New Badges fitted with pictures

Thats all I saw when I read the above :p Note the bloke across road walking past keeping his eyes well and truly straight.

That was for John you have not seen him :yes:

bluevrs2, so to get this totally straight, you have fitted two badges with the "601" part number (front Citigo badges)?

You have now ordered a "630" part number (a rear Citigo badge) for your boot?

The "601" is convex as you mention?

The "630" is flat?

Like you, the French man fried my mind. :giggle:

Yes and I will pick it up the rear tomorrow and post up if it is bang on right! :happy:

That was for John you have not seen him :yes:

I know it was but I thought id help my fellow heavy weight champion out.

Ok final questions.

Do you think that the "630" rear badge would be a better fit on the front grill (basically as the "601" front Citigo badge mounts directly on the curved bonnet rather than on a grill)?

I ask this as all MK1 (Fabia, Octavia, Superb) front and rear badges are an identical part number, and are flat.

Are the MK2 (Fabia, Octavia, Superb) badges the same as the MK1 (i.e. flat front and rear)?

I think somebody asked for pics of how it looks on a colour-coded grill, so here's one of mine...

IMG_4849.jpg

FFS I had just decided it prob wasn't for me and then you go and throw this pic up and im back to square one!

• Like 1

It looks pretty good tbh.Definitely looks better in real life than on pictures for some reason. I'll probably keep it on.

I needed a new badge anyway so I thought I might as well try one of these for the sake of 8 quid or whatever it was - I can always just stick another old style one on again if I get bored of it.

I like them, but think the rear of your car just needs cleaning up a tad, there's a bit too much going on (All in my opinion of course) - I'd personally remove the Octavia badge and just leave the VRS one, that's what I'm doing on my Estate.... I've seen it on another and it looked really nice.

Love the new badges. Fair play to you!

As above, I deleted the Octavia badge on mine & left the vRS one. Still pleased with the look. It says Octavia in the headlight cluster if anyone is that curious!

• Like 1

I´m pee off at myself.

Have ordered both but a few hours ago and looking at the badges as my friend is going to keep mine for his Fabia 1, just found out that the front badge is bigger than the boot one. FL model.

The rear one is same as front/rear Fabia one.

Sorry to invade your post bluevrs

Isn't it 1hp each? So with 4 wheels + front and back should be good for at least 6 horses!

Shouldn't the ones on the wheels make more?

I know they are smaller, but the revolving element must surely come into play

I also think the new main badges will be less ’aero’ than the old ones, as the depth of the indentation is greater

Not true - the raised parts of the new badge are specially aerodynamically tuned yielding a 2mph increase in top speed over the old badge and a ~2mpg increase in fuel economy. Really clever stuff.

• Like 4

Not true - the raised parts of the new badge are specially aerodynamically tuned yielding a 2mph increase in top speed over the old badge and a ~2mpg increase in fuel economy. Really clever stuff.

And the new wheel badges are bigger!

So maybe better braking?

Will these fit a mk1 Fabia then?

sent you a pm

New pic of a 630 one, it does fit better , I also dismantled the old/ new one the ring comes off and you will be able to take the center(chrome) as well

2012-05-26123108.jpg

2012-05-26123038.jpg

2012-05-26123029.jpg

Would the chrome Skoda bit come off the black background? Is it just stuck on? I would like to try a chrome ring with the Skoda badge only to let cars colour threw.

Or through :rofl: yes that is what i was thinking. I think it is just stuck on , I wanted to show the badge at a meet before I completely dismantle

Or through :rofl: yes that is what i was thinking. I think it is just stuck on , I wanted to show the badge at a meet before I completely dismantle

Hair dryer and some fishing line get to work why be one of the handful of people who have whacked on the new badge at next meet when you can be the pioneer of possible greatness!