Footwell Lights

Agreed, but I'm just checking from the guys who've bought it that there's no issues with incorrect wire lengths or nonsense like that from our wacky Eastern companions. :)

Agreed, but I'm just checking from the guys who've bought it that there's no issues with incorrect wire lengths or nonsense like that from our wacky Eastern companions. :)

i had to "lengthen/extend the wiring" - probably cause of the path i took for the rear footwells, and i wanted to leave plenty of slack.

some pics here of my install.

i wired mine as so......

planb.jpg

Edited by JR RS

Just finished fitting mine, like JR RS said hardest part was removing trim and cutting holes

The kit i got from ebay (VW Shanghai Parts) had no issues with length of wire, i went the route of JR RS's Plan B above and they were long enough

Took a few pics with the phone will upload them shortly

Just have to wait till its dark now,

I also got a 12v to USB plug charger off the same ebay seller as the kids are always charging their android tablets in the car, so pics of that too to follow in a new thread :)

Dallan

Pics:

Kit

IMAG1255.jpg

All the trim out

IMAG1262.jpg

Routing the wires, its a little difficult as the connectors are already on

IMAG1263.jpg

IMAG1265.jpg

IMAG1264.jpg

Front ones were straightforward

Passenger side finished

IMAG1270.jpg

Testing before fitting last bit of trim on drivers side

IMAG1273.jpg

IMAG1274.jpg

On the pre-FL there is a lock bar on the connector, open then put in the wire and lock again, there is a similar bar to lock all the connectors in place also

Connector B Pin 7 on pre-FL

IMAG1271.jpg

Edited by Dallan
  • Like 2

Sweet. Good work fella. To be honest, from having removed all my interior carpetry when it got wet before, I'd be likely to just undo the four bolts for each seat to help route the wire thorough. Made it much easier when I had to do it all last time.

Looks like I'll be getting one, especially since yours is a pre-fl too so exactly the same as mine. Let us know how it went during the night when you tested it for real. ;)

Can you change the bulbs with these kits to led bulbs?

If the lights are the same as those in the boot (W5W) (which I suspect they are - the units look the same) then yes :)

Can you change the bulbs with these kits to led bulbs?

Yes the metal cover on the back comes off and there are w5w/501 bulbs in there

Will leds dim properly though? possibly they might flicker when not on? Only one way to find out

LEDs will dim. I've got some in the interior lights, still get the dimming when I lock the car in the dark :)

I've ordered the Ebay set as well, I am intending to remove the seats to install some ICE cabling so will get everything together and do it in one hit.

I retro fitted the footwell lights on my 8P A3 as well - nice mod.

Next up decide if I want to install the handle illumination in the doors whilst I have the door cards off.

Paul

• Like 1

I personally have single led bulb in white as is enough to illuminate the floor, reduced to 20% at night. I tried the green ones single but did not like it at the time, on these they were at 70% intensity. Yes canbus friendly unless if ticked off to not to be monitored via vcds.( no error will show on dash without canbus)

Edited by alberg

I have non canbus LED's in my interior lights and have had no warnings? If the footwell lights work in a similar way I can't see that they are monitored as we technically can see them not working unlike the exterior ones?

• Like 1

Hi

I've assembled footweel light (front only).

I've coded BCM module

LC 12,5

LC 20,0

Lights work Ok, but I have no menu on Maxidot.

Just after coding I had that menu "Footweel Lights" for 3 seconds - but it disappeared before my eyes.

I made coding again and again, but menu did not appear again.

My car Octavia II FL, BCM module 1K0937086G

Any idea what to do?

Coding sorted last night. Really pleased with these.

Thanks for the guides and link to buy items.

• Like 1

Coding sorted last night. Really pleased with these.

Thanks for the guides and link to buy items.

Did u use a bold sport kit? Still plucking up the courage for mine!

Did u use a bold sport kit? Still plucking up the courage for mine!

No,

I used the kit Dallan pointed me towards

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/151029585905?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Absolute doddle to do,

Love the ambient lighting when reduced to 20%