CitiGo-Go, a Citigo with more Go.

BossFox

Hi Richard,

Now you're getting someway towards getting it running and expecting to get it finished in 7 weeks what will you need to do to get it on the road- will you need a VOSA inspection for instance and how will you go about the dreaded insurance? will you need to have it valued or will they accept proof of expenditure to estimate it's value etc.

I know this isn't very sexy compared to the car itself but as I've never done anything other than buy a 'normal' car I was wondering what obsticles you've yet to overcome on the legal front to get it on the road.

It's not going on the road right away, I'm doing some track and sprint events first to get familiar with the car.

But at some stage it will need to be looked at by VOSA. Then I'll go from there, so no point guessing at this stage.

Worst case scenario is a full IVA and a Q plate, in which case I have some Citigo dealer show plates for events.

Insurance is not a major problem.

I have a company I spend a fair few £££ with so will be twisting their arm.

It will either be classified as heavily modified or a kit car for insurance purposes.

What will be, will be, so I'm not going to worry about it too much.

• Like 2

Does it run yet?

No, it's still got the dummy engine in.

My engine still needs it's full high spec build... then it all needs wiring in using the loom from the TT and custom dash.

So may be a few more days yet...

Deadline is around 6-7 weeks away.

No, it's still got the dummy engine in.

My engine still needs it's full high spec build... then it all needs wiring in using the loom from the TT and custom dash.

So may be a few more days yet...

Deadline is around 6-7 weeks away.

Fair enough...

I bet you can't wait for the first turnover

• Like 1

If a certain transport company could sponsor me I might be able to make it to Combe ;)

If Eddie Stobarts wasn't struggling I am sure they would love to vinyl wrap your car and give you a free tank of diesel for it :D

If Eddie Stobarts wasn't struggling I am sure they would love to vinyl wrap your car and give you a free tank of diesel for it :D

If Richard can't do it it would have to be UPS

ups-truck-united-parcel-service.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Clive,

We're using the SVA/IVA compliant version of the Race Tech dash which will be sunk into the Citigo instrument bin so it's not visable from outside. :)

This one: http://www.race-tech...dash2_2_31.html

If yours is this version and good as new drop Kevin a line at Jabbasport as he may have bought it already...

If you contact me I need to ask Kevin if he's bought it already, then contact you to buy, then contact him again...

It's much better for you to contact Kevin at Jabbasport as he is dealing with the dash/electricals/software. 01733 211 779.

He has my permission to buy what we need. :)

If you contact me I need to ask Kevin if he's bought it already, then contact you to buy, then contact him again...

It's much better for you to contact Kevin at Jabbasport as he is dealing with the dash/electricals/software. 01733 211 779.

He has my permission to buy what we need. :)

Boeing 747 wings perhaps? ;)

Top marks as usual :thumbup:

• Like 1