Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

A 14 plate F/L Jungle Green city version Yeti 1.2 Petrol, parked in Southampton General Hospital Disabled Car Park. Looked like it came from the Isle Of Wight as it had a Red Funnel ticket for the mirror in it

"The following takes place between 3:00pm and 4:00pm"

A grey Yeti 13 plate appears on episode 5 of 24:Live Another Day, no doubt a decoy for Jack's latest escape attempt!

post-76098-0-04166100-1401915811_thumb.jpg

Edited by My MINI me and me

Having not seen any over the past few days, saw a 62 plate Silver Yeti parked in Southbound A3 Services (between Ripley and Send) at about 7:30 this morning

"The following takes place between 3:00pm and 4:00pm"

A grey Yeti 13 plate appears on episode 5 of 24:Live Another Day, no doubt a decoy for Jack's latest escape attempt!

Appears again in Episode 6 .........

Well I go shooting for a few hours and come back to find that the Yeti has a friend in the woods a pre FL Yeti smiley2.gif.

Hope they behaved while we where away shooting smiley36.gif.

20140615_111724.jpg

20140615_111849.jpg

Not good photos, taken with my phone.
  • Like 1

Well I go shooting for a few hours and come back to find that the Yeti has a friend in the woods a pre FL Yeti smiley2.gif.

Hope they behaved while we where away shooting smiley36.gif.

20140615_111724.jpg

20140615_111849.jpg

Not good photos, taken with my phone.

Have you been washing it again Kev? :notme:

Fred

Have you been washing it again Kev? :notme:

Fred

Not been washed for three weeks  :D Muscovado    is great at hiding the dirt  :clap:, as you should know.  Plus my longer mud flaps keep it a lot cleaner.

• Like 1

White + Muscovado = Cappucino baby in 9 months ;-)

:wonder: Hope not, don't want any maintenance claims :bandit:   

• Like 1

Just back from one of my twice annual fortnights in North Wales, staying around Snowdonia and the amount of Yeti's now are massive in comparison to previous years. Think I spotted 14, usually its around 4. Lots around Betws Y Coed up to Plas Y Brenin including a good number of Mk2 Octavia VRS's also. A few more around Llundudno also plus the usual spate of Roomsters... Its proper Skoda country now. :)

The Yeti seem to be developing their own natural habitats, my local Yeti breeder (dealer) told me last week that he has just registered his 130th Yeti. So they certainly are not endangered in an area of 9 x 5 miles. There is only one Jungle Green.....so far.

To realise that Jersey is a bit smaller than the Isle of Man, you certainly beat us hands down on the amount of Yeti,s on island. You can count the Yeti,s on the IOM on both hands, mind thats the difference between having a main dealer on island.

Tony

• Like 1

I thought it was a bit shorter gestation nowadays :happy:  It was only (only!!) five months for Annie

Maybe more Yeti are having twins  :angel: After all there seems to be little shortage of people who are willing to adopt one (or two) this must be a good thing..

• Like 1

Just returned from a week in the Highlands with my new Yeti DSG 2.0 Elegance (with panoramic sunroof, Columbus system and reversing camera) where I was bouncing up and down trails to launch my canoe.

Overall it is a huge improvement on my old (61) Yeti 1.8 TSI which was also brilliant off road, but not with regard to fuel consumption. Around the Highlands my new Yeti was returning (loaded up) on average 45 MPG and I only need to fill up once on the 600 mile return trip home. A full tank took me 535 miles, which is not bad considering the aerodynamics with a canoe and top box.

I can see why Yeti's are so popular in the Highlands as they appear to be everywhere, for they are impressive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a trip up to Bucks/Berks/Hertford.

Running in so careful up. 66mpg.

On way home picked up the pace a bit.Steady 75/80 mostly motorways.

62mpg. 

Loads of Yeti's now around Devon.

Lovely new  Blue one in Barnstaple A39 1st July.

Saw a F/L Shark blue diesel 4x4 Yeti Parked in Eastleigh Town Centre, Hampshire with a personalised number plate and was bought from Winchester Motor Company.

Not many Shark Blue F/L around?

• 3 weeks later...

Nice trip down the coast from Aberystwyth this afternoon and on the way back got a big wave from a white Yeti in Llanarth.

Didn't mange to see the dolphins at Llangranog though.  :'(

I've just returned from a tour of Co. Cork and Co.Kerry in the south west of Ireland.   Skodas are a popular car there and I saw several Yetis on my travels.   Not surprising when you consider some of the minor roads are a bit uneven and very narrow, suits the Yeti perfectly.

Hello all!

Spotting Yetis all over the place now.

Changed from the early days when I did not see another on the road for about 6 months!

Couple of spots yesterday:

1) Yeti Adventure parked up in Sopwell House (hope you took out a 2nd mortgage before booking that)  :D

2) Cappo (I think) heading towards Welwyn G C on the A414 just after Hertford

3) Not yesterday but I keep spotting a Cappo Yeti facelift around Hoddesdon as well, if you get a nod from a chap in (another) Cappo Yeti It'll be me  :hi: