The Fabia vRS Review and Photo thread

vRSy

What a sexy car !

Many thanks, Binzie.

You see, the car really does suit my character.  I have two sides to my character - one being nice and sensible and the other being a naughty side!  The Fabia VRs is both things at once: practical, but a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing.

For example: last night saw me in DJ and black tie singing in our local choir doing classical stuff, yet I'm not unknown to boogie on down at a Prodigy gig!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not one I've seen before. Even-handed but not as good as some other ones out there.

What delay? Must have had a fault on the DSG on that one. The DSG is just as quick as the one on a Nissan GTR.

Testers are odd people/drivers.

They will often talk about a DSG, they talk about Sport Mode, & the talk about Paddles, and not involved driving, delay shifts,

The talk about the need for a manual box,

but they seem to ignore, maybe on purpose or just stupidity, that it is a Twin Clutch Automated Manual.

Put the Gearstick to the left, and that is sequential manual shifts.  Manual without a clutch pedal.

Obviously with a ECU overriding shifts or lack of shifts that will damage the box or the Twincharger.

But still it does manual shifts pretty quick, 

maybe as quick as the paddles,  i have no idea, since i never use the paddles, preferring shifting Manually with the stick.

& happy with which direction is down the gears, and up the gears.

• Like 1

The good thing about shifting the stick to the left is that it doesn't override your choice on the paddle shifts after ten seconds or whatever the standard defined time is (except if your choice is going to stall or blow up the engine).

So finally collected my new car today - Rio Red vRS - first one i've seen i this colour in the flesh and pleased to say i like it :love:  

[/url]IMG_1746 by [email protected], on Flickr">http://13915926196_4732553eaf.jpgIMG_1746 by [email protected], on Flickr

[/url]IMG_1745 by [email protected], on Flickr">http://13915892431_d47a8f51f9.jpgIMG_1745 by [email protected], on Flickr

When did that colour become available? Looks really nice