Is any one happy with their Octavia?

Best car i've owned :thumbup: loved my Fabia vRS, but the Octy is a whole different ball game.

When the time comes, i'll have another Octy without a doubt :D

Exactly - think what you would buy if going out tomorrow for a new car (not with silly money I mean!) My choice would be a clone of my present one.

Got an 07 VRS TFSI had it from new.

No faults in 3yr /35000 miles, not one.

200hp and still capable of 40mpg with a light foot.

Big boot even on the hatchback, grp15 yet cheap insurance.

Tax, ok tax is a b|tch.

It's hard to justify any other car.

I might have to get rid of mine soon to free up capital to buy SWMBO a five seater and I'll really miss it if I have to.

Edited by Aspman

On my 3rd Octavia now.

Had an 03 Ambience Mk1 2.0 Petrol - fine except for the £600 inlet manifold fault I had about 2 months out of warranty. Dealer who shall not be named were a shower of ****e.

However, had an 06 2.0PD140 Elegance DSG and now my '10 2.0 CR 170 vRS and they've both been outstanding.

Will be onto my 4th Octy when the time comes. Or may be a new Furby vRS if I can get a job where I don't have to commute over 25K per annum :)

I have ordered a new skoda octavia (our first) but then.................. i was going to anyway.

I only came on here for sperfic bits of info re DSG , new 1.6 CR etc.

It is however very reassuring to know that such an active useful forum exists,

both during warrenty and more especially afterwards,

We looking at 12/15 years ownership and fingers crossed 200 to 300 thou miles outta her.

cheers

M

After being on this site for about a week all I read is people having problems. Does not feel me with any confidence that I am going to be a happy driver/owner when my VRS arrives in October.

If i'd replied to this post before my ESP problem and Skoda's refusal to acknowledge the issue then I would have recommended a Skoda to anyone - now I'm not so sure.

Would I buy another one - not until Soda extends it's warranty to something like Toyota, Hyundai, Kia or dare I mention it Vauxhall !

pmc

2 Mk 1's and a 1 Mk2 FL, I have owned Octavia VRs's over the last 7 years, absolutely awesome cars for the money..... my new CR170 DSG.......can't stop finding excuses to drive it, awesome economy as well!!!! looked at an insignia SRI this time as well......nice on the outside, abysmal interior, and the Mazda 6 but do not do an auto box and very expensive in comparison to the Octy vRS

This is my 3rd skoda, had a fabia vrs before this octavia vrs.

Apart from an issue with paint in wheel arches with this car I have never had any problems.

Also well worth changing the bolero system - retro fitted mine with a columbus and it looks super. Make sure you get the latest maps though if you do do this!

Just have to get the paint sorted and Im there

I've had my Octy 140 Estate for 3 yrs now, it's coming up for 5 yrs old and it is excellent, the mpg never fails to amaze me and it is quick and very comfortable to drive. I work for Citroen/ Peugeot and their cars are far inferior in build quality and reliability.

2005 Octy vRS owned from new, now at 95k miles. Apart from routine servicing and tyres, it's cost me a coil pack and had a wheel baring at 20k under warrenty.

Very happy, but changing it for a new vRS becuase I can. If the new one is as reliable, I'll be extremely happy

Ah bugger that ...that three year warrenty thinngy

Sigh an Kia / hyuandi have 5 or 7 never mind the others

sigh ( again)

last new car we took del of was a one year warrenty............, no sooner had we taken del( well about a month later)............. guess what ..............they switched to three years.

Grrrrr

Skoda better not do the same

Edited by dieseldogg

Elegance 1.8 tsi DSG, 7 months old. Very quiet engine, lots of umph. Comfortable on long drives. Lots of space in boot. Pity about intrusive rattle/buzzing noise from boot area. Road noise can be bad on some road surfaces.

5 months, 10,000 miles, not a single worry. Lovely car.

Could I pick holes in it? Yes certainly. Had I spent ten times as much on another car would I still be able to pick holes in it? Yes certainly.

On my 4th Octavia. Each time it comes to change I do my research but end up buying another, they can't be beat for value and reliabiility as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, this is the problem with them. :giggle:

Happy with mine too - had it from new and it's 5 years in a week or two. MOT time tomorrow so my opinion may change ;) I've no intention of changing it but would happily go for another Octavia if I did.

Good:

Easy to drive - I never find it a chore

Comfortable - longest stretch is a 5 hour non-stop trip from central Scotland to home. Fresh as a daisy when I'd finished

Frugal enough for me - 45MPG calculated since new. No change since the remap a year ago

Goes well if I fancy giving it some welly (though the WOB* feature can restrict speed and handling)

Large boot.

Not-so good:

Dashboard and trim squeak a lot in cold weather

Lots of paint chips - think that's a common thing with VAG paint these days.

Problems:

Replacement EGR under warranty after two years

CD/Radio (Stream) packed up after three years. Replaced it with a better unit and put the Stream in the loft

About once a year it refuses to start for no discernible reason

* - Wife On Board

Edited by unclerichy

Oh I love my vRS to bits - you simply can't get a car with that performance combined with cabin/boot space and build quality for the same money from any other manufacturer. Sure, there are better cars out there, but you will pay a damn sight more to own one of them. So for me the Octy is just about perfect.

As to the problems on this site, well go to any owners website for any car and you will see whole lists of problems for those models too as most people will only actually join and post ona website like this when they have a problem they want advice on. The Octy has a few common issues (road noise etc), and most are very minor. The serious problems are probably rarer on this car than just about any other car out there - and most of the long term consumer tests you see bear that out.

So am I happy? You bet ;)

My CR vRS is now 8 months old and I've racked up 18,500 miles, and I'm very happy with it - it's a good quality solid motor. It's my first Skoda, previously having a MkIII Mondeo tdci (pile of absolute junk). I advised my sister to buy a new Octavia 3 years ago when she was in the market for a new car and she loves it - it's never missed a beat and just reinforced my decision to go down the same route. Currently I see myself getting the same next time round, which will be a first for me!

Buy one, you know it makes sense.

Bob

--

After being on this site for about a week all I read is people having problems. Does not feel me with any confidence that I am going to be a happy driver/owner when my VRS arrives in October.

Put it this way, even if you're extremely unlucky and all the wheels fall off, it'll still be better than a Peugeot.