THE DEFINITIVE Top gear Skoda Yeti thread!

fuzzybunny

Victim mentality? I wasn't referring to you as a sheep, you already have a Yeti.

In what way am I am a victim ? Are you suggesting that people wiII rush out and either by reading these posting or watch T/G and buy a Yeti for £22000 if they don't need or want one, and therefor become victim of a conspiracy to turn us all into Yeti owners and then the new World order will be controlled by Yetis.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't give a toss mate!

Nice to have intelligent conservation with you . As I could never understand the point of your posting, I will say " quite frankly I dont give a toss either."

mellyboy, the term 'sheep' given by Dodgy, is a common one that refers to people who don't know much about cars and buy them based on silly or ill-thought out reasoning such as the shape is nice or Clarkson likes it, therefore it must be cool or good. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just explaining the term.

The 'victim mentality' made me laugh! I think he thinks you're being a tad over sensitive...

The Yeti, as we all know on this forum, is quite a lot of car and appeals to pretty much everyone and there is an affordable route for around 14,500 pounds or the all singing and dancing DSG diesel Elegance for twice the price - so I think Dodgy is right: we can expect the less-inquisitive car buyers to put the Yeti on the consideration list now!

And that's bad news for me, as I'll surely have to wait even longer for my Yeti when the sunroof is available again for order! :(

mellyboy, the term 'sheep' given by Dodgy, is a common one that refers to people who don't know much about cars and buy them based on silly or ill-thought out reasoning such as the shape is nice or Clarkson likes it, therefore it must be cool or good. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just explaining the term.

The 'victim mentality' made me laugh! I think he thinks you're being a tad over sensitive...

The Yeti, as we all know on this forum, is quite a lot of car and appeals to pretty much everyone and there is an affordable route for around 14,500 pounds or the all singing and dancing DSG diesel Elegance for twice the price - so I think Dodgy is right: we can expect the less-inquisitive car buyers to put the Yeti on the consideration list now!

And that's bad news for me, as I'll surely have to wait even longer for my Yeti when the sunroof is available again for order! :(

Thanks for the explanation of the terminology , I Did say I chose my cars as to my needs, so i must assume I am not a " victim" , personally I was simply pleased that the Yeti came over so well on Top Gear and lets leave it at that.

Whether you liked the entertainment 'review' or not, he liked the Yeti - just as he liked the Octavia Scout.

It is a good endorsement of the product, and one which will only benefit the model and brand.

Well done Skoda.

Spot on :)

Allams have already stated they're getting some interest, and Facebook and Twitter is flooded with people saying "I want a Yeti".

There would appear to be lots of sheep coming out of the woodwork (fields) today :giggle:

Blimey, not one mention of leaving fog lights on permanently or glaring head lights and people are still going off on a bender. The key to a Top Gear review is to not be ridiculed. After all they are pretty much always comparing their test car against a Lambourgini or Ferrari not matter what its purpose is. Not only was the Yeti not mocked but it was actually praised against a Range Rover, a £60k 4wd car. What about the hill start on a dodgy surface, brilliant advert for Skoda?

I don't think I have ever seen a standard road car get as good a review on Top Gear as the Yeti did last night.

By the way, how did John Bishop go 2 seconds faster than Tom Cruise, the previous fastest driver. Did they juice up the reasonably priced car in an attempt to embarrass old Stig and his teaching? I thought Tom, he is Tom to his close friends, flew round the track and 2 seconds is a huge difference.

By the way, how did John Bishop go 2 seconds faster than Tom Cruise, the previous fastest driver. Did they juice up the reasonably priced car in an attempt to embarrass old Stig and his teaching? I thought Tom, he is Tom to his close friends, flew round the track and 2 seconds is a huge difference.

he is a scouser using the mantra of "drive it like its stolen":giggle::giggle::giggle:

Blimey, not one mention of leaving fog lights on permanently or glaring head lights and people are still going off on a bender. The key to a Top Gear review is to not be ridiculed. After all they are pretty much always comparing their test car against a Lambourgini or Ferrari not matter what its purpose is. Not only was the Yeti not mocked but it was actually praised against a Range Rover, a £60k 4wd car. What about the hill start on a dodgy surface, brilliant advert for Skoda?

I don't think I have ever seen a standard road car get as good a review on Top Gear as the Yeti did last night.

I was very surprise about the comparison with the Rangie, Top Gear's favourite 4x4!

I think all those on here who either have one or have one confirmed on order must be breathing a sigh of relief that this didn't come out before either of those caveats were in place.

I think the waiting list is about to get very silly indeed unless Skoda start working a few extra shifts!

I think all those on here who either have one or have one confirmed on order must be breathing a sigh of relief that this didn't come out before either of those caveats were in place.

I think the waiting list is about to get very silly indeed unless Skoda start working a few extra shifts!

OH yes. You can say that again. Seven months pre-JC was a long enough wait thank you very much. But so worth it. As we owners all know, JC was not wrong. The perfect all round car used to be the Land Rover Discovery (in my book). But it is just way too big and cumbersome with a few things bigger than I really need. So the SM is now the pefect all round car for sure!

Amazing number of people reading or posting today, Lovely day to be a Yeti owner, wait till it get it multitude of showings on Dave, six months will seem a short wait unless Skoda pull their finger out!

Certainly glad I got mine when I did. emoticon-0140-rofl.gif I dread to think what the waiting time for a Diesel with Sunroof (on the ultimate endorsement from JC) is going to be in a few weeks time.

And I wonder how much time the new Helicopter Landing Pad option will add to the delivery??!!! emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

ive had estelles, rapids, favorit's felicia fabia's...so i knew the yeti was gonna be a hit, without doubt the best car ive had and ive had alot( plenty of new ones too).....as for top gear and clarkson, i love the show and like all 3 presenters, there a good laugh and at times of late me laughing is scarce'.......big up clarky and the YETI!!!!!! :thumbup:

Its funny to see the reaction on here compared to some of the stuff I've seen posted from various contacts I have on facebook. Partisan warm reception mostly on here, but top gear, Clarkson and the Yeti panned by some TG fans on there.

I am amazed at some of the stupid comments, even these days , about Skodas, by posters on FB and some other forums. Talk about uninformed!

... i love the show and like all 3 presenters, there a good laugh and at times of late me laughing is scarce'.......

I agree. I really don't find sit-coms or most comedy movies funny (call me Victor if you like) but I am always guaranteed a real laugh watching Top Gear. Love the show. emoticon-0148-yes.gifemoticon-0148-yes.gif

You have to remember that TG is selling a product- cocking about for all the family. The original TG- and Wheelbase before it- was dull as ditchwater and JC turned the programme around from the TV equivalent of Which magazine to something the whole family watched. JC is a seriously good journalist and I have read his stuff since Performance Car days. But his USP is being controversial and daft- which suits me fine. He rightly loathed the Vectra and after the shockwaves subsided from the legendary TG featuring that horrid car it became ok to take the pi** in this type of programme. I don't really care whether he likes Yetis or not frankly- just hope it's good telly. But strange how so many people seize on to fact that JC likes their car but so quick to rubbish him if he doesn't . Fact is some folk buy really crap cars- Nissan Bluebird anybody ? 206 ?

Probably before your time if you like Top Gear, but in my opinion the last decent Top Gear broadcast was by Raymond Baxter!

(I must admit though my 8 year old grandson raves about Top Gear so that is probably its target audience.) :rofl:

Chris

Well I've had 3 people ask about mine today, and that in a town of 2.3k population, most of which probably don't watch TG.

Smug, moi................................................... :giggle:

Edited by Llanigraham

Probably before your time if you like Top Gear, but in my opinion the last decent Top Gear broadcast was by Raymond Baxter!

(I must admit though my 8 year old grandson raves about Top Gear so that is probably its target audience.) :rofl:

Chris

My 11yr old son series links it on Sky plus and loves the repeats on Dave. TG is daft and silly, it is a caricature programme. At least they know that and don't pretend otherwise. It is not the show it was 10-15 years ago because that show was leaking ratings. This version is a massive hit for the Beeb around the world. People looking for serious car reviews should not be looking at TG and really they haven't been doing them for years. I remember in the last series James May did a review of the Insignia with the lady who designed road signs in the passenger seat. It was as much about him being scolded as about the car and was a funny segment.