The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

Just going to paint the outside so the carbon will be visible when the door or bonnet is open, which I think is a nice touch and shows what the car really is to those that have a close look.

Anything to save weight :giggle:

• Like 2

Saw the Camo Roomster on Tuesday afternoon, forgot to do a spotted, was around 2.30/3.00 somewhere around the Braintree/Halstead/Coggeshall area, can't remember exactly where, was either on my way to Halstead, or Halstead to Colchester, bit vague but my memory is getting worse :swear:

I dont know how dificult it would be to do, but have you thought about having a really thin layer of paint on the carbon pannels, so you can see the carbon fibre weave through the paint when you get close to it?

• Like 2

I dont know how dificult it would be to do, but have you thought about having a really thin layer of paint on the carbon pannels, so you can see the carbon fibre weave through the paint when you get close to it?

Like the Ferrari f40. That would be epic

Ross suggested that.

I'd rather the outside just looked as stock as possible.

• Like 2

Nice and shiney awaiting fresh coat of paint. :)

That and the complete rebuilt, re-engineered engine, prototype turbo.... dilithium crystals..... :)

Going to be an even bigger monster! Love it!

Yes, still got to get the other panels on.

Weighed everything though.

All doors weigh about the same, going to save 13kg per door and about 8kg on the bonnet and tailgate.  So around 68kg.  Need to add a little of that back as with the carbon doors it really needs a bar on each side to protect the driver and passenger should we get hit in the side by someone on a track day.

That's not going to be enough, will bring the wet weight before fuel down to around 1,260kg.  Around the same as a Fabia VRS, giving a bhp/tonne a little over 500.

Good considering it's a 2.5 5 pot 4x4 larger car, but would like to save a bit more.

Got a few ideas. :)

Edited by BossFox
  • Like 2

Ross suggested that.

I'd rather the outside just looked as stock as possible.

That's not going to be enough, will bring the wet weight before fuel down to around 1,260kg.  Around the same as a Fabia VRS, giving a bhp/tonne a little over 500.

Good considering it's a 2.5 5 pot 4x4 larger car, but would like to save a bit more.

Got a few ideas. :)

"Got a few ideas"...............this project is falling into the same category as those various race cars which you initially look at & go "oh a slightly modified so & so"...............wrong, it's just a carbon/fibre glass shell strapped to a space frame bespoke chassis with a nutty engine & etc..............

With out stripping the dash & lightening the steel work the only other choice is carp yourself thinner?......................... :D

With out stripping the dash & lightening the steel work the only other choice is carp yourself thinner?......................... :D

Might save another 15kg or so with a motorsport wiring loom.

There are a couple of options.

Some sensible, some not.  :D

Might save another 15kg or so with a motorsport wiring loom.

There are a couple of options.

Some sensible, some not.  :D

You have lithium batteries, lightweight seats & Perspex side windows?...........

Titanium wheel bolts?.............

remove all interior trim...............

Edited by fabdavrav

Will the new front doors still have operating windows or is that another sacrifice to the forces of gravity?

How about helium filled bladders secreted in the car's interior. They would make the in-car commentaries hilarious if they sprang a leak.

• Like 1