interest, what was your order date?

Edit; Just checked back and found that. You're getting it 2 weeks earlier than me and I ordered 2 days later than you. Not so bad, for you!

Never know, Duck's hoop! With my luck my car will be waiting for the same ship as your car will be - resulting in us getting our cars at the same time! :)

What is your build week?

When I ordered my vRS at the end of March, I was quoted build week 20. Two weeks later that had moved to week 18 but on Thursday I took a call from the dealers to tell me it was back to week 20. Not very happy, but I guess that was the original date. My car had just under 49,000 miles on the clock when I placed my order. I agreed to keep the mileage below 50,000 as the dealer told me that below that figure he could give a warranty to a buyer, but over that it would have to go to auction. The reason, I was told, was that the Insurance company which backs the warranty won't touch a petrol car with over 50,000 miles on the clock. The figure for a diesel is 60,000 miles. Spending way too much time driving my wife's Seat Ibiza 1.2!

When I ordered my vRS at the end of March, I was quoted build week 20. Two weeks later that had moved to week 18 but on Thursday I took a call from the dealers to tell me it was back to week 20. Not very happy, but I guess that was the original date. My car had just under 49,000 miles on the clock when I placed my order. I agreed to keep the mileage below 50,000 as the dealer told me that below that figure he could give a warranty to a buyer, but over that it would have to go to auction. The reason, I was told, was that the Insurance company which backs the warranty won't touch a petrol car with over 50,000 miles on the clock. The figure for a diesel is 60,000 miles. Spending way too much time driving my wife's Seat Ibiza 1.2!

My vRS is also build week 20 (I work in the dealership and I check each day to see if the build week changes lol and it hasnt). We have 2 other vRSs on order also week 20. Another week 26 and one week 32.

My car has been ready to pick up since Thursday.

All I'm waiting on now is for the dealer to get the paperwork back from the DVLA and it shall be mine.

Agonising wait though, I want my car hehe!

I have not ordered my car yet, but when I started looking over a week ago, I was told 3 monhts. yesterday I was told that the dealers are being advised to quote 4 monhts now.

I want to order by next saturdady. MOT and TAX run out at the end of August.

Car will need a service in about 6-8 weeks, but as I am getting rid of it, I will ignore that.

I want it for my birthday, so hope it will only be the original 3 monhts (L&K with a few extras.)

The one thing that makes me happy in how long the wait is, is that it MUST be a good car.

4 months? A Veyron will arrive at your home faster!!! Silly

Yeah but it costs a lot more for the quick delivery :giggle:

Ordered mine 13 Feb - 10 weeks and 4 days ago. Was originally told it was a week 16 build and would be 12 weeks for delivery (12 May). Still waiting to be told if the car is built, if so, where it is and when I can have it! B*****y frustrating. I need to insure it and get the certificate and V750 (Registration certificate of entilement) for my cherished number, to the dealer so it doesn't delay delivery even more!

Edited by vRSbloke

Ordered mine 13 Feb - 10 weeks and 4 days ago. Was originally told it was a week 16 build and would be 12 weeks for delivery (12 May). Still waiting to be told if the car is built, if so, where it is and when I can have it! B*****y frustrating. I need to insure it and get the certificate and V750 (Registration certificate of entilement) for my cherished number, to the dealer so it doesn't delay delivery even more!

i used the one week free skoda insurance to get me going

I was given build week 16, delivery week 20 for my car. I had a recent communication from the dealer confirming it was built as planned in 16 and had got as far as Emden. He will update me when it reaches the UK - nothing to suggest it won't be c. week 20 for delivery.

Build weeks are nothing... Mine was built week 13.

It is now week 18 and I still haven't got my car because I am waiting for the DVLA to sort out my paperwork.

Granted, I'm having a cherished plate put straight onto the car, but it just goes to show that the build week probably isnt that significant

I better contact my stealer then as I ordered a few days before you - a 1.4TSI Elegance Estate DSG and was told it wasnt being built until w/c 25th April. I may be lucky :)

Got confirmation from stealer last week that my Octi was released for shipping 26th April. Hopefully I should have it in the next 2 weeks :)

Edited by j_hankey

I had confirmation from the dealer mine was to be build week 17 & will be built on 8-5-10, so assuming nothings changed in the last 2 weeks its BEING MADE TODAY :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: