Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

Finally caught sight of my first wild SM yesterday afternoon. Was a silver / grey on a 10 plate on the A148 in Bodham.

Seems the snow monster has finally migrated into the wilds of north Norfolk.

I saw absolutely loads of Yetis when I drove between Lake Constance and Innsbruck last week, the Austrians seem to love Skoda, every third car was a VWG 4x4 of some kind, even saw a MKII Golf Country and lots of Yeti and Octavia Scout...

I saw absolutely loads of Yetis when I drove between Lake Constance and Innsbruck last week, the Austrians seem to love Skoda, every third car was a VWG 4x4 of some kind, even saw a MKII Golf Country and lots of Yeti and Octavia Scout...

Thats why we can`t get them over here!They are only looking after their fellow Europeans. :swear:

Hope you had a good holiday!

Yeti spotting - result! I couldn't resist sharing these 2 clips:

(i) with the Swedish title "the Yeti suitable as a rally race car?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Eo9_zF9WYI

Ignore the herdyherdyherdy, note the dry-cool look of the rally driver, while the navigator must have missed breakfast ...

(ii) in the same dry sense of humor, including loading sheep into the boot, "the Yeti as a suitable tractor"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW7Jjo6Rn6w&feature=related

Enjoy!! B)

Another capture!

A silver SM on a 10 plate leaving the John Radcliffe Hospital this afternoon, flashed and a blank look from back seat passenger. I followed it onto the ring road and lost it in the traffic. Was local, had a Jewsons ad on the number plate.

Chris.

i now see one 3 times a week on my way to work red 140 on a 10 plate in ewhurst surrey but i suppose that only counts as one :rofl: and I'm in my van swmbo keeps nicking the SM

Been seeing on the odd occasion for the last month what I think is an Aqua Monster on the A166/A64 not sure if it's the same vehicle every time.

Talking of Aqua Monsters theres a nice new Elegance 140 DSG in the Hull dealership with a sold board, I assume waiting for March.

TP

Edited by The Plumber

I pass a grey (possibly silver) Yeti (haven't seen the badge, so not sure what model) going in the opposite direction to me at least a couple of times a week on the A646 somewhere round about Hebden Bridge; sometimes mornings, sometimes evenings. I guess we're doing a similar commute but in reverse. Generally we have a wave and a flash.

Plumber, I'm heading your way on the afternoon/evening of March 11th, en-route to the Hull-Rotterdam ferry. Give us a wave if you see us ... Red CR170 Elegance ... Betty the Yeti.

Spotted a very pretty red one in Chichester around 12:30 today.

Still one of the few cars that looks if anything better on the move than stationary.

Yeti spotting - result! I couldn't resist sharing these 2 clips:

(i) with the Swedish title "the Yeti suitable as a rally race car?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Eo9_zF9WYI

Ignore the herdyherdyherdy, note the dry-cool look of the rally driver, while the navigator must have missed breakfast ...

(ii) in the same dry sense of humor, including loading sheep into the boot, "the Yeti as a suitable tractor"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW7Jjo6Rn6w&feature=related

Enjoy!! B)

Hey arkaig ,

Brilliant videos !!, The second one illustrates perfectly why I want to get a Yeti

Just supposing I need to go get wood for the woodstove - or maybe do a bit of baling - or take the sheep out for a ride round to view the scenery.

The Yeti would be perfect !. Many thanks

I have just seen two SM ON the A281 in Bramley surrey one postman pat red not the same one i see in the mornings in Ewhurst then 2min later a blue one on a 10 plate. me in my van again mental note must hide the SM keys from swmbo :rofl::punch: maybe not a good idea

Hey arkaig ,

Brilliant videos !!, The second one illustrates perfectly why I want to get a Yeti

Just supposing I need to go get wood for the woodstove - or maybe do a bit of baling - or take the sheep out for a ride round to view the scenery.

The Yeti would be perfect !. Many thanks

Hi ajhas

Delighted to see at least one other contributor to this Forum has a sense of humour!

In the same vein as previously, I spotted these two:

(i) with the Swedish title "Cross-country - the Yeti as an all-terrain vehicle for 5 soldiers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rqaS8dW_1I&feature=related

It shows the pano roof is well worth waiting for its reintroduction to the UK.

(ii) "The Yeti as a snowcat"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CXW7sTGy54&feature=related

Testing of the Offroad button - hill descent and hill start

Great fun - enjoy! B)

Saw a nice Capuccino TDi 4x4 on the M40 yesterday, heading northbound around Oxford-ish and stayed with it for a few miles. Had OV in the plate. I wasn't in my Yeti, but my red sports car which I was delivering to its new owner.

I saw a few down in Mogador todayemoticon-0140-rofl.gif, all parked in a line.......

post-36710-0-36500200-1298224425_thumb.jpg

post-36710-0-68564600-1298224426_thumb.jpg

Mike

PS and a good time was had by all

certainly was, mike.

both cathy and i had a good afternoon.

it was great to meet all of you.

the bike cop on the roundabout was looking slightly amused.

wonder if he's a secret yeti owner? :giggle:

certainly was, mike.

both cathy and i had a good afternoon.

it was great to meet all of you.

the bike cop on the roundabout was looking slightly amused.

wonder if he's a secret yeti owner? :giggle:

A police man & woman walked down our road yesterday and the man was pointing to and standing beside Elsie the Helipad and they were talking about it together emoticon-0136-giggle.gif whilst Hilary watched them from inside.

Mike

PS I edited him out of the videoemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Edited by rockhopper

A police man & woman walked down our road yesterday and the man was pointing to and standing beside Elsie the Helipad and they were talking about it together emoticon-0136-giggle.gif whilst Hilary watched them from inside.

Mike

PS I edited him out of the videoemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

just before the copper on a bike i noticed a yeti going down the other side of the duel carriageway. i checked sill 4 with me so it was an extra one result 6 then one on the 281 that 7 including mine :thumbup::giggle:

just before the copper on a bike i noticed a yeti going down the other side of the duel carriageway. i checked sill 4 with me so it was an extra one result 6 then one on the 281 that 7 including mine :thumbup::giggle:

That wasn't me going round the roundabout then?emoticon-0140-rofl.gif. Elsie the Helipad stands out a little more than the others, being dirty & Candy White, amongst browns, very dirty grey and black emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Mike

Parked close to a mettalic blue or grey SE at Clifton Moor shopping centre near York yesterday, in a disabled bay, still there when I left.

When I went back to my car at Monks cross earlier that day there was a middle aged couple looking at my car and trying to work out what it was, one said it must be a new skoda, its 10 reg! So much for the ads on tv!