Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

After another update of no build date yet, the dealer contacted Retailer support (presume that is Skoda UK) despite no update on the dealer system, the car is due to be built next week, so should be here in 4 weeks time. Not 100% convinced yet, but definately a step in the right direction

Another week another story... from the end of last week with a build week of this week, it has now moved to a confirmed build of 1st week in October so should have it by end of October for my birthday!!

Starting to feel a bit sorry for the dealer who to date have been good. How can you run a business when you have no idea when any of the products will get built and how you give someone a part ex value 6 months in advance???

Been through the same wait for my Octavia VRS and Skoda Yeti (6 months).

Just arrived back from a factory visit and museum tour. Walked through most of the Fabia lines and asked several times about delivery times / build weeks.

The fabia lines are ONLY working 2 shifts out of the 3, as the orders are not sufficient to warrant the running of the third shift. The other lines are on the full 3 shifts. Just the 2 shifts for the Fabia : There words not mine. Doubled checked this and the factory guide who was amazed to hear about the UK waiting times.

Doesn't help your wait but Skoda UK should be questioning the 2 shift system at the factory as orders are there !

The KD Fabia kits were also going great guns and been shiped out from the factory to negate taxes etc at there final destination countries.

Also found it interesting that they are still making the Octavia 1 for the eastern european market. Seemed wired seeming transporters full of brand new Octavia 1's.

Managed to buy two painted / decalled Fabia S2000 1:10 rc shells whilst in the Czech Rep. Both Monte 2011 cars : One as a works car (Kopecky) and one as Mikkelson's Skoda UK car. As soon as I get a chassis knocked up I'll post some pics. Anyone else put one of these shells on a Tamiya TT-01E / DF-03RA Chassis ????

Cheers,

Julian.

Just arrived back from a factory visit and museum tour. Walked through most of the Fabia lines and asked several times about delivery times / build weeks.

The fabia lines are ONLY working 2 shifts out of the 3, as the orders are not sufficient to warrant the running of the third shift. The other lines are on the full 3 shifts. Just the 2 shifts for the Fabia : There words not mine. Doubled checked this and the factory guide who was amazed to hear about the UK waiting times.

Doesn't help your wait but Skoda UK should be questioning the 2 shift system at the factory as orders are there !

The KD Fabia kits were also going great guns and been shiped out from the factory to negate taxes etc at there final destination countries.

Also found it interesting that they are still making the Octavia 1 for the eastern european market. Seemed wired seeming transporters full of brand new Octavia 1's.

Managed to buy two painted / decalled Fabia S2000 1:10 rc shells whilst in the Czech Rep. Both Monte 2011 cars : One as a works car (Kopecky) and one as Mikkelson's Skoda UK car. As soon as I get a chassis knocked up I'll post some pics. Anyone else put one of these shells on a Tamiya TT-01E / DF-03RA Chassis ????

Cheers,

Julian.

I ordered my Fabia 1.6 Diesel 105 version on the 15th August 2011. Phoned the dealer on the 2nd September 2011 and asked for a build date. They stated that it will be built on the 22nd September and delivery should be mid October.

Seeing the delay everyone else is having I can't see this being met.

Cheers,

Julian.

Very interesting. Someone at the UK end of Skoda should be up in arms over whatever is causing this situation to manifest.

Where is the sense in all this?

Sad to say that after talking to Skoda, I cancelled my order due to being a minimum of a 7 month wait. The first thing I'll check before ordering whatever my next car is, is the waiting times!

I have just phoned SUK to get an update as car was provisionally being built week commencing 19th September 2011. SUK confirmed that it is being built next week, a week earlier than suggested. This will hopefully mean that I will take delivery before I go on holiday at the end of October.

I'm in the same sitution as you, ordered my VRS Estate back in March and was given a build date of the week 31. Just chased it up now and I've been told it will be build week 34. Maybe the cars will be on the same transporter coming over!?

I've just had confirmation that my VRS is now in the UK so I should get delivery in the next couple of weeks. I'm going down to Devon on the 16th September so I'm keeping my fingures crossed that it will be here in time. I'm thinking of getting some some roof bars now for the my surfboard but I don't want to tempt fate.

Full spec is as follows:

Fabia Estate vRS in Black Magic Pearl Effect

Red vRS Upholstery

Gigaro Black Alloy Wheels

3 spoke Multi Function steering wheel

Bluetooth phone prep

Rear Parking sensors

Climate Control

Headlight washers

Curve projector Headlights

Rear electric windows

Glasses storage compartment

So, who's holding the current record for delivery delay? I'll throw my hand in, ordered a VRS on 7th March, now on build week 42, unconfirmed.

I had 35 weeks wait.

So, who's holding the current record for delivery delay? I'll throw my hand in, ordered a VRS on 7th March, now on build week 42, unconfirmed.

I ordered mine March 2011, given delivery date of march 2012 at the beginning of august, cancelled it and bought another cancelled order, delivered to me last week!

Ordered a Monte in week 13, 28th March. Quoted 26 weeks to delivery which should be week 39, 26th september.

It was built last week and is currently on the Wesser Highway on it's way to Grimsby. Due to dock at 01:30 tomorrow morning.

Woo Hoo!!!

Ordered a Monte in week 13, 28th March. Quoted 26 weeks to delivery which should be week 39, 26th september.

It was built last week and is currently on the Wesser Highway on it's way to Grimsby. Due to dock at 01:30 tomorrow morning.

Woo Hoo!!!

Do you have to call your dealer for that info or can you track it with your order number? Mine too was built week 35 so hope mine is on it's way too.

Do you have to call your dealer for that info or can you track it with your order number? Mine too was built week 35 so hope mine is on it's way too.

The Wesser Highway has been loading since 31st August so chances are that your car is on board as well.

Found out from the dealer thay the car was at Emden and then checked which of the ships were in the area. The Wesser Highway had just set sail.

I ordered my Fabia VRS the last week of July, been told by the dealer its provisionally being built Last week of October 2011 so should be early November 2011 for delivery. But i really can't wait, esp as my dad has just bought a 60 plate Yeti and my Brother in law has just got a 60 plate Octavia.

Edited by Jamesr021

I ordered my Fabia VRS the last week of July, been told by the dealer its provisionally being built Last week of October 2011 so should be early November 2011 for delivery. But i really can't wait, esp as my dad has just bought a 60 plate Yeti and my Brother in law has just got a 60 plate Octavia.

I'm sure the wait will be worth it though!!!

Reading through some of these posts, it seems it's not just Fabia issues, so here's my two posts regarding my delay experience....

One - I ordered an Octavia Estate 1.8 TSI L&K DSG on 9th February 2011 with several optional extras (sunroof, privacy glass, phone prep & wheel, silver roof rails) with an estimated delivery of mid-May - Had a call from the dealer today and my car hasn't made it onto his latest build week list which runs to week 43 now - Apparently plenty of DSG-equipped vehicles are getting through too so that component isn't the cause of the delay, despite what I was told by SUK - Looking increasingly likely that I won't get my car in 2011! - vRS I'm trading in for it runs out of MOT in January so will be interesting to see if dealer will meet the cost of that if new car still not available - Will update nearer the time - Something has certainly gone wrong at Skoda this year though - This'll be my 4th brand new one (2002 Fabia Estate, 2003 Octavia L&K TDI 130 Estate & 2010 Yeti Elegance TDI 170 previous orders) and I've never waited more than 14 weeks for a car - Strange times...

Two - 28 weeks later and I still haven't got a build date - Have been getting fortnightly updates from Will at SUK but he hasn't been able to give me anything concrete regarding a build date so far - Availability of DSG boxes was mentioned again in the last call as a likely cause of delay so I can only assume that the factory is prioritising Fabia vRS's over my car as I note on the forum that their buyers are getting delivery dates - Would like to think I'll still get the car this year but losing confidence by the day - Does anyone know a definite release date for the Mark 3 Octavia in the UK? Would assume at least 2013? - Hopefully will have at least one year driving the current model! - Call me old-fashioned, but it shouldn't take less time to have a baby than it does to build and delivery a car??? 12 weeks to go until that theory goes to pot!!!

Progress!!! SUK called to say car will hopefully be built w/c 19/9/11 so should have it mid to late October - Spoke of £400 in M&S vouchers or accesories or servicing as compensation - Will update when I hear more...

I ordered my vRS in the first week of April.

The intial delivery time was around the first week of August but then this was put back to the first week of October. I wasn't too fussed as it would allow me to save a bit more and I really wasn't (and am still not) 'desperate' to have it.

Today I received an email from the Dealer explaining "we should have the car in the last week of October". Should I make fuss over the extra delay and/or push for any 'compensation'?