Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

well my long saga came to an end today at 14;00

my car was built 28 august 2011

delivered on the 17 september 2011

because of the 8 month delay

skoda paid for mot and service of my px car

plus£300 vouchers m&s

just had a call from the dealer, still no arrival, so won't be getting it for the weekend.

Really annoying it's been at the docks for a week now.

Don't recon the several hundres quid for delivery is very good value, the car was built a month ago and I still don't have it!

Getting very annoyed and frustrated!

just had a call from the dealer, still no arrival, so won't be getting it for the weekend.

Really annoying it's been at the docks for a week now.

Don't recon the several hundres quid for delivery is very good value, the car was built a month ago and I still don't have it!

Getting very annoyed and frustrated!

Bonkers, isn't it?

I finally heard off my dealer (so to speak). Car is on it's way and should be here Wednesday. :wait:

I was told nothing when i ordered mine VRS in july, I spoke to the dealer in October and they said that it would be November and called them today and its now middle of December for a build, I know that delivery is about 2 weeks so if it goes into January 2012 am i going to lose out of the finance and VAT deals they are currently running? also does anyone have the email address for Skoda customer service so i can email them, i have only had 1 email from the dealer, they have not phoned me at all to keep me updated. so i would like some confirmation fro Skoda directly.

.... I know that delivery is about 2 weeks so if it goes into January 2012 am i going to lose out of the finance and VAT deals they are currently running?

If you ordered and paid the deposit in July then this is the point that the final price was fixed for contractual purposes. The "VAT" off deal was not really VAT free - that would be illegal. What Skoda did was discount the price of the car so that when VAT was added to this discounted price, the price that you agreed to pay was the "equivalent" of it being VAT free. The finance deal was part of the contracted price.

retiredbri

Just ordered my Monte Carlo 1.6TDI ETA next March. Which to be honest that is fine, as I was looking to replace my existing car next spring.

Well it seems that I've apparently struck gold. I had a call from the dealer yesterday to inquire for the official build date. They were told the car had been built and it's on its way to the UK!

A little stunned at the news, but just can't wait. :D

Spoken to Skoda UK, very quick to call back on my email i sent them but they are not able to give any information, said its an unconfirmed week 50 which is the middle of december, which means it will be next year for delivery, as the factory will close for christmas. I'm not exactly impressed i thought VAG was a large company so why are there delays when building a vehicle.

vRS ordered 10th feb 2011 (Week 6)

Built w/c 31st Oct and at Emden Port by 4th Nov (week 44)

Shipped from Emden on Weser Highway 17th Nov and arrived Grimsby 18th Nov (week 46)

Due to collect this Saturday 26th Nov (Week 47)

So a 41 week/9.5 month wait!

Dealer is including mdi cable of my choice. I also get £300 worth of vouchers to spend with Skoda or M&S, I chose several accessories from dealer which they will have ready for me when I collect car.

My Fabia Elegance DSG was ordered on the 16 August and I'm collecting it on Tues - 29 Nov. Exactly 16 weeks, much quicker than I was expecting. Completely out of the blue, the dealer hadn't even told me it was on the way!

Rob

Just had a call from my dealer (was about to call them for an update) to say the car has arrived and is in the workshop getting PDI'd due to collect on Monday :D . So ordered at start of Oct and ready on 5th Dec not too bad given some of the horror stories on here, but the dealer did have a pre booked build slot which I used rather than havng to get one from scratch. Roll on Monday, probably means that it will snow at the weekend though :S .

Just had a call from my dealer (was about to call them for an update) to say the car has arrived and is in the workshop getting PDI'd due to collect on Monday :D . So ordered at start of Oct and ready on 5th Dec not too bad given some of the horror stories on here, but the dealer did have a pre booked build slot which I used rather than havng to get one from scratch. Roll on Monday, probably means that it will snow at the weekend though :S .

I just got a call to say my vrs was built and was being transported as we speak. I ordered mid October so a couple of weeks and I should have it. Only 8 weeks :rofl:

I just got a call to say my vrs was built and was being transported as we speak. I ordered mid October so a couple of weeks and I should have it. Only 8 weeks :rofl:

Very strange I got a call this morning to tell me it had left the factory and would be about 3 weeks. Are they just guessing where the car is or are they just winding me up. I'm guessing now I won't get it this year :doh: I just want the truth I can take it but I don't like being taken for an idiot. :no:

We trotted into our local Skoda dealer on Dec 5th and, after a decent cup of coffee, decided to buy a new bog-standard Fabia Estate.

The Salesman found, on his computer, a SE 1.6 CR 90 Estate in Platin Grey that he said would be delivered within two or three weeks and could be driven away before the New Year.

After reading your experiences on this forum of delays and frustration at non-delivery of Skodas can you tell me if his forecast of delivery is feasible or was it a load of bullsh*t to get our order?

My recent experience of buying new cars has been the purchase of a Renault Megane, from Motorpoint of Derby, picked the car on a Tuesday and drove away in it on the Saturday and a Peugeot 207 ordered on a Monday and driven away on the Friday.

I'd expected to get the new Skoda within a few days but reality kicked in only when he said it would take a few weeks.

Why does it take so long, some of you appear to have been waiting months, for what seems a relatively modest motor.

I'd have expected a long wait for a custom Roller or Porshe but not having any great problem from a large volume car manufacturer.

Or am I likely to be pleasantly surprised and get the car before the New Year?

We trotted into our local Skoda dealer on Dec 5th and, after a decent cup of coffee, decided to buy a new bog-standard Fabia Estate.

The Salesman found, on his computer, a SE 1.6 CR 90 Estate in Platin Grey that he said would be delivered within two or three weeks and could be driven away before the New Year.

After reading your experiences on this forum of delays and frustration at non-delivery of Skodas can you tell me if his forecast of delivery is feasible or was it a load of bullsh*t to get our order?

My recent experience of buying new cars has been the purchase of a Renault Megane, from Motorpoint of Derby, picked the car on a Tuesday and drove away in it on the Saturday and a Peugeot 207 ordered on a Monday and driven away on the Friday.

I'd expected to get the new Skoda within a few days but reality kicked in only when he said it would take a few weeks.

Why does it take so long, some of you appear to have been waiting months, for what seems a relatively modest motor.

I'd have expected a long wait for a custom Roller or Porshe but not having any great problem from a large volume car manufacturer.

you could be lucky but it seems very hit or miss.

Edited by hammer32

they. build to your order

not to store in a muddy field for a time

till you want to buy one

tofo - they build to your order not to store in a muddy field for a time till you want to buy one.

I have this image in my mind of a guy at the Skoda factory waiting at the side of a phone.

The phone rings and the Dealer tells him an Estate has been ordered.

The guy puts the phone down and shouts to all the Skoda workers tucking into their sandwiches in the canteen - "Quick lads, Fabia Estate, pronto!"

There's a clattering of chairs and curses as they rush to find wheels, panels, nuts, bolts, cylinders, etc. and start to build to my requirements - a bog standard Fabia Estate.

Tell me I'm wrong!

There must surely be some built somewhere in and around the factory - isn't there?

1323511373[/url]' post='2606565']

tofo - they build to your order not to store in a muddy field for a time till you want to buy one.

I have this image in my mind of a guy at the Skoda factory waiting at the side of a phone.

The phone rings and the Dealer tells him an Estate has been ordered.

The guy puts the phone down and shouts to all the Skoda workers tucking into their sandwiches in the canteen - "Quick lads, Fabia Estate, pronto!"

There's a clattering of chairs and curses as they rush to find wheels, panels, nuts, bolts, cylinders, etc. and start to build to my requirements - a bog standard Fabia Estate.

Tell me I'm wrong!

There must surely be some built somewhere in and around the factory - isn't there?

In my case it must of been a poor old boy with a walker frame and poor reading skills took 8 months start to finish

But I think it's better now

If you have a build slot it's probably someone given up the wait and bought a fraud fiasco

Edited by tofo

A week has passed from ordering and, taking the Salesman's advice, I've eagerly looked up the progress of my order on the site - www.trackmyskoda.co.uk.

And all I get every time is - 'Thank you for your enquiry - Your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date.'

The Salesman will be getting his ear bent tomorrow!

:swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:

A week has passed from ordering and, taking the Salesman's advice, I've eagerly looked up the progress of my order on the site - www.trackmyskoda.co.uk.

And all I get every time is - 'Thank you for your enquiry - Your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date.'

The Salesman will be getting his ear bent tomorrow!

:swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:

i just checked the same as you and got the same reply, I was told mine had left the factory. So either the order numbers we have don't work in www.trackmyskoda.co.uk. or we are being lied to.

Out of interest is yours a 4 digit order number.