What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

Snap you should have seen the A30. Left at 0945 and got home at 1730. 325 miles. First 50 miles took nearly 2 hours

Sent from my Galaxy S5

I was travelling from portsmouth to edinburgh area, got off the ferry 4pm on Friday, arrived 26 hours later. We spent 4.5 hours trying to get past Preston . I'm sure it's a lovely place but if I ever see it again it will be too soon :-)

I was travelling from portsmouth to edinburgh area, got off the ferry 4pm on Friday, arrived 26 hours later. We spent 4.5 hours trying to get past Preston . I'm sure it's a lovely place but if I ever see it again it will be too soon :-)

Shades of Preston pre-Motorway, when we used to leave Dumbarton for Southport ~6AM, and have a picnic lunch in the car in the Preston traffic jam between about Noon and 2PM (yes, even the driver).

• Like 1

Drivers on the M1 in heavy rain with no lights and also those in the same location but with rear foglights on blinding everybody...

Oh and finally my drivers mirror glass that came off in my hand just before a 3hr motorway drive...

• Like 1

Drivers on the M1 in heavy rain with no lights and also those in the same location but with rear foglights on blinding everybody...

Oh and finally my drivers mirror glass that came off in my hand just before a 3hr motorway drive...

You only need to use your headlights when its nighttime, but if you are in light up areas at night just using your DRLs is acceptable.

Seriously how do people like this pass there test :D and if you couldn't already tell I was joking [emoji14]

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A general lack of lane discipline this morning.

Things like indicating after half of your car has already moved into my lane. If they indicate at all.

Worst of all was the hyundai police car that was too close to the white line. To the point that I was wary of over taking. Once I passed them they drifted across it into my lane, before correcting and centring themselves...

If it was reversed, I'd be getting pulled over at a minimum.

Surprised more than annoyed.

The truck who had obviously got frustrated with sitting behind a line of pushbikes on the narrow country lane that I was coming the other way up. 

Apparently it's OK to straddle the white lines evenly while overtaking such an annoyance round a bend, as long as you're leaning on your horn.

Who knew?

[quote name="skomaz" post="4327601" timestamp="1437949403

Turned your car into a van then! Haha.

I forget my middle mirror is even there sometimes tbh :D

Turned your car into a van then! Haha.

I forget my middle mirror is even there sometimes tbh :D

he he - certainly made pulling out into the outer lanes interesting...

The wet and my RS-Rs sliding on a corner where the miss matched worn tyres on the Celica would have kept me going where I wanted to go. Maybe I need to rethink the whole track tyres all summer thing :)

Going from a single carriageway to a dual this morning, I'm speeding up to get to past the slow coaches only for one of these to pull out then indicate.  I flash my lights and wave my hand as in a "what are you doing" fashion not the w-anchor sign. He decides to brake test me but I've beaten him to it and move over to the left hand lane and before I know it, he has done the same forcing me to slam my brakes on as he is trying to get me out my car, i drive round him and eventually get on to the A38 (Derby).   Get to the Markeaton Island and he is there on my bumper, lights turn red and i saw his door open, so i jumped out too, asked (shouted) why i flashed him etc. so i told him, and he kept threatening me saying he is going to do this, and do that, while having his hands round my neck, which really didn't bother me as it wasn't hurting me, I was about to give him a left hook when a car and lorry honked their horns (as the lights turned green), he got off me, as another motorist stopped and gave him a *******ing :D i got in my car thumbs up to that driver and he (the d.head) followed me on to Ashbourne Rd, then turned off.  

So fun morning really :dull:

• Like 1

Nice guy in an Insignia comes hurtling past me in the inside lane, hits traffic, almost collects me as he tries to change into my lane without checking his blind spot, undertakes me again, cuts in front of me without signalling, undertakes the car infront of me on the inside again, and then sits in a queue for the exit whilst we all stroll past. ******.

Going from a single carriageway to a dual this morning, I'm speeding up to get to past the slow coaches only for one of these to pull out then indicate. I flash my lights and wave my hand as in a "what are you doing" fashion not the w-anchor sign. He decides to brake test me but I've beaten him to it and move over to the left hand lane and before I know it, he has done the same forcing me to slam my brakes on as he is trying to get me out my car, i drive round him and eventually get on to the A38 (Derby). Get to the Markeaton Island and he is there on my bumper, lights turn red and i saw his door open, so i jumped out too, asked (shouted) why i flashed him etc. so i told him, and he kept threatening me saying he is going to do this, and do that, while having his hands round my neck, which really didn't bother me as it wasn't hurting me, I was about to give him a left hook when a car and lorry honked their horns (as the lights turned green), he got off me, as another motorist stopped and gave him a *******ing :D i got in my car thumbs up to that driver and he (the d.head) followed me on to Ashbourne Rd, then turned off.

So fun morning really :dull:

Ahhh. Isnt life easier when you just ignore things sometimes.

:D.

Was working on the car down the workshop yesterday evening and noticed a huge mark on my passenger side door from someone else's door.

Happened at work, and I think I know who did it, but can't prove it. What do I do?

Was working on the car down the workshop yesterday evening and noticed a huge mark on my passenger side door from someone else's door.

Happened at work, and I think I know who did it, but can't prove it. What do I do?

See if there is a mark on their door, if so confront them, if not take it on the chin and get the machine polisher out at the weekend.

As mentioned before, have a quick look at their door. You might not be able to spot anything as the damage to your car was probably done by the edge of their door and there is unlikely to be any damage. You could also take a look at your scuff and see if it's left any colour behind. Lastly have a look if there is any CCTV covering it.

Other than that there isn't much you can do. :(

Nearly pulled out in front of a cyclist.

My fault totally. Bad cross roads I was creeping out of. He was in my blind spot through the passenger A pillar.

He didn't have to slow but I got a fright when he 'suddenly' appeared to me. I was really looking as well. Just shows how easy it can be to get it wrong sometimes.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

3 people deciding to have a pile up on the only good piece of road on my commute which has a good surface, shoulders on both sides and is an arrow straight....... Also the police in attendance sat in their car not appearing to do much with the road 75% blocked and some random girl left running around trying to direct traffic???? WTF??? Last I saw she was stood in the path of a lorry dressed in black wanting it to stop before it ran her over please...... Then the 30mph Vauxhall I was stuck behind for the next 18 miles odd. I should add 30-34mph at all times until the one big straight where it appeared to engage warp drive and hit 60 in record time! Immediately following said straight, the car resumed normal business for the next 5 or 6 miles I was behind it with the rest of the traffic. 

Oh and to go along with the rain today in a town I was being assessed driving for work, some CHIMP's have decided to spill diesel everywhere making it epic fun in an unladen RWD vehicle! 

3 people deciding to have a pile up on the only good piece of road on my commute which has a good surface, shoulders on both sides and is an arrow straight....... Also the police in attendance sat in their car not appearing to do much with the road 75% blocked and some random girl left running around trying to direct traffic???? WTF??? Last I saw she was stood in the path of a lorry dressed in black wanting it to stop before it ran her over please...... Then the 30mph Vauxhall I was stuck behind for the next 18 miles odd. I should add 30-34mph at all times until the one big straight where it appeared to engage warp drive and hit 60 in record time! Immediately following said straight, the car resumed normal business for the next 5 or 6 miles I was behind it with the rest of the traffic. 

Oh and to go along with the rain today in a town I was being assessed driving for work, some CHIMP's have decided to spill diesel everywhere making it epic fun in an unladen RWD vehicle! 

Said annoyance to my good MPG run :( 

The fact that 95% of people here seem to find it perfectly acceptable to follow the vehicle in front too closely and many happy to carry out dangerous overtakes, is illustrated clearly in this clip. Perfectly straight, wide and level road. Regardless of what caused the first 2 vehicles to collide, the 3rd one piling in should if being driven competently been able to simply pull up, let alone the shoulder...............................Pathetic bunch of cretins! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcUIugEI8Z4&feature=youtu.be

The white van I was sat behind at the lights after nipping out to collect a parcel.

Creeeeps forward.  Creeeps forward a bit more. And a bit more. A bit more. Until the entire van was across the line and straddling the crossing, nearly into the flow of traffic across the junction. Then, when the lights turned green, they just sat there until I apparently woke them up with a long blast on the horn.

Then they dawdled their way up to 40 just in time for the roundabout, wandering gently in and out of lane...

Couldn't see into the van, but I suspect they were probably on their phone. *headshakes*