Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! She picks the Fabia 105SE DSG on Saturday :thumbup:

It was ordered 21st Jan :thumbdown:

To be fair, the dealer has been communicative throughout and we did get a good deal: Low rate finance/VAT Free/3 years Free servicing/retained value PX price/£300 compensation/free towbar and a small cash discount. :thumbup:

I called in to the Slacks today for the missus to get a try out with the dsg box as she is worried it's harder to drive than a manual...she soon realized it's not by forgetting to use the clutch once back in our current car!

Anyway, I am told my car is down to be built in 2 weeks and should be with me mid Sept!.... so anyone want to buy a Stilo estate and a 3.2 Vectra?

• Administrators

In case people have missed it this is from Skoda, we've recently met and this topic amongst others was discussed.

We are aware that some customers are experiencing delays and uncertainty concerning the delivery of their new cars and we would firstly like to apologise for any dissatisfaction this has caused. We are working hard to build your orders as quickly as possible and in turn provide our retailers with clear information that they can share with you.

Thereforewe would always recommend contacting your retailer for an update in the firstinstance. If you still have concerns, please contact our CustomerServices Centre as soon as possible on:

Email[email protected]

The'Contact Us' area of www.skoda.co.uk

Telephone08457 745 745

Our opening hours are 08.30 – 17.30, Monday to Friday.

There are a number of factors which influence the leadtime of each order, so to allow us to investigate and manage each case individually and efficiently, please provide us with your order number, a contact name at your retailer and quote reference '2011 Order Leadtime‘.

We look forward to hearing from you.

ŠKODAUK

thanks for the info colin but 'been there, done that' and its made no difference. im just told their sorry. ordered march, been told week 34 build but still not confirmed. pretty poor really when a salesman tells you 6-10 weeks when there taking your deposit

dealer says its coz i have the cheek to ask for factory extra's thats causing the delay, Slowda say its nothing to do with that. me im in the middle with the cash burning a hole in my pocket and a wife begging to spend it on something else!!!

• Like 1

Due to the uncertainty of when my VRS order was going to get confirmed, I have cancelled my order, and picking up a brand new Corsa VXR next week on 5 years interest free. I loved the Fabia VRS when I drove it, but I'm not willing to wait for 6-8 months for my new car to be delivered, as good as the VRS is.

thanks for the info colin but 'been there, done that' and its made no difference. im just told their sorry. ordered march, been told week 34 build but still not confirmed. pretty poor really when a salesman tells you 6-10 weeks when there taking your deposit

dealer says its coz i have the cheek to ask for factory extra's thats causing the delay, Slowda say its nothing to do with that. me im in the middle with the cash burning a hole in my pocket and a wife begging to spend it on something else!!!

I'm in the same sitution as you, ordered my VRS Estate back in March and was given a build date of the week 31. Just chased it up now and I've been told it will be build week 34. Maybe the cars will be on the same transporter coming over!?

My VRS arrived at my dealer yesterday, I picked my numberplate and I pick the car up Monday.

I ordered on the 20th of May.

So just under 12 weeks.

Looks like I've been quite lucky compared to others here.

David

Edited by dbryder

My VRS arrived at my dealer yesterday, I picked my numberplate and I pick the car up Monday.

I ordered on the 20th of May.

So just under 12 weeks.

Looks like I've been quite lucky compared to others here.

David

You have certainly been very lucky!

My order (for a White VRS Hatch) was placed on February 18, 25 weeks ago today, and I have an unconfirmed build week 45 - week commencing 7 November, i.e. 38 weeks if that build week is confirmed!

Allowing for delivery to dealer, preparation, Christmas etc. I am expecting to be registering it in 2012!

been told today my 1.2 dsg se will 99.99% be built week 34 confirmation will be wednesday when the builds in week 34 available

which hopefully gives me the car second week of sept 6 months longer than the original delivery date

i am just getting fed up now emoticon-0133-wait.gifemoticon-0133-wait.gifemoticon-0156-rain.gifemoticon-0153-brokenheart.gif

spotted a low miles 11 plate auto fiesta so temptedemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

My Greenline II Estate - Update!

Get it on Tues 16th Aug, over 7 months after initial order. Finally :D

I bet you're well excited! Ours has been build but the dealer doesnt yet know when its coming.

Fabia VRs Yellow/Black Alloys, Auto A/C, Rear Sensors

21/02/2011 Ordered

Estimated Build Week 16

Later confirmed Build Week 17 (25/4 to 29/4)

18/05/2011 Confirmed Built Week 17 (i.e. 2 weeks previously)

25/05/2011 Dealer couldn't access Skoda system (successive errors shown on computer screen)

27/05/2011 Now given Build Week 40

WTF?

What have they done? UNBUILT the car and returned the parts to the factory so they can re-build it later.

Have they given my car to someone else (a friend of one of the directors perhaps)?

It would appear that "confirmed" doesn't mean anything in Skoda's language - Beware!

THE MIRACLE HAS FINALLY HAPPENED!

I now have the beastie, and very pleased with it so far, I still think it was worth the wait (about 6 months!!!).

Now the job of running in. I do notice though that the DSG tends to drop the revs too low too quickly for the running in; oh well, lots of use of paddles & the "tiptronic" mode.

THE MIRACLE HAS FINALLY HAPPENED!

I now have the beastie, and very pleased with it so far, I still think it was worth the wait (about 6 months!!!).

Now the job of running in. I do notice though that the DSG tends to drop the revs too low too quickly for the running in; oh well, lots of use of paddles & the "tiptronic" mode.

Excellent news, looking forward to those pictures...

To be fair, the dealer has been communicative throughout and we did get a good deal: Low rate finance/VAT Free/3 years Free servicing/retained value PX price/£300 compensation/free towbar and a small cash discount.
You were very lucky and to indicate the randomness of this I had an 21 week wait for my DSG Roomster during which time Skoda Customer services always told me to contact the dealer and the dealer told me they were getting zero information from Skoda. I had no compensation and got stitched up for an extra £500 depreciation on my trade in when the car did arrive. After complaining to both Skoda UK and the dealer I have been told by Skoda UK that my spec car had a 25 week build wait on the day it was ordered (but they can't explain why neither the dealer or Skoda Customer services could find this information during my wait) and there is nothing either of them can do in terms of any form of compensation. So I had VAT free/much poorer than quoted trade in/no compensation/no free servicing.

do you have the part-ex details in writing? ie order form? if theres nothing on that to say they would have to re-evaluate your part ex then i wouldnt be paying more. an agreement has been made, its not your fault the car wasnt delivered earlier.

the first dealer i went to said this when i went for the test drive, but the one ive ordered from said they would honour my part ex. anything contrary to the contract should be clearly defined at the time of making any agreement

As soon as I received notice my car would be delayed by two months I got confirmation from the selling dealer my part-ex value would be honoured.

Thankfully it will be.

do you have the part-ex details in writing? ie order form?
The order form has an estimated delivery of 7 June with a minimum valuation for that date. It actually has increase in trade in written on the paper. However, as the delivery date was 8 weeks after this they gave me a revised trade in (on the day I went to collect the car). Having spoken to various people at Skoda and the dealership I now have been given my first service free with a full valet. As I told the dealer I am comparing my customer experience against everyone on this forum and just reporting back the facts as everyone else does.
As soon as I received notice my car would be delayed by two months I got confirmation from the selling dealer my part-ex value would be honoured.
My dealer would not do this or be tied down to any future valuation of the trade in. Edited by hertsnminds

only you will know if its worth it for you, 1st service is <£100 and a valet, well it depends on how dirty youll make the car in 12 months time but id guess thats worth between £30-£50

better than nothing but way short of your trade in depreciation :(

also what car loses £500 in 8 weeks?

Edited by the mad monk

My advice is: never let a dealer do a 'so called' valet. Your car will be swirl central when you get it back. I always ask for NO WASH to be put on the form when they take a car in, but after a nasty experience that a friend had from a dealer valet, i also put a NO WASH card in the windscreen too.

I placed my order for a blue VRS at end of Jan and given a build week od week 16. In April told it would be delayed. Most recent is week 40 - but not holding my breath. Dealer says he will honour PX - but not mentionned finance. Now awaiting his suggestions of compensation.

Had my fortnightly update......it's up from week 47 to week 44, which is exactly where it started!

11 weeks to go until it's built if it stays there, i'm almost letting myself get excited but it could all still go wrong yet.

Quick word on the dealer, updates me every 2 weeks without fail....you know who you are salesman at Vindis in Cambridge! keep it up.

Candy white VRS, ordered April 27th. Extras: black wheels, rear electric windows, armrest, climatronic, storage boxes, glasses storage, mats and safeguard protection.

Well i cant believe it

its only being built next week as per skoda uk

Then it will take a 3-4 week crawl from the factory

Looks like middle to end of september arrival

Be glad to be shot of the mx5