rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Sucess!

Kelv666 I have a module, part no 7P6 035 730 F which we used on our 2010 Skoda superb to be able to use our Samsung phones if you still need one - sure our son's iphone worked on it too

Edited by ansabob

• 1 month later...
On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 08:58, ansabob said:

Kelv666 I have a module, part no 7P6 035 730 F which we used on our 2010 Skoda superb to be able to use our Samsung phones if you still need one - sure our son's iphone worked on it too

hi. new user here. my superb 2010 elegance wont connect to my s5 even though its rooted. would your unit work on mine.? if so and if you still have it can you text me a price as I am a long distance driver so not  online much..cheers shaun.

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 21:42, rockabilly said:

hi. new user here. my superb 2010 elegance wont connect to my s5 even though its rooted. would your unit work on mine.? if so and if you still have it can you text me a price as I am a long distance driver so not  online much..cheers shaun.

Shaun

I will check on the model number on the box in the shed and if you think it might work you can have it for a charitable donation. I will get back to you sometime this week.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know, which is the latest genuine bluetooth module (or at least the latest module firmware) that can be connected to the Columbus up to 2015 (and which can work both rSAP & HFP)?

Hi all. I have a 2010 Superb elegance. I changed the Bluetooth module as the old one failed. When my phone connects and I stream music it does not show on the screen, as in song playing, etc...the Bluetooth logo shows up and you hear what's playing, but cannot control the music through the head unit...how do I code it? As I assume this is the problem?

• 3 months later...

I see potential in my car ... :D ... can anyone tell me which are the basics apart from the obvious (mic, mic cable/loom, and the BT module that is usually mounted below the passenger seat)? I've seen on several places that there is also a plastic or styrofoam-like BT module cover that goes on to of it, and to where exactly can I bolt the BT module on the floor, I haven't managed to find any cutouts/holes on the floor carpet ... I'm guessing the two square cutouts from the floor lining on the 2nd photo are used for the BT module connector cable, right?

IMAG1392.jpg

IMAG1395.jpg

• 2 months later...

As we see at the beginning of this topic there is a successful replacement with 3C8-035-730-A with no need for coding.

my question is can i use also the 3C8-035-730-B, 3C8-035-730-C, 3C8-035-730-D, 3C8-035-730-E ?  

I don't really understand the difference between these units except the wifi at "D" and "E"

Edited by makmar

@makmar - the A/B/C/D/E revisions are all compatible with each other. They are from different production dates with different software versions, there could be hardware changes too.

It's impossible to know if the replacement will work without coding, it just depends how they are coded... I'd always suggesting having modules coded after fitting for best results.

12 minutes ago, vborovic said:

And the exact benefit of that is ... what?

If you connect using rSAP, your phone will lose it's data connection.

With a WiFi enabled BT module, it will create a WiFi hotspot for your phone to connect to so it can still use data.

I chouse module with no wi-fi because is not useful for me.

• the 3C8-035-730-B is cheaper.  
  • I have a better chance to swap it without coding. 
  • Don't need to pul the extra antenna to the window.   
  • the wi-fi requires r-sap support phone which i don't have.  
  • my radio doesn't support any data usage (as internet radio stations or google drive).  
  • my phone is always connected, so i don't need to create the hotspot for that.
  • if in extream case i need to create a hotspot for others i can do it directly from my phone. 

On 31/10/2018 at 23:01, vborovic said:

And the exact benefit of that is ... what?

- Internet connection via the roof antenna on the car, so much better reception in areas with poor coverage.

- Kids in the back can also use your data on their devices (usage can be monitored via the MFD).

Just for the info.

I replace my  5N0035730B with  3C8-035-730-B  and is really plug and play.   

3 minutes for 3 bolts and direct Bluetooth connection to my phone.  :clap:

My car is oktavia 2010 and i have a white display at instruments and Colombus radio. 

All contacts downloaded to the radio ( if the language is not supported by the firmware the name remain blank or  with strange characters) 

exist also caller list, unanswered calls, speed dial, music streaming. 

i don't have rsap supported phone to test messages.