Anyone seen any mad number plates?

EddGee

V4NNN on a gloss-grey, lowered, black-badge/de-badged VW Transporter panel van turning into Halfrauds, New Malden. Does what it says on the tin!

• 2 weeks later...

Have seen loads of variations of Wicker in/around the town of Wick Caithness. Usually seen as W**KER. I guess none of them have notice what it reads as to everyone else.

• Haha 1

today is the first of July 2022. 

thus, from now to Dec 31st is the only available point in our current reg numbering system with the potential for fully repeating numbers.

eg - 222 T 222 (year segment, county, sequential vehicle reg id number).

i just really hope whoever gets them registers something decent or at least interesting...

eg 221T221 is a v8 Bentayga

Edited by mac11irl

18 minutes ago, petrolcan said:

I thought Tipp was TN & TS on the plates?

it was, but the 2 councils were merged in 2014/15 after approx 150yrs as North Riding and South Riding. the original split happened because the council HQ at the time was in Thurles (or nenagh, cant remember now) way up north kf the county, and a couple of land lords (yeah them lads) who were on it from down south kicked a fuss over how long they had to travel for meetings so split it in half. 

the merge was part of a government cost reduction plan during the last recession. its a dose though, as now if you ring our local office in Clonmel, it is rerouted to the now HQ office in Nenagh, where noone has a notion where we even are on a map...

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 1

DE13 ROB - (DEB ROB) DVLA suggests it's a Land Rover but I thought it was on a camper van(ish) type vehicle.

Reminiscent of yesteryear windscreen decals showing who your current girlfriend was! 😮

• Haha 2

I've seen a number plate on a car driven by a mad driver recerntly...   Does that count... 

G1TSC spaced to be Gits C on a red Fabia Monte Carlo 1.6diesel cearly driven by an idiot (driving in bus lanes to jump queues, swerving between cars through traffic and driving through red lights).  At least it's taxes and has an MOT... 

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, skomaz said:

I've seen a number plate on a car driven by a mad driver recerntly...   Does that count... 

G1TSC spaced to be Gits C on a red Fabia Monte Carlo 1.6diesel cearly driven by an idiot (driving in bus lanes to jump queues, swerving between cars through traffic and driving through red lights).  At least it's taxes and has an MOT... 

He (She?) might be pushing their luck with all those lane/light cameras around.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2022 at 18:59, mac11irl said:

today is the first of July 2022. 

thus, from now to Dec 31st is the only available point in our current reg numbering system with the potential for fully repeating numbers.

eg - 222 T 222 (year segment, county, sequential vehicle reg id number).

i just really hope whoever gets them registers something decent or at least interesting...

eg 221T221 is a v8 Bentayga

well according to a cartell.ie quick search..

222T221 is a 1.6 diesel Tuscon

222T223 is also a diesel Tuscon..

222T222 doesnt exist. so either its been booked by someone whose new car hasnt been delivered and registered yet, or its another bloody Tuscon that the system is missing. 

i really hope its a not yet delivered sonething interesting, for the one shot at a reg like this for another 111 yrs..

222D222 is a 420i msport (Dublin reg)

2 hours ago, KenONeill said:

@mac11irl - Could you get (in principle at least), 222L222 (I think Limerick)?

yup, but its the same as a tipp and Sligo (222S222) at the moment no vehicle found..

edit

you can get the 222  222 for any of the 26 counties, but i get the feeling a few dealers or individuals spotted the possibility and had pre booked the plates before a vehicle was ready. i just hope they get used for interesting vehicles...

Edited by mac11irl

On 20/06/2022 at 03:08, RobClubley said:

Hmm interesting plate..

image.thumb.png.643abede4a48d797c4a845f9a279fd48.png

I wonder what the number really is and why Carjam is finding it on the database as the number is certainly not in any apst or present UK format. Could possibly be T3 SLA. That number seems currently to actually be on a Tesla, registered in 2019.