vRS170CR Fuel Economy

Having done a search in this thread, I have found that the figures have got lost in the discussion, and they cover both engines.

I am seriously considering a return to Skoda diesel territory, so in order to cut through the discussion static in other threads I would like to ask the following simple questions.

1) What mpg are you getting from your 170CR engine ?

2) Is this reading from the car or a tank to tank calculation.

Am not really bothered whether you drive briskly or economically, as the figures will prob show this,

Thanks for your assistance emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Average on a tank is around 47mpg going from the maxidot.

Will get up to 59mpg on a motorway run taking it easy, thats with DSG too.

Most of my driving is a long motorway commute, on which I get about 51 - 53 mpg. Try as I might, I can't get it to deliver less than 40 mpg even when being...er...enthusiastic.

Most of my driving is a long motorway commute, on which I get about 51 - 53 mpg. Try as I might, I can't get it to deliver less than 40 mpg even when being...er...enthusiastic.

Is this from Maxidot, or a tank to tank calculation ?

In over 6,000 miles from new I have averaged over 43 mpg (tank to tank calc). The trip computer is about 6% over this, around 45.5 mpg.

Also note that this is steadily improving as the engine loosens up. The last 1000+ miles have averaged 47.5 according to the trip (the warmer weather helps as well).

Thanks to all of you who have responded so far - Keep em comming.

Ive had a CR170 DSG Hatch since Nov 08, done just under 20k now.

On Longer runs (>150 miles) Ive done brim to brim and seen 51-52 mpg. It will say 54-55 on the trip computer

Mixed runs I get around 45 (47 on the trip computer).

I think the performance vs fuel economy on this car is fantastic.

Full to empty, putting the figures into a spreadsheet, mine has averaged 43.8 over the past 8500 miles.

Worst 40.04 was in January with loads of short journeys, best so far 48.3 when travelling for a week to Kew and back (A3, M25, M3 & A316) in the morning and evening rush hour, looks like the M25 variable speed limit does have a benefit!

New car, 2500 miles on clock

Tank to Tank is showing 45mpg average.

I am hoping this will climb into the 50's with age (I do motorway and some dual carriageway back and forth to work)

I reckon there are some people having a laugh as they say;

36 at the moment mixed, never EVER seen more than 47!!

Unlucky :doh: .

Incdientally and rather unrelated, since mine is a PD170, not a CR... I got my best ever MPG in mine the other day - 63mpg actual over a 26 mile run including overtaking 6 people on A roads and crossing Sheffield city centre (albeit at a quiet time). That's with a remap and Milltek downpipe though.

FL CR VRS Estate (Not DSG)

The first few fill ups I got low 40s as the average mpg over various conditions - town/country/not much motorway, but it has increased slightly now it's done 6000 miles.

On a decent motorway/dual carriageway type run (eg 100 miles) at 70mph-ish it'll give near enough 50mpg (real).

On my car the trip computer figures are roughly 1.5 mpg too optimistic (it needs to show around 51.5mpg to really get 50mpg)

On a 2000mile trip to France and back, with less than 2000 on the clock when setting off, it returned an average of 50.1mpg (real), so I wasn't complaining. This was probably boosted from a bit of driving on some French roads where we were stuck at around 50mph.

I certainly notice that it's easier on the diesel than my last car (2005 PD140 DSG Estate) at a similar mileage.

At recent fill-up Maxidot showed 47.9 mpg but a calculation after filling up gave 49. Maxidot currently showing 51 mpg. Both based on A roads (A82 and A86)with some overtakes and town driving but only done 2000 miles so hope to see that improve.

Sarge.

you diesel boys and mpg chasing. if your not sub 20mpg your just not trying :giggle:

Please dont take this the wrong way, but I started this thread to get some information around what people are getting from this engine as I am considering purchase, this thread was not started as a competition to see who can get the best MPG, there were, as i found plenty of other threads like that on the forum.

Hopefully, by starting a thread around what people are really getting & not collecting ' Petrol v Diesel ' or ' I'm getting better economy than you ' interference in the thread other people can make a judgement on whether it is worth while giving the 170CR engine consideration to buy.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

my average for the last few thousand is 36ish. On a motorway run i will get 40 to 44 depending on how fast i drive. Not great but says alot about my driving style:-)

I'm averaging about 42 at the moment but I do have a fairly heavy right foot. On a run at 75-80 it does about 50mpg (all done on brim to brim).

Computer is a little optimistic, says I'm getting 44 rather than 42 but I'm not complaining about that as I reckon the performance I get for a car with that economy is pretty good

Having done a search in this thread, I have found that the figures have got lost in the discussion, and they cover both engines.

I am seriously considering a return to Skoda diesel territory, so in order to cut through the discussion static in other threads I would like to ask the following simple questions.

1) What mpg are you getting from your 170CR engine ?

2) Is this reading from the car or a tank to tank calculation.

Am not really bothered whether you drive briskly or economically, as the figures will prob show this,

Thanks for your assistance emoticon-0100-smile.gif

My vRS is 6 months old now and has covered 13000 miles. Now averaging around 46 mpg, which is about 75% motorway 25% town driving. I don't drive sedately so am very happy with this figure, which is manually calculated (although I have to say the trip computer is proving pretty accurate).

Bob.

--

Between 50 and 55mpg depending on journey. A bit of blatting and a bit of cruise control whilst on motorways. Based on trip computer, but judging by the fills this seems about right.

Oh and I never fill it up to the brim, always £30 worth. 30 litres weighs quite a lot